Mazda CX9

Icebrush79

My SE informed me that this ride will be launched in Q2 or Q3, now only showcased. Indicative price from 180k to 200k. I was thinking might as well get Alphard/Velfire haha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

My SE informed me that this ride will be launched in Q2 or Q3, now only showcased. Indicative price from 180k to 200k. I was thinking might as well get Alphard/Velfire haha.

Exactly lo... but Alphard/Vellfire pple will say like schoolbus driver mah.. haha

• Praise 1

True.

I totally forgot abt Discovery. Maybe becoz Land Rover not exactly premium badge.

Landrover is a true SUV but I doubt most owners will take it offroad

only consideration then is reliability and running cost.

Of course like everyone else, buying a conti or a jap is not about brand and design anymore. More of a self question . In the event of an accident, do you want to be in a land rover or a CX9

• Praise 1

1 is a van pretending to be a car.

The other is a Crossover.

CX9 priced a whopping $60k over the high-spec Sorento SX. Despite costing so much more, the CX9 still not in premium badge territory. Din know Mazda got so many diehard fanbois in SG.....

1 is a van pretending to be a car.

The other is a Crossover.

Alphard/VF can do other purpose... like hotel room on wheels :grin:

Also resale value is good, can repurpose to become Limo service.

Chances are CX-9 will drop price big big after initial launch... same with the rest of the Mazdas after a while Eurokars will start to lelong.

• Praise 1

Different league and type... Alphard and twin are MPVs... If compare like for like, closest would be the Fortuner...
  • Praise 1

Very logical analysis on the pricing

But I think if the car really swee

Some guys would throw rationality out of the window haha

• Praise 1

Very logical analysis on the pricing

But I think if the car really swee

Some guys would throw rationality out of the window haha

It looks very good to my biased eyes.

It looks very urban and premium.

Sorento just looks like an american sedan on steroids with that grille.

XC90 has the scandi imposing look. Like a big blond viking lol.

Disco Sport has a more sporty or adventurous/land rover feel.

Wah....see the real thing at motor show.cx9 machiam a tank. Too big for me, I dunno how to park sia. Anyway.....Too ex also , self consolation

I think the CX9 has a real presence about it when you see it in person - it manages to look imposing and sleek all at once.

The interior looks fantastic as well. Design wise, is on par with premium makes like Audi and Mercedes.

Vs the Sorento, think the main pluses (just based on a static walk-around) are (1) more attractive external and interior design (though subjective) (2) top of dashboard feels more premium (3) more boot space when all 3 rows are up.

On the flip side, (1) the third row leg room is not as good as the Sorento (surprising given CX9 is c. 0.4m longer) (2) no 3rd row aircon vents (3) quality of the plastics used on the bottom half in the first couple of rows and all of the 3rd row seemed harder and more hollow sounding (4) fit and finish is not as tight (not sure if it's only this vehicle).

A test drive will tell us more about the car. Clearly, handling and power are key strengths of the CX9, both of which are supposed to be best in class.

I think the CX9 has a real presence about it when you see it in person - it manages to look imposing and sleek all at once.

The interior looks fantastic as well. Design wise, is on par with premium makes like Audi and Mercedes.

Vs the Sorento, think the main pluses (just based on a static walk-around) are (1) more attractive external and interior design (though subjective) (2) top of dashboard feels more premium (3) more boot space when all 3 rows are up.

On the flip side, (1) the third row leg room is not as good as the Sorento (surprising given CX9 is c. 0.4m longer) (2) no 3rd row aircon vents (3) quality of the plastics used on the bottom half in the first couple of rows and all of the 3rd row seemed harder and more hollow sounding (4) fit and finish is not as tight (not sure if it's only this vehicle).

A test drive will tell us more about the car. Clearly, handling and power are key strengths of the CX9, both of which are supposed to be best in class.

You tell me which other MPV can do century sprint of 7.2sec? Maybe only those truely luxurious marque can offer this kind of performance. Easily beat Sharan which I rate very highly of.

Come to think of it, it is a steal if can buy at $180k given its quality and performance.

I am really growing to like Mazda over the last 3years, hope will turn out well. Anyway, still got few months to consider. Now really biased towards Alphard/Velfire.

You tell me which other MPV can do century sprint of 7.2sec? Maybe only those truely luxurious marque can offer this kind of performance. Easily beat Sharan which I rate very highly of.

Come to think of it, it is a steal if can buy at $180k given its quality and performance.

I am really growing to like Mazda over the last 3years, hope will turn out well. Anyway, still got few months to consider. Now really biased towards Alphard/Velfire.

Personally I'd prefer this to any MPV...

BUT Alphard/Vellfire is a different animal though... If you need that kind of space, don't think the CX-9 OR the Sharan will work for you. 

• Praise 1

Personally I'd prefer this to any MPV...

BUT Alphard/Vellfire is a different animal though... If you need that kind of space, don't think the CX-9 OR the Sharan will work for you.

Alphard and vellfire is fugly. Cx9 is soooo damn sexy....Hehehe

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1