(edited)

Mingsect Posted Today, 08:12 AM

The bay is available in ebay

Any specify seller links?

Edited by Gpmg762
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Bugqq Posted Today, 02:11 AM

My DR400G (v1) was getting foggy and the internal battery is dead, so I took it apart and found (1) the small internal battery is bloated and (2) removing the lens housing, the rearmost lens element looking rather cloudy. Swabbed the lens surface with a cotton bud with a little Zippo lighter fluid and now the camera is working like new again.

I wonder how many DR400's have been discarded because of internal fogging?

Will be searching for a replacement battery at Sim Lim Tower/Square next week.

Please let me know your findings at Sim Lim? Need to replace my battery too.

Thanks.

Edited by Gpmg762

Hi Vulcann,

I did what you did for my DR380G-HD. Same thing, the internal lens were 'dirty". After using the alcohol swap and "lenspen" on the external/internal lens, my camera is no longer foggy. I didn't touch the CMOS though for fear of damaging it though. Hope this solution lasts.

Thank you! =)

No problem you are welcome [wave] [wave]

Bugqq Posted Today, 02:11 AM

you can try Sim Lim Tower basement B1. There is a shop selling battery of all sizes

if there are wires/connectors they can repack the batt and reuse the wires.

I did all of my equipment with faulty battery, so far so good.

you can also get advice if you can get higher capacity and/or batter battery quality/brand

hope this helps

My DR400G (v1) was getting foggy and the internal battery is dead, so I took it apart and found (1) the small internal battery is bloated and (2) removing the lens housing, the rearmost lens element looking rather cloudy. Swabbed the lens surface with a cotton bud with a little Zippo lighter fluid and now the camera is working like new again.

I wonder how many DR400's have been discarded because of internal fogging?

The lithium-polymer (li-po) battery inside the BV is rated at 3.7V 170mAH.

Tried searching for it at Sim Lim Tower & managed to find a shop selling this type of 3.7V li-po batt but they have 200mAH or those with higher ratings only. In addition, the minimum 200mAH rating batt is bigger than the 170mAH one so it cannot fit in the BV.

I bought the 200mAH one anyway at $7 & secured it outside the BV with a duct tape. Read my method of replacement in this thread: http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=4773870

Do be careful with the short & tiny cables as I had a hard time joining it to the existing terminal points.

The shop's particulars is as follows:

S*IGE Electronics

10 Jalan Besar B1-27 Basement

SLT

* - the letter is eAsy to tell [;)]

It was manned by a skinny guy who is quite friendly.

Good luck [wave]

Please let me know your findings at Sim Lim? Need to replace my battery too.

Thanks.

Went to SL Tower basement shop S*IGE but the closest they have is 3.7V 120mAh in a long-ish shape. Un*cell in Sim Lim Square only had LiPo batteries for iPods etc.

Found this one on eBay that seem to be VERY close to the original battery shape and size for around US$8.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-170-mAh-recha...=item27cebe694e

I think I'll just order from this seller and wait a week or two instead.

Went to SL Tower basement shop S*IGE but the closest they have is 3.7V 120mAh in a long-ish shape. Un*cell in Sim Lim Square only had LiPo batteries for iPods etc.

Found this one on eBay that seem to be VERY close to the original battery shape and size for around US$8.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-7V-170-mAh-recha...=item27cebe694e

I think I'll just order from this seller and wait a week or two instead.

Bro do check the size.

The stock battery is already a tight fit so the replacement you are ordering must be of similar size or better, smaller.

If it is bigger then you may have to secure it OUTSIDE the BV unit.

(edited)

Thanks for all the input. A colleague of mine suggests a capacitor instead of the lipo,

like the current dr500hd which uses a 5.4V 7.5F capacitor.

I was into rc so i know what heat can do to lipo. High temp tolerance capacitor 150 degree

on the other hand should not have any problem surviving in a sun baked car but i am not

sure if it will work.

DR500GW-HD-WiFi-Internal-1.jpg

Edited by Gpmg762
  • Praise 2

Thanks for all the input. A colleague of mine suggests a capacitor instead of the lipo,

I was into rc so i know what heat can do to lipo. High temp tolerance capacitor 150 degree

on the other hand should not have any problem surviving in a sun baked car but i am not

sure if it will work.

