Fridge not cold

Donut

I pull the fan out and seems like the fan a little resistance to spin for both the freezer and the Fridge.

off the mains, if you can reach the spade jumper of the lead wire, pull it out, watch the position of the wire just in case it has a polarity.

Low vacuum it, hope it will spin back smoothly to normal by turning it with you hand and try it again, good luck.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

off the mains, if you can reach the spade jumper of the lead wire, pull it out, watch the position of the wire just in case it has a polarity.

Low vacuum it, hope it will spin back smoothly to normal by turning it with you hand and try it again, good luck.

I think it was due to a bit of my foolish kangchiong to fix the board back the last time I pry it open. Mine is the freezer at the bottom design.

Can I just confirm that as long as the freezer can chill, I am almost 100% confirm the compressor works?

I pull the board to check on the evaporator coil the second time round. I notice the white thermister was hanging instead of attached to the board where it was meant to be. I have place it back.

I have also called the service line and they mention that the service call is 120 excluding parts.

I supposed IF the most expensive part which is the compressor is working, I should just place a call and get it over with .

I think it was due to a bit of my foolish kangchiong to fix the board back the last time I pry it open. Mine is the freezer at the bottom design.

Can I just confirm that as long as the freezer can chill, I am almost 100% confirm the compressor works?

I pull the board to check on the evaporator coil the second time round. I notice the white thermister was hanging instead of attached to the board where it was meant to be. I have place it back.

I have also called the service line and they mention that the service call is 120 excluding parts.

I supposed IF the most expensive part which is the compressor is working, I should just place a call and get it over with .

take pictures.......i believe most fridges works on the same principle and it will be a good practical lesson for the hands-on guys in mcf......me included.
  • Praise 1

that's the thermal cut off either for the compressor to cut off or kick in or to activate the fan.Usually the fan will on when door is closed

as you can see a micro switch near the edge of the door. Freezer OK, then fan is not circulating.

take pictures.......i believe most fridges works on the same principle and it will be a good practical lesson for the hands-on guys in mcf......me included.

• Praise 1

that's the thermal cut off either for the compressor to cut off or kick in or to activate the fan.Usually the fan will on when door is closed

as you can see a micro switch near the edge of the door. Freezer OK, then fan is not circulating.

things you can try. No ice or cold, gas is out.

Ice cold at certain compartment, fan not movingh

problem usually from fan or jammed mechanical clock

ya......i once had problem with my fridge.....the fan casing melted and the serviceman made a quick fix solution and it was able to operate fir another 6 yrs. But he adviced us to clean the dust and soot covering the fan areas, filters and the coils every few yrs. The dust and soot will make the fan less efficient thus making the fan operates non-stop which will make the motor hot. Think its about time to clean my fridge's fan area liao.

Ice cold at certain compartment, fan not moving

I can take the connector and dismantle the fan. BUT how to test if the fan still working?

Cut a USB cable and attached to the connector to see can spin is it ?

Ice cold at certain compartment, fan not moving

Can I use those usual Property agent magnetic strip calendar to simulate a door close situation and try to hear if the fan blows?

Cannot find the micro switch

"as you can see a micro switch near the edge of the door"

Edited by Sdf4786k

I can take the connector and dismantle the fan. BUT how to test if the fan still working?

Cut a USB cable and attached to the connector to see can spin is it ?

Can I use those usual Property agent magnetic strip calendar to simulate a door close situation and try to hear if the fan blows?

Cannot find the micro switch

"as you can see a micro switch near the edge of the door"

I dont own a new model fridge or see one yet, assumed there should be some enclosure door switch to trigger fan to spin.

unless hidden technology with embedded reel switch or the hinges are the switch.Definitely a switch is there unless you open the fridge fan is spinning then I would be surprise.

Try the fan with 3V, 6V, 12V & 24V can be DC or AC. Even then it should give a spin at low or high vtg.

I dont own a new model fridge or see one yet, assumed there should be some enclosure door switch to trigger fan to spin.

unless hidden technology with embedded reel switch or the hinges are the switch.Definitely a switch is there unless you open the fridge fan is spinning then I would be surprise.

Try the fan with 3V, 6V, 12V & 24V can be DC or AC. Even then it should give a spin at low or high vtg.

Ok.. I did a bit of search and found the at the rear of the evaporator coil at the freezer side, the duct that draws air towards the top of the fridge is frozen solid.

Have remove a huge clung of ice the size of half a hagadaz Ice cream tub.

Let see if this works.

So far, the half hour gone and it does seems to be a tad colder at the top. Keeping my fingers cross.

Ok.. I did a bit of search and found the at the rear of the evaporator coil at the freezer side, the duct that draws air towards the top of the fridge is frozen solid.

Have remove a huge clung of ice the size of half a hagadaz Ice cream tub.

Let see if this works.

So far, the half hour gone and it does seems to be a tad colder at the top. Keeping my fingers cross.

if it is the fan, dont clean it well, will repeat the faulty again.

The fan spare part is below $50 will give another few years of life.

if it is the fan, dont clean it well, will repeat the faulty again.

The fan spare part is below $50 will give another few years of life.

Thanks everyone for their inputs.

Appreciate all the suggestion.

As at 8pm, the cubes has ice up. The fridge is now cold.

Had to do a cleaning of the evaporator coil that ICE up behind as well as the air channel was totally block up. 

The air channel goes from the bottom to the top as mine is a freezer at the bottom type of configuration.

• Praise 2

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 1

Did you try shutting down and power up again ?  [laugh]

yup..

So the important thing here in that long list of comments from the site of the forum is that you must get a strong magnet to test out the fan.

Second item here is shutting down may not be equal to what a PC may be a be able to do to recover from a crash as the thermister or fan IF died is dead. No resurrection.  [bigcry]   :a-SOS:

Only time when on and off would work is if there is a alarm. 

As, there were no alarm, the physical check shows the ice block half the size of a tub of ice cream was in the way of funneling more air to the fridge. And that where the main cause of the failure

↡ Advertisement