Mazda CX9

Icebrush79

if you look it up on Sgcarmart, CX-9 is no longer available for sale.

Any idea why no longer on sale? Is it due to poor sales, tech mech issues or Mazda Corp need more metal to melt for their new gen of 2020 vehicles?
  • Praise 1

Any idea why no longer on sale? Is it due to poor sales, tech mech issues or Mazda Corp need more metal to melt for their new gen of 2020 vehicles?

It’s no more on sale for now n waiting for new batch to come n then they can price it according to COE at that point of time. Don’t think it’s not for sale anymore.

• Praise 3

Itâs no more on sale for now n waiting for new batch to come n then they can price it according to COE at that point of time. Donât think itâs not for sale anymore.

Seems like the next batch will take a least a year before they come in.

Else why don't take pre-orders first?

Honestly I haven’t seen tat many CX9 lately on the road. In fact, the only one I saw was msia-reg plate at Bedok. Is it because the current ones are still undergoing delivery to their would-be new owners? Anyway CX9 is one of the better looking SUVs compared to others in terms of exterior styling (likewise for the rest of the CX series) imho. Edited by UncleLabbit
  • Praise 1

Honestly I haven’t seen tat many CX9 lately on the road. In fact, the only one I saw was msia-reg plate at Bedok. Is it because the current ones are still undergoing delivery to their would-be new owners? Anyway CX9 is one of the better looking SUVs compared to others in terms of exterior styling (likewise for the rest of the CX series) imho.

I’ve seen a few n yes it is handsome looking without doubt. A tad longish though which is fine looks wise but just afraid it might protrude out in a parking lot?

• Praise 4

Likely cos they haven’t got confirmation on the next batch delivery date but I doubt it will take a year to come.

Also, there could be negotiations between TEK n principal on the no. of units to bring in? Though this is just my conjecture only as TEK dont want to be stuck with unsold inventory whilst principal expects their distributors to sell more, just my 2 cents.....

• Praise 3

At that price range, is it more worthwhile to get the land rover discovery sport?

In my view, the LR Discovery Sport is a couple of notches down from a build quality perspective compared to the Cx9 (and santa fe/Sorento for that matter) . Reliability is not great and 3rd row of seats is not very usable.

Go test drive yourself and the difference will jump out at you.

Edited by Fungyee77
  • Praise 3

At that price range, is it more worthwhile to get the land rover discovery sport?

LR disco sport, the last 2 seats are for dolls - same goes for X-Trail and the Peugeot 5008. Last row is wayang show to buyers who kid themselves that they will have 2 seats for emergency use.

CX-9 last row can really seat an adult human - that's the difference.

• Praise 4

I’ve seen a few n yes it is handsome looking without doubt. A tad longish though which is fine looks wise but just afraid it might protrude out in a parking lot?

There is one in my estate carpark. Owner changed from XC60. Definitely protrudes out of the lot. A lot.

There is one in my estate carpark. Owner changed from XC60. Definitely protrudes out of the lot. A lot.

Ya that’s the fear but I must say it’s a handsome car n doesnt look that gigantic at one glance but measurements shows that it is long. Goes to show good designs can hide obvious bulges, bulk etc which some ladies are particularly good at, sometimes thru clothing etc

• Praise 5

Frankly I cant tell the difference from the brochure, what makes u think this is the updated version?

There's a section on apple carplay.
↡ Advertisement