Tires rubbing on front bumper.

Devin

Neutral Newbie

hello guys,

just gotten my car last week, lancer glx. my suspension now is 0 fingers from fender, running on 205/50R16. full lock is rubbing the front bumper edge.

interested to know will changing the profile to 45 will help? or if i do camber settings to the suspension will it help in the situation?

thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Cannot picture how can rub front bumper edge, you mean front of tyre well?

If the overall tyre size stay the same as it should, then no changing to profile to 45 will not help. If you change profile such that tyre size changes, then your odo will be off.

Neutral Newbie

If rub fender then camber or fender roll helps.

I duno how to rub bumper edge too.

U can change tyre profile to 45 if u dun mind ur speedo off abit.. But then u may encounter another problem. Rubbing too many humps as the overall ride height is slightly lowered.

A easier option is raising ur ride height.

Hi TS,

When they jack up the car, do you spot any aftermarket adjustable arms? Any spacers? What's the rim offset? Stock bumper?

It is possible to rub the bumper with offset exceeding the fender and some adjustable arms in place (i.e. toe arm, lower control arm...)

hello guys,

just gotten my car last week, lancer glx. my suspension now is 0 fingers from fender, running on 205/50R16. full lock is rubbing the front bumper edge.

interested to know will changing the profile to 45 will help? or if i do camber settings to the suspension will it help in the situation?

thanks.

0 finger ? u on coil over? isnt it stress to go down ramp car park?

best is get the reputable shop to see your car physically and find your problem fix it

from you described here is too brief.

and recommendation may not solve your problem here