C.E.V.S. rebates.

ER-3682

Hi Forumers,i just got my Mazda 6,this car have a green car rebate of $5000...but don't get happy,i got my log card,the $5000 is deducted from my scrap value at the 10th year,my car got an O.M.V. $27,500,if no rebate,my scrap value is 55% of O.M.V., which is $15125,now my scrap value is $10125,that means the $5000 is actually my own $$$,i only paid $5000 less up front,so this type of C.E.V.S. is like L.P.P.L.,you guys understand.?Let's says if you car's O.M.V. is about $25,000,your green rebates are $15,000,[for example VW Golf]that means on the 10th year you got nothing back from the G'ovt....real s--t.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Forumers,i just got my Mazda 6,this car have a green car rebate of $5000...but don't get happy,i got my log card,the $5000 is deducted from my scrap value at the 10th year,my car got an O.M.V. $27,500,if no rebate,my scrap value is 55% of O.M.V., which is $15125,now my scrap value is $10125,that means the $5000 is actually my own $$$,i only paid $5000 less up front,so this type of C.E.V.S. is like L.P.P.L.,you guys understand.?Let's says if you car's O.M.V. is about $25,000,your green rebates are $15,000,[for example VW Golf]that means on the 10th year you got nothing back from the G'ovt....real s--t.

Bro when u sign on the dot line they discount 5k from the list price huh?

your parf is 10k only, really sad [bigcry]

Like that next time must squeeze more discount from dealer.

Thanks bro for sharing info.

Btw how is the ride?

Thanks for sharing. I was skeptical over this, knowing the govt well, I was wondering where this deduction would be taken from. Guess there is no free lunch after all. <_<

Bro when u sign on the dot line they discount 5k from the list price huh?

your parf is 10k only, really sad [bigcry]

Like that next time must squeeze more discount from dealer.

Thanks bro for sharing info.

Btw how is the ride?

Car Very Nice....

you paid less for the car, and save interest. you call this LPPL? the savings over 10 yrs easily 6-7k incl interest

You from P.A.P. or L.T.A..???

i wonder if this means that cars that kena the surcharge (non-environment frenly) from 1st July will get back the surcharge when dereg?

if not, then double standard...

full table here

For a car purchased after March 2008, and assuming it is scrapped on the 10th year:-

ARF = 100% x OMV, and PARF = 50% x ARF

Lets assume the OMV of the new car is $25,000.

Scenario 1: No CEVS rebate:-

ARF = $25,000, and

PARF = 50% x ARF = 50% x $25,000 = $12,500.

Scenario 2: CEVS rebate of $5,000

Since, the CEVS rebate can only be used to offset the ARF:-

ARF = $25,000 - $5,000 = $20,000, and

PARF = 50% x ARF = 50% x $20,000 = $10,000.

The real rebate is thus $2,500. And the PARF lost is $2,500.

For any car of any OMV, and a CEVS rebate of c, the real rebate is $0.5c, and the PARF lost is also $0.5c

In reality, therefore, the actual saving is only 50% of the value of the rebate, on the assumption that the car is scrapped on the 10th year.

For a car purchased after March 2008, and assuming it is scrapped on the 10th year:-

ARF = 100% x OMV, and PARF = 50% x ARF

Lets assume the OMV of the new car is $25,000.

Scenario 1: No CEVS rebate:-

ARF = $25,000, and

PARF = 50% x ARF = 50% x $25,000 = $12,500.

Scenario 2: CEVS rebate of $5,000

Since, the CEVS rebate can only be used to offset the ARF:-

ARF = $25,000 - $5,000 = $20,000, and

PARF = 50% x ARF = 50% x $20,000 = $10,000.

The real rebate is thus $2,500. And the PARF lost is $2,500.

For any car of any OMV, and a CEVS rebate of c, the real rebate is $0.5c, and the PARF lost is also $0.5c

In reality, therefore, the actual saving is only 50% of the value of the rebate, on the assumption that the car is scrapped on the 10th year.

Yup, agree with u...

Did went to a few showroom today, those SE had to me the similiar method as abv.

And for they penatly wise, it will kicks in from 1st July.

Edited by Rezorn86

This have been shared and discuss for sometime already. You pay lesser you get back lesser. What matters most is are the rebate passed to onwers or as profit for dealers we will never know.

you paid less for the car, and save interest. you call this LPPL? the savings over 10 yrs easily 6-7k incl interest

That means it only benefit those who pay cash and does not take loan. [thumbsup]

Hmmm.... I wonder who are those people in this segment.

That means it only benefit those who pay cash and does not take loan. [thumbsup]

Hmmm.... I wonder who are those people in this segment.

definitely there is a trade-off somewhere...i dun think we can ever expect freebies from the authority...

Welcome to my Taobao shop !

Daily update: (>﹏<) → http://gg.gg/11qu

Discover amazing stuff, collect the things you love, buy it all in one place.

The website wholesale for many kinds of

http://gg.gg/11qu → fashion shoes, like the nike,jordan,prada,****, also including the jeans,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations. All the products are

free shipping, and the the price is

competitive, and also can accept the paypal payment.,after the payment, can ship within short time.

free shipping

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

jordan shoes $32

nike shox $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Smful short_t-shirt_woman $15

ed hardy short_tank_woman $16

Sandal $32

christian louboutin $80

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

puma slipper woman $30

http://gg.gg/11qu

Lanjiao lan....f--k off la.

The more you advertise in this manner, the more turn off the viewers are. If you want people to patronize your sweat-shop developed items, please do it properly and don't flood the chat channels or forum posts.......you got business brain or not.

And please get a f--king proper email and website address la....

↡ Advertisement