Bid for car registration number

BMWX5

Now need electronic account to bid ??

What you mean electronic account?

Just go online, use your NRIC to place a bid, eNets to pay up to a certain amount depending on your bid amount.

If you bidding more than eNets can accept then have to pay using cashier order and the order have to reach LTA before bidding period ends.

↡ Advertisement

E nets ?? I understand they change system, no more fill in the paper form. So not sure how is done now...still can fill form n give cashier order ??

Yes you are right. No more paper form.

Now is login to LTA - One Motoring website to do the bidding. Online form to fill up and submit.

• Praise 1

Ask experts here:

1) If you already bid and won the bid for a number from LTA,  if you change your mind about the number,  is it possible to sell it off since it is tied to your nric. 

2) possible to submit 2 bids (6 numbers in total)  in one bidding exercise? 

Thanks! 

Ask experts here:

1) If you already bid and won the bid for a number from LTA, if you change your mind about the number, is it possible to sell it off since it is tied to your nric.

2) possible to submit 2 bids (6 numbers in total) in one bidding exercise?

Thanks!

1) yes, but complicated. Numbers can only move when attached to a car. Potential buyer must transfer car to you, then place the number on, then transfer back

2) yes

• Praise 1

Ask experts here:

1) If you already bid and won the bid for a number from LTA, if you change your mind about the number, is it possible to sell it off since it is tied to your nric.

2) possible to submit 2 bids (6 numbers in total) in one bidding exercise?

Thanks!

Not an expert but I do bid and retain numbers sometimes .

You can always sell it off but not directly . First you need to assign your number to a car , then sell the number together with the car . Usually it's an old car , thus you need to pay another 1,300 when you assign your number to that old car . Brokers usually have those cars that they used to handle these transfers . You have 12 months to decide , after which , it's 1 k more every 6 months .

Yes , you can bid for as many sets of numbers as you like in one exercise .

• Praise 3

I plan to bid the SLM series for my current car , any idea if i get the bid , my original no will be gone rite ? Any other additional costs other than the bid amt ?

1) Yes, your original registration no will be gone

2) To replace this original registration no of your existing vehicle, need to pay $321 with GST

3) If you are buying a new car, register a brand new vehicle - Free, no additional cost

4) If bid unsuccessful, you lost $10.

Good luck for your bidding.

SFK 86 Z 

Asking price is $6.8K  from the number dealer

put in profit margin about 2-3 K

you do your own math.

Do your own homework and best is to have ample time before your car is due for registration to try bidding from the lowest estimate you want to try (esp if you don't have preference for a particular series eg. SLK/SLM/SLN).

For each main bidding exercise, the 1-99 numbers are usually swept clean except for 1 or 2 numbers eg. 67, 64. So if you are thinking of $1001 bid, that is not going to cut it.

If too lazy to do own homework, just pay 2-3K to the dealers for a ready number.

Thinking of bidding 86. Anyone can recommend the range for the bid?

SFK 86 Z

Asking price is $6.8K from the number dealer

put in profit margin about 2-3 K

you do your own math.

Do your own homework and best is to have ample time before your car is due for registration to try bidding from the lowest estimate you want to try (esp if you don't have preference for a particular series eg. SLK/SLM/SLN).

For each main bidding exercise, the 1-99 numbers are usually swept clean except for 1 or 2 numbers eg. 67, 64. So if you are thinking of $1001 bid, that is not going to cut it.

If too lazy to do own homework, just pay 2-3K to the dealers for a ready number.

Thanks.

Is there a site where I can see when the next main bidding exercise or secondary bidding exercise is going to start?

• Praise 1

Thanks.

Is there a site where I can see when the next main bidding exercise or secondary bidding exercise is going to start?

Go onemotoring and read up the faqs where those information is easily available.
  • Praise 2

Current car due to scrap in 2019. Interested in SME series number plate and looking to bid a set for my next car. 

I know can retain the number for 12 months and pay a fee to extend for another 6 months if not place to any car.

My question is, as i currently have a car, will it be compulsory to put it on my current car? or i can just retain the bidded number and use it within 12 months on my next car?

Not compulsory to put on your present car. You can hold as many numbers you want without car provided you pay the retention. 

Current car due to scrap in 2019. Interested in SME series number plate and looking to bid a set for my next car. 

I know can retain the number for 12 months and pay a fee to extend for another 6 months if not place to any car.

My question is, as i currently have a car, will it be compulsory to put it on my current car? or i can just retain the bidded number and use it within 12 months on my next car?

• Praise 1

Not compulsory to put on your present car. You can hold as many numbers you want without car provided you pay the retention. 

Thanks for the advice!

and the retention is not cheap. 

Retain fee for a year cost $1300. Extension of 6 months cost $1000. 

unless really good number and alphabets, no point retain. 

E.g: if you buy a vintage plate (S series or E series), at least it's worth keeping. But for new plates... if I am buyer, I will rather keep the money or bid in the next round unless the alphabets are of significant value or representation. 

I, myself, had bought a E series recently. Before buying, I was contemplating on whether to go for bidding or buy a plate from open market. With my budget, I weigh the differences and decided on vintage plate instead. I believe vintage plate will bring better value (with nice numbers of cos) in future. This is because LTA no longer release S or E series plates. 

Cheers :)

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Depends on individual, some people might think already spend so much on a car, what is $1300?! Lol.

Right. Haha.. $1.3k is small to them.

But to some, paying a high downpayment...maybe budget reach liao

Turbocharged

Depends on individual, some people might think already spend so much on a car, what is $1300?! Lol.

$1300 seem a sum BUT in the past you got NO chance to retain number on old car.. only on NEW CAR..

I had lost "alot" to retain my 1985 plate.. I took ownership in 1996.. all these time put on new car only.

If you ask me $1300 is an option, some flexibility to keep plates. 

I had done a few retention using old "to be scrap" car, so this $1300 option is still worth for me.

For car on loan you need to clear the loan before you can play plates.

↡ Advertisement