BMW 335 or Audi S5 ?

Bighero

Neutral Newbie

I am toying with the idea of changing car.

I am considering these 2 models.

1) BMW 335 sedan

2) Audi S5 sportsback.

Anyone have driven any of these yet? Want to hear your comments.

I guess i will go for test drives if i finally decide on changing.

↡ Advertisement

i would prefer S5 for the looks and electronics if you are comparing used, if new, 335i may have the upper hand...

drive wise, one is typical RWD and the other is AWD, so see which one you prefer, space wise very similar

Turbocharged

i test drove the 335 coupe and the gtr ... the engine of the 335 is pretty decent and theres enough power. since you are going for a sedan, at least you'll have that "sleeper" vibe. iirc a simple ecu tweak ( http://procedetuning.com/BMW/bmw.html ) can boost the 335 horsepower by about 80? though, maintenance wise i'd assume bmw would be more $$$?

Neutral Newbie

i test drove the 335 coupe and the gtr ... the engine of the 335 is pretty decent and theres enough power. since you are going for a sedan, at least you'll have that "sleeper" vibe. iirc a simple ecu tweak ( http://procedetuning.com/BMW/bmw.html ) can boost the 335 horsepower by about 80? though, maintenance wise i'd assume bmw would be more $$$?

maintenance for bmw more than gtr?

Neutral Newbie

i am giving up the idea of getting the gtr.

i think i will need 4 doors

Turbocharged

maintenance for bmw more than gtr?

dont think so. gtr servicing in a world of its own ><

i am giving up the idea of getting the gtr.

i think i will need 4 doors

its not a bad decision getting 4 doors (unless you already have 1 car, then a coupe as a second car is ok). if i had the chance to change my decision, would have picked up a 535 instead. oh well :D

I am toying with the idea of changing car.

I am considering these 2 models.

1) BMW 335 sedan

2) Audi S5 sportsback.

Anyone have driven any of these yet? Want to hear your comments.

I guess i will go for test drives if i finally decide on changing.

Do find out the inherent problems associated with 335i or that particular engine I should say. Although some will tell you it had some recall and it has been ironed out. The truth is...it is still there and I am referring to stock standard cars. If possible speak to some owners who had own and done some mileage on the car.

Turbocharged

CLS350?

Gentleman's car and lotsa boot space for your family

its a decent car but be prepared, the mileage is crap ... i believe about 6km/L on average ... (50-60% highway driving)

Neutral Newbie

dont think so. gtr servicing in a world of its own ><

its not a bad decision getting 4 doors (unless you already have 1 car, then a coupe as a second car is ok). if i had the chance to change my decision, would have picked up a 535 instead. oh well :D

how much is the servicing for the gtr? on average?

Turbocharged

how much is the servicing for the gtr? on average?

every 30k got to change all oils, about $4-$5k iirc.

otherwise, every 10k, abt $1k ish for servicing.

tires about $700-800/pc for front, about 1k for rear.

its a decent car but be prepared, the mileage is crap ... i believe about 6km/L on average ... (50-60% highway driving)

When you purchase a $300k car, consumption and servicing is not in the list. Anyway CLS350 consumption is not 6km/L...it is about 9km/L based on your 50-60% highway. This engine is pretty efficient.

Fuel consumption shouldnt be a consideration here, right?

By the way the tested consumption is 6.3km per liter 80%city 20%highway.