Bid for car registration number

BMWX5

Or another way - anyone can share how much you bid for your special car plate ?

e.g. 2 digits

3 digits

AAAA digits

AABB digits

ABAB digits

Maybe we can skip the special of Special number e.g. 88, 888, 8888

• Praise 2

What is the procedure to bid?

Also I'm driving the vehicle under my dad's name due to cheaper premium for insurance but actually is the main driver. Thinking of changing ownership maybe next year as my premium is cheap enough but if I bid now can transfer to my name during the later part? LTA website said not transferable..

What is the procedure to bid?

Also I'm driving the vehicle under my dad's name due to cheaper premium for insurance but actually is the main driver. Thinking of changing ownership maybe next year as my premium is cheap enough but if I bid now can transfer to my name during the later part? LTA website said not transferable..

You transfer the car under your name, and then change the plate. You can only keep a new plate alive for 12 months, after which you need to pay LTA again to keep your number alive if it has not been put on a vehicle. The procedures to bid are on the below website as well.

Below extracts for your ease of reference :p

(http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy_a_new_vehicle/bid_number.html)

Vehicle Registration Number

You can bid for a vehicle registration number and use it to:-

• register a brand new vehicle; or
  • replace the registration number of your existing vehicle.

The registration numbers are valid for 12 months and the validity of the successful bid numbers will commence on the Saturday following the official announcement of the bidding results. If it is not used by the expiry date, it may be reassigned by LTA. However, you may choose to extend the validity period for a further 6 months before the expiry date by applying at LTA, Customer Service Centre, 10 Sin Ming Drive, Level 1, Singapore 575701. (Please proceed to the Reception Counter for assistance). An extension fee of $1,000 and an administrative fee of $20 (before GST) will be payable for each extension.

Edited by Iewoug

If you are looking for fancy and famous numbers, you need to be really high. Others so so (1000+)...

Thailand,

1 Kor Kor 1111

Nissan Almera

USD 770K

http://www.asianewsnet.net/Car-plate-sells-for-record-US$770k-65233.html

Car licence plate number 1 Kor Kor 1111 was yesterday passed to a 19-year-old student, who bid 25 million baht (US$770,000) for it, making it the most expensive number sold at an auction organised by the Department of Land Transport since 2003.

At 25 million baht, the plate has a value 52 times the price of the Nissan Almera to which it is to be attached. A Nissan Almera E CVT costs 480,000 baht.

As the winning bidder, Thanapat Tuntisevekul, a law student at Assumption University, was allowed to create his own design for the licence plate. The graphic design chosen by Thanapat for his 25-million-baht plate is named "Eight Horses on the River of Nine Gems", which is believed to give luck, prosperity and safety to the driver of the car.

The right to this 1 Kor Kor 1111 number is transferable through sale or inheritance. Thanapat said an offer was made to buy it for 33 million baht but he turned it down. He said the price was "inexpensive", as 50 million baht had been prepared by his family for this bid.

Thanapat, also know as James, said his family operated a real-estate business in Chon Buri, and they had obtained a few licence-plate numbers before.

Turbocharged

I notice locally, many nice numbers are on very old and ordinary cars that are going to scrap. some of these plates can cost afew times more than the car.

• Praise 1

I notice locally, many nice numbers are on very old and ordinary cars that are going to scrap. some of these plates can cost afew times more than the car.

Agreed, recently saw one E series car plate on one should be about 9 year old altis. But i believe all these car number still will transfer to another car la, dont think these number will de-registered.

Some of these cars are used to "hold" the kept number.. if not on car the plate can only hold for 1 year with 6 mths extension (I believe you need to pay for extension)

Turbocharged

Some of these cars are used to "hold" the kept number.. if not on car the plate can only hold for 1 year with 6 mths extension (I believe you need to pay for extension)

If need to hold for 1 year without extension need to pay how much?

If need to hold for 1 year without extension need to pay how much?

If I not wrong is $1000.

Retained plate put on new car is only $100; put on Old car is $1300

↡ Advertisement