Hyundai Accent can pump Ron 92 fuel?

Pplater

Seeking advice regarding Hyundai Accent 2005 model 1.5m can pump Ron 92 fuel? I've been driving my Accent for 1 month and noticed when I pump Ron 92 the engine warning light come up within 2 days. Thought can save money like my previous Kia Rio run on Ron 92 no problem.

Car came without manual and I have no idea whether the car can use lower grade petrol. Accent owners please advice can we take Ron 92?

↡ Advertisement

Seeking advice regarding Hyundai Accent 2005 model 1.5m can pump Ron 92 fuel? I've been driving my Accent for 1 month and noticed when I pump Ron 92 the engine warning light come up within 2 days. Thought can save money like my previous Kia Rio run on Ron 92 no problem.

Car came without manual and I have no idea whether the car can use lower grade petrol. Accent owners please advice can we take Ron 92?

no need to post 3 separate threads asking the same question la

knn.. no need to open 3 thread la..

if got problem then use 95 lo.. simple.. best use V-Power or Caltex 98.. [rolleyes]

theoretically it can use Ron 92, but better use Ron 95

I used to drive Accent 2005 model 1.5m too, tried Ron 92 few times, felt engine noise increased and there was knocking sound while low rpm, and mileage a bit lower than Ron 95,

engine warning light on may be other problem, not due to fuel grade

Edited by Quantum

Sorry open 3 threads ah... Internet lag... Thanks moderators for closing the other 2. Pai say pai say [sweatdrop]

Seems u guys Accent can take Ron 92.

Mine like siao siao. Pump 92 within 48 hours or 200+km will light up Engine Warning Light.

Dunno is it top overhaul finish make the engine more sensitive to low grade petrol.

Still trying to isolate whether is catalytic converter spoil or I pump SPC Ron 92 cause excessive Carbon Monoxide emission and Engine Warning Light come up..

Used octane booster to boost current tank of petrol and pumping Techron 95/V power etc to isolate problem.

Thanks bros for taking time to reply [drivingcar]

theoretically it can use Ron 92, but better use Ron 95

I used to drive Accent 2005 model 1.5m too, tried Ron 92 few times, felt engine noise increased and there was knocking sound while low rpm, and mileage a bit lower than Ron 95,

I concure with u. Ron 92 gives me about 10 to 15% poorer milege. Ron 95 actually more worth it.

I have no car manual to refer. Dealer didn't get it from previous owner. Stockist Song Yi also dun sell. Really figuring out everything from the dark.

Never expected old model car like Accent also got rich taste buds prefer 95 [confused]

Doing lots of restoration works and preventive maintanance works on car now. Like the drive, so.. I'll say, worth it.

Edited by Pplater

My mechanic thinks its fuel grade. A Jarguar driver friend of mine once commented that SPC 95 not safe to pump. I told him, my motorbike take SPC 92 no problem.

Another mech from another shop OMO also told me SPC petrol dirty.

Now i really lose confidence in SPC petrol for my car. My Fazer600 bike I know safe to pump, no issues.

My mechanic thinks its fuel grade. A Jarguar driver friend of mine once commented that SPC 95 not safe to pump. I told him, my motorbike take SPC 92 no problem.

Another mech from another shop OMO also told me SPC petrol dirty.

Now i really lose confidence in SPC petrol for my car. My Fazer600 bike I know safe to pump, no issues.

but my 2 colleagues said SPC sibeh good leh......... [laugh]

No idea man... Once i used octane booster to bring up the Ron level of the remaining petrol in my tank, and add another half tankful of V power later... Now the engine warning light no longer comes up. Its quite certain it was the octane 92 petrol that lit it up. I suspect increase CO emission levels due to predetonation or incomplete combustion, which explains the poorer FC and slight loss of power.

Dunno if the top overhaul job had anything to do with this, or why the other Accent owners seem to have no problem with octane 92.

I pump octane 92 only one quarter tank, within 2 days or 200km the CEL light come up. 2 times liao. Stop using 92 everything back to normal. [hur]

looks like it's the octane then. Not sure abt yours but My Accent 1.3M gives me better FC as well as mileage per dollar when using 98 as compared to 95. Hence stick to 98 and currently at 15-16 km/l.

I don't see any problem with SPC fuel at least from my personal experience. All along, I am using SPC 95 in both my previous ride Lancer GLX & the current one Honda city. I tried with Shell 95 to spot the difference, but, eventually don't see much difference in fuel consumption nor the engine response, so sticked to SPC from cost perspective. my Honda will give me at least 15 Km \ ltr on spc that is minimum and some times exceeded 18km \ ltr, the car is into its 6th year & manual transmission.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I used to drive 1.5M accent.....there was a time the engine light came out during cornering.....after checking the mechanic found that my engine oil gasket worn off so the engine oil running low.....after replace, no more liao

I never heard engine warning light comes off due to fuel :wacko:

Accent definitely can use ron92.....but i must admit that i was getting lower fc (abt 10-11km/l) compared to ron95 (abt 13km/l)....some more pickup power also got affected

No issue using SPC.....i have been changing from esso to caltex to SPC and i found no difference.....so why change to SPC? bcos of more discount and near my house [sunny]

Edited by Cygnus_007

I don't see any problem with SPC fuel at least from my personal experience. All along, I am using SPC 95 in both my previous ride Lancer GLX & the current one Honda city. I tried with Shell 95 to spot the difference, but, eventually don't see much difference in fuel consumption nor the engine response, so sticked to SPC from cost perspective. my Honda will give me at least 15 Km \ ltr on spc that is minimum and some times exceeded 18km \ ltr, the car is into its 6th year & manual transmission.

for bros who wan to try diff brands of petrol, try pump 3-4 tanks of diff brand dan gauge... if not, totally cant differentiate cos ur previous brand of petrol still in ur tank... juz my 2c...

Yes lower Ron rating got lower power plus FC also affected...

My 2 cents worth...

I tried from V power to 95 on my car ....

↡ Advertisement