Honda CIvic Hybrid

Damien22

HCH owners! Need some advice. I just got my pre-owned HCH for a week plus.

Can I have some advice on how you drive to achieve FC of 16km/l to 18km/l? I know some can do it with that on Singapore road condition. The paper stated of 21km/l is a little hard.

Thank you!

↡ Advertisement

Is it cvt gearbox? If yes, my advice is to accelerate to cruising speed fast.

Also does it have an instant km/l readings? Its much easier using that to gauge.

Is it cvt gearbox? If yes, my advice is to accelerate to cruising speed fast.

Also does it have an instant km/l readings? Its much easier using that to gauge.

I think it is a CVT gearbox. I am not sure though.

It has a km/l reading. Quite accurate I must say.

After a week's of driving, I must say that, if this HCH is stuck in start-stop traffic situations often, the battery level would drop quite fast and it would affect the FC quite drastically. When cruising, FC is really good.

Used to own one.

14km/l is normal in heavy urban traffic. Best I ever got was just under 20 km/l on long runs from clementi to changi coastal road for ict.

It is a cvt.

Main problem is the hybrid battery is prone to premature failure, much faster than what Honda predicted. Mine was changed at 2y 9 m and looked like it was weakening by 4.5 yrs again. If the car keeps going into regen mode, it is likely the battery is weak already.

Edited by Hotnyh

Used to own one.

14km/l is normal in heavy urban traffic. Best I ever got was just under 20 km/l on long runs from clementi to changi coastal road for ict.

It is a cvt.

Main problem is the hybrid battery is prone to premature failure, much faster than what Honda predicted. Mine was changed at 2y 9 m and looked like it was weakening by 4.5 yrs again. If the car keeps going into regen mode, it is likely the battery is weak already.

As it is covered by Kah Motors warranty until year 2015, I am intending to go down and make a fuss and get them to change a new battery just before warranty over.

I thought the fuel tank is 52 litres, like the petrol counterpart, I think it is lesser, probably about 45 litres only. Can you confirm this?

Can't remember the tank size. But it's is either 42 or 45L. Low fuel warning light usually comes on when there is still 10L inside if I remember correctly.

It's a good car when it all works well. My favourite car so far though the current Suzuki runs it a close second. Pity the battery isn't as long lived as the Prius ones... but the Prius cost >$10K more when I bought that car in 2007.

Edited by Hotnyh

Can't remember the tank size. But it's is either 42 or 45L. Low fuel warning light usually comes on when there is still 10L inside if I remember correctly.

It's a good car when it all works well. My favourite car so far though the current Suzuki runs it a close second. Pity the battery isn't as long lived as the Prius ones... but the Prius cost >$10K more when I bought that car in 2007.

I did a calculation. The Prius is more costly and in the end, the savings on the fuel goes into the car price. Thus, there isn't any much savings in th end. On the HCH, there is savings on the petrol and on top of that, the road tax and insurance is cheaper compared to the Prius and the petrol Civic.

Which Suzuki are you with now?

whats ur highway driving pattern like?

I clock in about 100km per day. Maybe 60% city, 40% highway.

I am a light footed, I very rarely go beyond 3000 rpm. I try to cruise along on highway to get the battery charging so I try not to get the battery power come in.

Brother Deckbuild suggest I go a bit harder to accelerate in the pick-up and cruise on. I will try it out.

Another thing I observe, but not sure if it is correct. The battery drain faster if I blast the aircon system. Is there any effect there?

Neutral Newbie

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I had just collected Pre Owned HCH 2008 June car yesterday, therefore I wish to get information and participate feed back and discussion at this forum.

Thank you.

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I had just collected Pre Owned HCH 2008 June car yesterday, therefore I wish to get information and participate feed back and discussion at this forum.

Thank you.

Hi gd morning. Congrats in getting your new pre-owned ride, just like me! I hope you like your new ride. I am very comfortable and impressed by the HCH when I saw it. Sitting inside is a positive experience too as I like the space. What colour is your ride?

Hi, I'm driving a big engined thirsty (relative to the HCH2) Kizashi.

Also bought used...

Google "Hypermiling" on tips on how to get the best out of the HCH2.

I drove my HCH2 all over M'sia - Lake Kenyir, Penang etc. It's a bit scary to overtake big lorries on the trunk roads though cos power isn't great... but slip it into S mode and the engine will scream happily at 6000rpm to pass the lorries... just make sure you have enough space to pass. On such roads the battery will go flat too... and you will be in regen mode at every stop.

On the NSH I would get 15-16km/L at 120kmh. Up to 17-18km.L on lazy trunk roads where little overtaking is needed.