Data Recovery software ?

Shouyi

Hi,

my PC went into system recovery mode and I selected an option that reads roughly "restart as a brand new PC". The data in the hard disk seemed to be wiped out.

Is there anyway recommended data recovery software that I can use to retrieve the lost information ? Thanks your your help.

↡ Advertisement

I used a professional data retrive once. You should be expecting in the neighborhood of about 1.5-3k.

Forgot the name, but its near keppel building or something.

Edited by Kiadaw

Hi,

my PC went into system recovery mode and I selected an option that reads roughly "restart as a brand new PC". The data in the hard disk seemed to be wiped out.

Is there anyway recommended data recovery software that I can use to retrieve the lost information ? Thanks your your help.

Can use recuva, it's free but need patience. :D

here the link: http://www.piriform.com/recuva

thks for the recommendation. do i need to remove the hard disk from the cpu and install it in another pc to do the data recovery ?

thks for the recommendation. do i need to remove the hard disk from the cpu and install it in another pc to do the data recovery ?

yup ...run the recovery s/w from a pc, then ply the damaged HDD as slave on the pc ... and then see what comes out of it. make sure your pc's HDD has enuff space for the recovered files or you have to put another hdd to accommodate the recovered files.

btw, some recovery s/w recovered files but renames them to a standard filelist and not the original names.

You can plug as slave or get those usb dock station type cable at sim lim...use program like disk space fan recovery,wondershare data recovery,stellar's data recovery,ntfs recovery,fat32 recovery....etc.etc..provided your hdd still functioning...for sure 80% sure can recovery..

Do not need another PC, but you will need another external HD to recover the data from the hard disk that you have deleted. Not recommended to download the recovered data to the same hard disk.

You should be able to recover whatever data you have lost from the harddisk, using the various options available from recuva, the deep scan is gonna take times, and that's when your patience will be tested. :D

Hi Zappy,

as per your recommendation, I managed to recover about 80% of the files. Some recovered excel files cannot be opened though.

Neutral Newbie

Hello,

Don,t worry about your lost data,You can very easily recover your corrupt or damaged data from a PC with the help of Window Data Recovery software,Nowadays there are several software available such as Kernel for Window Data Recovery Software that repair and recover lost or damaged data instantly from hard disk or other storage device such as PEN Drive,USB Drive,SD Crad etc, without any hassle.You can download a free demo of this software from here http://www.recoverlostfile.net

post-132158-1371116829_thumb.jpg

Turbocharged

uumm... why this post attract 3 person to register a new nick to post a recommendation and never to appear anymore........ [sweatdrop]

Hypersonic

uumm... why this post attract 3 person to register a new nick to post a recommendation and never to appear anymore........ [sweatdrop]

Maybe it's our lao jiao who didn't want anyone to find out he is an IT nerd? [laugh] [laugh]

Turbocharged

Maybe it's our lao jiao who didn't want anyone to find out he is an IT nerd? [laugh] [laugh]

Only it savvy people know what to recommend.... Can't be it nerd lar... Hehehe...

Neutral Newbie

When you delete a file, the file isn't actually removed, just the space the file use to take -up is marked "free".

If your HD gets corrupted and it so happens to land on your MFT, you files may no longer show up or the drive is marked bad, but the data is still there. You may lose the name of your files since all that's in your MFT, but the data lives on.

So you need a data recovery software to retrieve your data. You can try to find a data recovery coupon in IfCoupons.It will save your money. Good luck.

↡ Advertisement