X5 or XC90?

XWD

Neutral Newbie

Am thinking of getting a pre-owned SUV. Narrowed down to X5 or XC90. Any opinion or owner stories to share about each of these rides?

Me split between the two but the Force is strong with Beemer. Some questions in mind:

- I read FC on X5 is not good. Some hovering at 5km/l? Some owners on newer models report higher FC at ~8km/l under assumed equal driving patterns. FC on XC90 seems better since it is 500cc lower.

- Any ride specific pointers or issues to look out for?

- What is your opinion of these 2 models from an owner's perspective? Enjoying it?

Thank you in advance!

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Am thinking of getting a pre-owned SUV. Narrowed down to X5 or XC90. Any opinion or owner stories to share about each of these rides?

Me split between the two but the Force is strong with Beemer. Some questions in mind:

- I read FC on X5 is not good. Some hovering at 5km/l? Some owners on newer models report higher FC at ~8km/l under assumed equal driving patterns. FC on XC90 seems better since it is 500cc lower.

- What is your opinion of these 2 models from an owner's perspective? Enjoying it?

Thank you in advance!

when u are considering these 2 fuel guzzlers, u dun think about FC. easily 6-6.5km/L. 8km/L is a lie, even my e60 also cannot get 8km/L.

Neutral Newbie

when u are considering these 2 fuel guzzlers, u dun think about FC. easily 6-6.5km/L. 8km/L is a lie, even my e60 also cannot get 8km/L.

True, I agree. 8km/l sounds too good to be true I thought.

Your E60 modded? :D

Neutral Newbie

And yes to your other reply. If go for SUV then FC consideration is secondary.

And yes to your other reply. If go for SUV then FC consideration is secondary.

Agreed with your last point.. FC for SUV and MPV including.. Bad.. My Vellfire.. 6-6.5km/l for a 3.5 V6.. [shakehead]

Back to main topic , I think for space wise I would take XC90.. if you want power.. then.. Beemer.. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Agreed with your last point.. FC for SUV and MPV including.. Bad.. My Vellfire.. 6-6.5km/l for a 3.5 V6.. [shakehead]

Back to main topic , I think for space wise I would take XC90.. if you want power.. then.. Beemer.. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

3.5 V6, must be very shiok with that much Nm on tap.

Neutral Newbie

the engine note too shiok to not let it roar [laugh] [laugh]

Intoxicating!!! Pruss 10!!

Yes x5 is not recommended. U should buy a volvo xc90 is better handling responsive n comfortable when driving. U may consider to go wearnes pre owned there r the authorise dealer for volvo pre owned.

Thank you in advance!

I had the same dilemma as you way before I had my first XC90. Never looked back since - into the 2nd generation already.

I think for both, FC should be the secondary of your considerations, for my XC90, I head to the petrol station close to every 300+km travelled.

The handling of the XC90 is superb and the pick-up is also breathtaking for it's weight. Personally, I think right now in the market, the XC90 can be a leader for it's class.

The space is also slightly bigger (or wider) compared to the X5. I use it for last minute deliveries sometimes (I'm in the packaging business).

Personally, I'd think you cannot go wrong with an XC90. I am smitten with it. [laugh]

Would love to own a X5 if not for the prohibitive cost. The current X5 (not the new) wins hands down over the dull looking XC90. I have driven the XC90 before and it's really nothing to shout about. IMO, if you can afford the X5, then it's a no-brainer. UDM ftw!

Neutral Newbie

I had the same dilemma as you way before I had my first XC90. Never looked back since - into the 2nd generation already.

I think for both, FC should be the secondary of your considerations, for my XC90, I head to the petrol station close to every 300+km travelled.

The handling of the XC90 is superb and the pick-up is also breathtaking for it's weight. Personally, I think right now in the market, the XC90 can be a leader for it's class.

The space is also slightly bigger (or wider) compared to the X5. I use it for last minute deliveries sometimes (I'm in the packaging business).

Personally, I'd think you cannot go wrong with an XC90. I am smitten with it. [laugh]

I've yet to feel the XC90 doing a WOT in all its might so yet to know. Only saw one really take off on ECP once and that was impressive given its weight and stature. Space wise, it was really nice. I like the space between the third row and the dual split gate. It's really massive.

↡ Advertisement