Petrol Price Movement in Singapore

Friendstar

Why our pump price still so high?

NEW YORK (AP) -- The oil market has lost its jitters.

Political turmoil and military conflict in certain global hotspots has typically sent oil prices soaring. There's plenty of that now, but oil is near its low for the year.

The price has fallen by $15 per barrel since mid-summer despite escalating violence in Iraq, OPEC's second largest exporter, and multiple rounds of sanctions by Western nations against Russia, the biggest exporter outside of OPEC, over its involvement in Ukraine.

For all the upheaval, though, oil continues to flow from exporting nations, and production in the U.S. and Canada continues to grow. At the same time, demand in China and Europe has slipped.

Oil rose slightly Tuesday to close at $91.56. Before this week, the last time oil was at these levels was January.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Political turmoil and military conflict in certain global hotspots has typically sent oil prices soaring. There's plenty of that now, but oil is near its low for the year.

The price has fallen by $15 per barrel since mid-summer despite escalating violence in Iraq, OPEC's second largest exporter, and multiple rounds of sanctions by Western nations against Russia, the biggest exporter outside of OPEC, over its involvement in Ukraine.

For all the upheaval, though, oil continues to flow from exporting nations, and production in the U.S. and Canada continues to grow. At the same time, demand in China and Europe has slipped.

Oil rose slightly Tuesday to close at $91.56. Before this week, the last time oil was at these levels was January.

http://www.exxonmobil.com.sg/AP-English/energy_fuelpricing.aspx

• Praise 1

Because companies wanna make more money

• Praise 2

Hawker food lor.

Cost of one full tank can feed 40-50 people with everyone getting a packet of $2 nasi lemak.

When I came back from Laos, I always think of the taxi-driver & waiter I met there.

Monthly salary, USD 40.00.

Taxi driver got 3 kids and wife to support.

I spend SGD 6000 in petrol per year = 120 months (10 years) of his salary.

• Praise 2

When I came back from Laos, I always think of the taxi-driver & waiter I met there.

Cannot like that compare. Nothing is fair and no point comparing countries. You want Singapore to have living standard in Laos meh?

Should I feel sorry that my staff is another country take 1 year to earn my 1 month salary in Singapore? No right? Cos he could survive on usd 200 a mth in his country ma.

• Praise 1

LoL..dan if a billionare look at what you earn you will look like that Laotian dude.

• Praise 8

Yup life's unfair.

Laotian a bit far to help.

So the best one can do with $$$ is donate to education for next generation.

Like we are considered beneficiary from donors to our schools who have donated in the past....many are pioneer of sg.

• Praise 2

why you use petrol to compare [confused]

say if your monthly income is S$6K, you work 1 month here is equivalent to 10 years of his salary - [scholar]

• Praise 2

Supercharged

we can help those people from living poverty by building school when we have spare money and more time after retired.

Actually even if the price of petrol goes up, we can only feel the pain but our rides still need a good drink of "premium" .

The cost of owning a "luxury" item..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1