Mercedes A45 AMG!

I-LOVE-CARS

Yep, since it utilised a2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four petrol rated at 350-horsepower and 332 lb-ft (450Nm) of peak torque. But it is still THE most power turbocharged 4 Cylinder engine in the world

360-horsepower and 332 lb-ft (450Nm),

THE most power turbocharged 4 Cylinder engine in the world under mass production,

S$262K, price also friendly [:p]

unfortunately no manual option [inlove]

↡ Advertisement

Yep, since it utilised a2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four petrol rated at 350-horsepower and 332 lb-ft (450Nm) of peak torque. But it is still THE most power turbocharged 4 Cylinder engine in the world

I'd buy this car over the lumbering Jag diesels and beat the crap out of them re torque, bhp, 0-100, handling and performance!

AMG FTW!!

360-horsepower and 332 lb-ft (450Nm),

THE most power turbocharged 4 Cylinder engine in the world under mass production,

S$262K, price also friendly [:p]

unfortunately no manual option [inlove]

u say friendly ut ur budget alsio no where near

• Praise 1

I'd buy this car over the lumbering Jag diesels and beat the crap out of them re torque, bhp, 0-100, handling and performance!

AMG FTW!!

agreed... nearly bot jag 2.2xf. ordered CLA 220 CDI instead

• Praise 1

Can anyone advise the mechanical differences btw a CLA250 and CLA45?

Both uses the same engine right?

Huge difference I imagine

Engine on tha cla 45 has massively strengthened components to put out that output, cla45 is 4wd, gearbox also different. Both cars are almost fully totally different

• Praise 2

Huge difference I imagine

Engine on tha cla 45 has massively strengthened components to put out that output, cla45 is 4wd, gearbox also different. Both cars are almost fully totally different

CLA45 runs a forged internal? Any inform on the snails of both cars?

CLA45 runs a forged internal? Any inform on the snails of both cars?

Don't have the details but I recall from earlier research when I was comparing that with the m135. Truly impressive engine but at the local price (I recall it was close to 300k) I'll prob opt for a m240 or m2 and chip it.

But there is a video, a chipped a45 outruns a stock m4 on the straights amazing

If you're thinking of buying a CLA250 to mod into a C45, I bet it's impossible without major part replacements. Mercedes not so stupid! 180 to 250 maybe still can via tune.

If you're thinking of buying a CLA250 to mod into a C45, I bet it's impossible without major part replacements. Mercedes not so stupid! 180 to 250 maybe still can via tune.

180 is a 1.6L while 250 is 2L.

Different animal altogether.

https://youtu.be/wDKrcZ7xLY8

The bimmer uses 6 pots while Merc is just a 4 banger.

I've seen youtube beedeo of M2 vs CLA45 on the track.

The 4 banger actually outperform the 6 pot! [shocked]

Don't have the details but I recall from earlier research when I was comparing that with the m135. Truly impressive engine but at the local price (I recall it was close to 300k) I'll prob opt for a m240 or m2 and chip it.

But there is a video, a chipped a45 outruns a stock m4 on the straights amazing

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 1

180 is a 1.6L while 250 is 2L.

Different animal altogether.

Sorry, A180 to A200, they both use 1.6L. Yes A250 is 2L engine, same as A45. 

• Praise 1

Mod a CLA250 to CLA45 can save tons on insurance [lipsrsealed]

That's why I need to understand both cars mechanically 1st.

PI car (brand new) but registered for a quarter of a million!

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=634404&DL=2010

It's more than modding the engine, need to mod the gearbox, drivetrain if I recall cla 250 is just 2WD. Personally I think most times the cla45 wins out is because of the 4WD better traction better launch

Modding the 250 engine to match the cla45 power I doubt it's possible, the 250 engine will likely fail first. Even the .28 n20 engine I'm using will start having failure signs once pushed above 300hp. Considering the cla 45 engine is putting out if I recall some 360 hp at stock with further ability to push up with chip shows how resilient the design is.

• Praise 4

It's more than modding the engine, need to mod the gearbox, drivetrain if I recall cla 250 is just 2WD. Personally I think most times the cla45 wins out is because of the 4WD better traction better launch

Modding the 250 engine to match the cla45 power I doubt it's possible, the 250 engine will likely fail first. Even the .28 n20 engine I'm using will start having failure signs once pushed above 300hp. Considering the cla 45 engine is putting out if I recall some 360 hp at stock with further ability to push up with chip shows how resilient the design is.

The cla250 has a 4-matic option. Best part is the new facelift yields 375bhp! [thumbsup]

However, its price tag [dead]  [shocked]

• Praise 5

Hi was travelling and missed the post :D

I think the FL model should be the new CLA45 AMG? If the CLA250 was 375Hp the CLA45AMG sales would take a huge hit I imagine

Just on the engine

http://blog.caranddriver.com/mercedes-benz-amgs-turbo-four-downsizing-we-can-get-behind/

With the launch of the A45 AMG and the upcoming reveal of the CLA45 AMG, Mercedes-Benz AMG is charging hard into the compact-performance segment. Back home in Germany, the AMG pair meet two established competitors: the outgoing Audi RS3 Sportback, producing 340 horsepower from a turbocharged 2.5-liter straight-five, and the BMW M135i, with a turbocharged 315-horsepower straight-six. AMG’s addition of its 355-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder gives Benz the distinction of the hottest compact motor of the three major players in the land of Hasselhoff.

At 121 cubic inches of displacement, AMG’s M133 engine produces a lofty 178 horsepower per liter, which Mercedes says is the highest of any four-cylinder automotive engine ever produced in significant volume. This long-stroke powerplant is derived directly from the ubiquitous M270/M274 mill that powers several A-, B-, C-, and E-classes. And like those, this powerplant has been engineered with spray-guided direct injection, which uses piezo injectors.

