Car license plate series history

Sofarsogood

I want a plate that TP/LTA/URA/HDB all cannot remember one....hahahahaha....that is GOLDEN NUMBER to me !!

U go apply fr job at TP n LTA got 2 already. The other 2 i cant help.

↡ Advertisement

The 1st Accord? Damm good car. Brought honda cars up there wh merc.

It was claimed to b a jap merc.

I had both the 1st gen and 2nd gen accord b4.

The 1st gen was a real breakthrough wif its FWD, slick 5-speeder, smooth OHC engine and modern dash layout not too dissimilar to today's cars. Compared to the clunky old corona or corolla of that era. The 2nd gen was an even bigger improvement wif it's 12-valve OHC and again, super smooth engine. Sadly, the Accord of today is a shadow of its former self. So much for progress......

I had both the 1st gen and 2nd gen accord b4.

The 1st gen was a real breakthrough wif its FWD, slick 5-speeder, smooth OHC engine and modern dash layout not too dissimilar to today's cars. Compared to the clunky old corona or corolla of that era. The 2nd gen was an even bigger improvement wif it's 12-valve OHC and again, super smooth engine. Sadly, the Accord of today is a shadow of its former self. So much for progress......

Ya i remember i had frens who bought e early accords n civics. When i sat in them i was really impressed. Smooth n powerful cars ahead of toyotas n datsuns of that time.

Cannot lah...that one still belongs to Ah Kong one leh... [laugh] [laugh]

Ya but u drive/ride around. Better cos free. U dun need to pay anything. Best is ty pay u to ride. Wear smart white n blue pple see u coming all slow down let u pass. Nobody wil hog right lane at 90kmh. Nobody tailgate yr backside even u go 80kmh. Change lane ty all put signal. U feel like e king of e road. Those with illegal hid disappear n none wil shine bright bright in yr eyes. The respect ty give u nobody else get.

Hahaha. [laugh]

Turbocharged

might be even earlier than that. it would be around the first time motor cars came into singapore. that would be nearly 100 years ago.

in the picture of LKY driving to the istana to meet governor to be appointed as PM (1959), his car plate was SS.

given the growth of cars during those days, single S would be wayyy before that.

is it because last time we were still part of Malaya?

so S for Singapore, J for Johor, M for Malacca, and so on

is it because last time we were still part of Malaya?

so S for Singapore, J for Johor, M for Malacca, and so on

yes, i suppose merger and separation had no effect on licence plates, since we had different systems to begin with which were never standardised at any point in time.

Saw a SS54U on volvo s40 today, quite cool plate.

I have a colleague driving a SS car plate and an ex colleague with a car plate SE.

↡ Advertisement