Yes, a capacitor should solve the problem. But that would mean to also mod the circuit as currently DR400 is built for recharging the lipo.

Me not fully electrical trained so I would advise against it. If difficult to find the correct lipo, just get any lipo, extend the wire and mount the lipo externally. :D Use velco or double tap.

Any chance you guys tried putting a filter (polarizing) on the lens...bright morning sun really shines...and the auto exposure adjustments really don't help....

But thinking if its night time though lens with filter maybe too dark...

sure if it will work.

DR500GW-HD-WiFi-Internal-1.jpg

Anyone tried replacing the tiny button battery in the DR500GW? I suspect that is the culprit that is causing the changes in the time on my set. When the unit is powered down and subsequently powered up some time later, the time remains at the time when it shutdown. I think the battery powering the internal clock is flat. After dismantling the unit, I could not remove the little button battery.

Anyone tried replacing the tiny button battery in the DR500GW? I suspect that is the culprit that is causing the changes in the time on my set. When the unit is powered down and subsequently powered up some time later, the time remains at the time when it shutdown. I think the battery powering the internal clock is flat. After dismantling the unit, I could not remove the little button battery.

Careful when you are trying to remove the button battery.

Previously I suspected the button battery in my DR400G-HD II to be dead as well and so I tried to pry it out but ended up breaking off the tiny metal contact...Siao liao now cannot even insert the replacement button battery!!! [sweatdrop]

Not sure about the new DR500GW model but hopefully the basic function sama sama as mine. OK my solution is quite simple now that I am left without a button battery:

1) Turn on your BV by starting your engine or otherwise.

-It will take about 40s to power my BV up;

2) The unit will then try to lock into the GPS. ;

-Some folks will let it lock into the signal before driving but for me I just start driving

-The locking on will take anything from 10s to about a minute for my BV.

3) Once the GPS signal is locked on (checked the attached thumbnail image below) with the green light up, disconnect and then re-connect the BV power source i.e. ciggy power head immediately;

4) Again it will take about 40s to re-power it up; &

5) The BV internal date and time will then sync with the GPS satellites above and will have the current date/time

Only hassle is that I have to do these steps EVERYTIME I activate my BV. In addition the last file may be corrupted and not be able to be viewed.

Hope this helps [wave]

post-5981-0-99263100-1391503607.jpg

• Praise 1

Careful when you are trying to remove the button battery.

Previously I suspected the button battery in my DR400G-HD II to be dead as well and so I tried to pry it out but ended up breaking off the tiny metal contact...Siao liao now cannot even insert the replacement button battery!!! [sweatdrop]

Not sure about the new DR500GW model but hopefully the basic function sama sama as mine. OK my solution is quite simple now that I am left without a button battery:

1) Turn on your BV by starting your engine or otherwise.

-It will take about 40s to power my BV up;

2) The unit will then try to lock into the GPS. ;

-Some folks will let it lock into the signal before driving but for me I just start driving

-The locking on will take anything from 10s to about a minute for my BV.

3) Once the GPS signal is locked on (checked the attached thumbnail image below) with the green light up, disconnect and then re-connect the BV power source i.e. ciggy power head immediately;

4) Again it will take about 40s to re-power it up; &

5) The BV internal date and time will then sync with the GPS satellites above and will have the current date/time

Only hassle is that I have to do these steps EVERYTIME I activate my BV. In addition the last file may be corrupted and not be able to be viewed.

Hope this helps [wave]

Thanks, I been trying this method but without success. I guess the key is to turn off and on immediately, which I did not so far.

Thanks, I been trying this method but without success. I guess the key is to turn off and on immediately, which I did not so far.

You may want to do Step 3 while expecting to wait for a while say at a traffic light junction where you know the waiting time is long.

This is because 40s is a long time to reboot the BV and you will not be able to capture any footage during this period.

You may want to do Step 3 while expecting to wait for a while say at a traffic light junction where you know the waiting time is long.

This is because 40s is a long time to reboot the BV and you will not be able to capture any footage during this period.

Tried it today and it works. Pittasoft should just incorporate the timeset function into the blackvue app so there is no need for plug/unplug/bring to PC to set.

↡ Advertisement