KIA Cerato Forte (K3)

Spring

201000km 8 year old kia rio here. Engine strong as ever, only recently wheel bearing give way. Apart from that, normal wear and tear. Iwill give a thumbs up for reliability.

I will pick Kia over Hyundai, used some Hyundai parts for my car before, seems like they wear off very fast, change back to Kia, last as good as the stock parts.

Auto or manual?

↡ Advertisement

You mean KlA="仔", very low class is't. Malaysian called 州府KlA, Hong Kong called 香港KlA,NS Man called 兵KlA, Gangster called " PlE KlA. workers called 打工仔. very offensive name, now i understand, but the Kr. may not know.

You still dont know what KIA stands for ? KIA is an abbreviation for something. Some "pantang" people dont like and of course some Koreans may know the meaning coz it is an internatioal language. Not dialects. [bigcry]

Supersonic

You still dont know what KIA stands for ? KIA is an abbreviation for something. Some "pantang" people dont like and of course some Koreans may know the meaning coz it is an internatioal language. Not dialects. [bigcry]

Just thinking how come they still use the name KIA? [:/]

You mean KlA="仔", very low class is't. Malaysian called 州府KlA, Hong Kong called 香港KlA,NS Man called 兵KlA, Gangster called " PlE KlA. workers called 打工仔. very offensive name, now i understand, but the Kr. may not know.

No, KIA is the abbreviation / classification for "Killed in Action" used in military.

No, KIA is the abbreviation / classification for "Killed in Action" used in military.

Lucky Saf replace land rover with Ford.

Else all kia.

Pls dont be childish...alot of people here drive KIA...I went to test drove one before, good interior and stable ride. Please dont put down korean cars like this....

By the way, KIA means to rise out of Asia and it has indeed live up to its name....

This is purely superstitious. Some people mind some don't, nothing to do with the technical performance of cars. Some people don't like KIA or Suzuki cars due to superstitious reasons. They are not wrong, its their choice base on their comfort.

Supersonic

Lucky Saf replace land rover with Ford.

Else all kia.

Dont think army will used korean make lo, cause they also didnt have any models used for off road.

Supersonic

Pls dont be childish...alot of people here drive KIA...I went to test drove one before, good interior and stable ride. Please dont put down korean cars like this....

By the way, KIA means to rise out of Asia and it has indeed live up to its name....

Actually KIA and hyundai cars now is using the same engine and platform, so no matter which one also same.

(edited)

The name KIA is derived from the Sino-Korean words “ki”, to come out and “a”, which stands for Asia, jointly expressing “rising out of Asia”

From Mr Google.

Another interesting fact about KIA

Since 1976, Kia has been producing and supplying military grade vehicles to the South Korean Army and the Kia Defense arm makes a total of six military vehicles.

I wonder if they use Korean character for the logo, it may look cool.

Edited by Huntz

請别生气, 我只是一时好奇有人为什么会𣎴喜欢它这个名字. 有得罪的地方, 請多多包容 謝謝。

My advice: Test drive first. Kimchi packaging and showroom appeal is first rate. Very easy to be swept off the showroom floor. But the engineering and drive factor still somewhat lagging.

test drove the car recently. softer suspension which I like. likely to get it soon.

Any bro care to update on reliability, comfort and maintenance issues?

Any KIA bro can provide an update?