When to change battery

Dumb

By the time the cabin lights are dim,car already cannot start.!

My current car, and previous car still can start..

↡ Advertisement

I always drive till my battery flat and then call AA to change. The last time I changed was 4 Mar 2010 when mileage was 116k. Had a 45ah battery for $133. Now mileage 205k and last servicing at 200k TCM said my battery ok. But I got a $10 battery voucher from AA that would expire end Jun. Should I change or wait till it is flat? Till now, there is still no sign that the battery would up lorry. How long more will it go?

As usual I would wait till it is flat. But recently, I have been frequenting JB at least once a month and I am concerned that I might be caught with a flat battery with no help from AA and I cant use the voucher.

Just use till u hv problem starting or u see yr speedo lights dim when u on turn signal. Thats a sign yr battery getting weak.

Or if u kia su....just get a battery stand-by in yr boot. When cannot start...put in new battery n go. [:)]

Last servicing on 21 Jan at 201k mileage. AD tested battery as ok. They also said they will do a "cold start" and confirmed ok. But I have been waiting for my battery to die since it reached 2 years and now 3 years still dont die.

U better chk yr battery. See if got printed on bottom "IMMORTAL ". [laugh]

size matters for jump start cable.not one size fit all type.get the thicker inner core.

Ya thicker copper wire better. Easier to start cos current flows better.

One time i see guy try but cannot jumpstart wh his cables. I bring mine n try one crank it start.

I chk his cable copper wire quite thin type. [blush]

sure or not? the gs yuasa battery on my toyota axio is already 5 years(came original with my car) and still haven change yet. It's still going strong, no slow cranking whatsoever, starts right up every morning. needs a bit of maintenance though, topping up with battery water.

Those u need to top-up regularly wh battery water usually last longer but troublesome.

I prefer maintenance free type. No need to chk. Even tires now i pump nitrogen. Only top-up every 3-4 months. Last time air i need to top-up every week.

Now i waiting fr maintenance-free petrol tank. Only need to top-up once every few years. So far anybody got this lobang yet? [:p]

That is indeed long and surprising. What is your mileage?

Wait awhile. Soon u see someone post his battery last 8 years. Hahaha. [laugh]

(edited)

I used on mine to jump start and have helped others jump start before. [;)]

On cover it says 12V so maybe not suitable for 24V vehicles.

Non-maintenace free batts last longer. But troublesome to keep topping up... last time I top up until overflow then my battery mount corroded, lol.

12 & 24volts can use same cable. More important is e amps it can handle.

But to just start quickly usually ok. Just dun crank too long till u see smoke coming fm e cables.

What overflow. Yr battery or you? Hahaha. [laugh]

Edited by Pisces69

When AA came to jump start my car, I showed him the cable that I bought from NTUC. One look and he told me to throw away the cable as it won't help to jump the car.

On another ocassion, I had a flat battery and called my colleagues. They came with those electrical black and red cable. Fixed it to my car battery and theirs with their car engine running. After a few minutes, they told me to start me car. It works!!! Unbelievable!!! That was in the third world country.

Sometimes things that work in third-world countries wont work in first-world like SG.

Here u need to pay more fr e same result. [blush]

I tot if you are AA member here, you can activate AA in Malaysia to assist you if need help in JB?

Anyway, if you frequent Malaysia often, its better you change your old battery.

Besides its already coming to 3 years old, meaning you have fully get your money worth's of the current battery, so can change liao.....

True AA msia wil help....but u got to pay. Hahaha [laugh]

Ok get yr car serviced n checked. Dun forget a good battery cos we going Kenyir Lake very soon. Also chk yr spare tire hor.

Battery voltage is not the only criteria. You need adequate amp-hour (AH) to start a vehicle. The battery shop uses this to check car batteries. I'm sure you can buy an AH meter but probably not worth paying for it.

I think u mean e CCA (cold cranking amperage ). This is e power u need to start a cold engine.

Whenever i buy battery..... I look fr one wh e highest CCA possible.

If cabin light seems very dim, or headlight looks very dim, and also crank start is not immediately, its almost anytime car batt is dying. That's my personal experience.

And when yr central locking unlocks by itself n alarm sounds..........then its already.....too blardy late u cheapskate. Hahaha [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

hi

i suffering with battery problem. my battery get charge but it get discharge soon .what should i do for this.give me suggestion

--------

java tutorials

c tutorials

c++ tutorials

c++ notes

download e-book

programming tutorials

campus info

live chat

article

learn c programming

Yr battery cannot hold a charge anymore. Time to change.

Some might desulphate e battery plates but here we very rich so just get a new battery.

Neutral Newbie

Those u need to top-up regularly wh battery water usually last longer but troublesome.

I prefer maintenance free type. No need to chk. Even tires now i pump nitrogen. Only top-up every 3-4 months. Last time air i need to top-up every week.

Now i waiting fr maintenance-free petrol tank. Only need to top-up once every few years. So far anybody got this lobang yet? [:p]

U can try that with a hybrid car?

U can try that with a hybrid car?

I wun get a hybrid cos still many bugs not worked out n price too high here.

↡ Advertisement