The M133 also receives forged pistons and a forged crankshaft optimized for low rotating inertia and low friction. The cylinder walls are coated with twin-wire arc spray, a technology that was developed by Mercedes-Benz AMG and first used in the M156 6.2-liter V-8, and is known as Nanoslide. Maximum power comes at 6000 rpm, and the powerplant redlines at 6700 rpm; maximum torque, 332 lb-ft, is provided from 2250 to 5000 rpm.

The A45 AMG is force-fed by a BorgWarner-supplied twin-scroll turbocharger that delivers 26 psi (1.8 bar) of boost. An air-to-water intercooler reduces the intake temperature. A seven-speed, wet dual-clutch automatic is standard; it is derived from the Benz’s standard dual-clutch transmission and optimised for higher torque. The engine’s cooling system is enhanced with an additional cooler, and regulating transmission-fluid temperature is integrated in with the engine cooling system.

For ultimate sound, AMG is fitting an exhaust system with a computer-controlled diverter flap; it provides additional acoustic feedback when the transmission’s Sport or Manual mode is selected—the throttle is blipped automatically under downshifts when in these modes, too. The effect is amplified with the optional performance exhaust system. The transmission’s Comfort setting will provide smoother and quieter shifting action, as well as activate the M133’s start-stop function, which is partially responsible for the engine’s excellent 34-mpg rating in the, ahem, optimistic European cycle.

Unlike the V-8 and V-12 engines by AMG, the M133 is not built at AMG headquarters in Affalterbach. Instead, it will be manufactured in Mercedes’ Kölleda, Germany, engine plant some 200 miles north. But AMG is installing a separate production line, and the “one man, one engine” philosophy remains.

Not sure if the cooling system is the same between CLA250 vs CLA 45 AMG

Below gives more details about the engine itself but the M133 though same bore/stroke of the M270 I think everything else was reworked from the crankcase, cylinder treatment forged components etc.

http://australiancar.reviews/mercedesbenz_M133.php

http://australiancar.reviews/mercedesbenz_M270_M274.php

The cla250 has a 4-matic option. Best part is the new facelift yields 375bhp! [thumbsup]

However, its price tag [dead]  [shocked]

Hi was travelling and missed the post :D

I think the FL model should be the new CLA45 AMG? If the CLA250 was 375Hp the CLA45AMG sales would take a huge hit I imagine

Just on the engine

http://blog.caranddriver.com/mercedes-benz-amgs-turbo-four-downsizing-we-can-get-behind/

With the launch of the A45 AMG and the upcoming reveal of the CLA45 AMG, Mercedes-Benz AMG is charging hard into the compact-performance segment. Back home in Germany, the AMG pair meet two established competitors: the outgoing Audi RS3 Sportback, producing 340 horsepower from a turbocharged 2.5-liter straight-five, and the BMW M135i, with a turbocharged 315-horsepower straight-six. AMG’s addition of its 355-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder gives Benz the distinction of the hottest compact motor of the three major players in the land of Hasselhoff.

At 121 cubic inches of displacement, AMG’s M133 engine produces a lofty 178 horsepower per liter, which Mercedes says is the highest of any four-cylinder automotive engine ever produced in significant volume. This long-stroke powerplant is derived directly from the ubiquitous M270/M274 mill that powers several A-, B-, C-, and E-classes. And like those, this powerplant has been engineered with spray-guided direct injection, which uses piezo injectors.

The M133 also receives forged pistons and a forged crankshaft optimized for low rotating inertia and low friction. The cylinder walls are coated with twin-wire arc spray, a technology that was developed by Mercedes-Benz AMG and first used in the M156 6.2-liter V-8, and is known as Nanoslide. Maximum power comes at 6000 rpm, and the powerplant redlines at 6700 rpm; maximum torque, 332 lb-ft, is provided from 2250 to 5000 rpm.

The A45 AMG is force-fed by a BorgWarner-supplied twin-scroll turbocharger that delivers 26 psi (1.8 bar) of boost. An air-to-water intercooler reduces the intake temperature. A seven-speed, wet dual-clutch automatic is standard; it is derived from the Benz’s standard dual-clutch transmission and optimised for higher torque. The engine’s cooling system is enhanced with an additional cooler, and regulating transmission-fluid temperature is integrated in with the engine cooling system.

For ultimate sound, AMG is fitting an exhaust system with a computer-controlled diverter flap; it provides additional acoustic feedback when the transmission’s Sport or Manual mode is selected—the throttle is blipped automatically under downshifts when in these modes, too. The effect is amplified with the optional performance exhaust system. The transmission’s Comfort setting will provide smoother and quieter shifting action, as well as activate the M133’s start-stop function, which is partially responsible for the engine’s excellent 34-mpg rating in the, ahem, optimistic European cycle.

Unlike the V-8 and V-12 engines by AMG, the M133 is not built at AMG headquarters in Affalterbach. Instead, it will be manufactured in Mercedes’ Kölleda, Germany, engine plant some 200 miles north. But AMG is installing a separate production line, and the “one man, one engine” philosophy remains.

Not sure if the cooling system is the same between CLA250 vs CLA 45 AMG

Below gives more details about the engine itself but the M133 though same bore/stroke of the M270 I think everything else was reworked from the crankcase, cylinder treatment forged components etc.

http://australiancar.reviews/mercedesbenz_M133.php

http://australiancar.reviews/mercedesbenz_M270_M274.php

Yes bro.. M referring to the CLA45 that has 375bhp.

250 no change in power output.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mercedes/2017-mercedes-amg-cla45-ar172765.html

Edited by Aaronlkl