Proton Exora#2

SGXora

Best to go back TTS. Our rear wiper is unique, there is an arm connecting it. Unlike other rear wipers w/o an arm, u can't purchase one off the shelf.

Best to go back TTS. Our rear wiper is unique, there is an arm connecting it. Unlike other rear wipers w/o an arm, u can't purchase one off the shelf.

Thanks... Dats the problem - the arm came off while wiping the rear windows. Thing is I dun like to go to TTS here... Any other workshops here or on JB? [:)]

came off? u mean the wiper dropped and hanged mid way at the boot, below the rear windscreen? if that is the case, just tighten the nut of the rear wiper.

Dear Exorians

Anybody knows where to get the windscreen wiper for the rear window?

Thanks

The rear wiper assy consist of 2 parts. The wiper blade and the wiper arm. Which items do you need?

The rear wiper assy consist of 2 parts. The wiper blade and the wiper arm. Which items do you need?

It's the blade that fall off... Have not try to reattach it cause in a rush.. Thought maybe change the whole thing would be good

It's the blade that fall off... Have not try to reattach it cause in a rush.. Thought maybe change the whole thing would be good

Last time I changed only the Rubber portion using the Bosch Wipers at one of the JB Workshop (if I'm not wrong TT Sports).

Cost me RM25 including fitting as it is not easy....

For those who are interested in the Chrome beading for the Windows... (to be sticked over the Glass Rubber beading)

I saw the Chrome beading for sale in the Old Brothers outlet in Jln Permas...

Actual price RM68 and now they are selling for RM38.

Just for Sharing only.

Was following one of the Apps review in Android called 'Torque' which allows you to directly monitor your car engine control unit (ECU).

Need to have a OBD2 Adaptor to connect.

Was bit curious about this and explored further.

Understood that the CFE model is having OBDII connector (just below the Steering, straight above the Brake Pedal).

So ordered one OBDII adaptor called ELM327 which connects to your phone/Tablet via Bluetooth.

It can read very interesting informations from the ECU so you don't need to install those Physical meters anymore.....

Sharing some of the Pictures for info...

OBD2 Adaptor ELM327 connected to the connector.

post-87104-1363059237_thumb.jpg

The Main page of the Torque.

post-87104-1363059253_thumb.jpg

Few of the readings

(Pls note that I was driving slowly, as I need to use one hand to capture the Screenshots from my Samsung3 phone, the readings captured are at slow speed).

post-87104-1363059682_thumb.jpg

post-87104-1363059718_thumb.jpg

post-87104-1363059763_thumb.jpg

You can add many more meters to Display (eg. Volts, Full Trip KM, Full Trip time, Moving Time, Stopping time... and many more...)

Edited by Mandrew

camping here..been reading you guys posts..

High chance will be buying an exora after my mz5 coe expires in less than 3 years..

1 ting attract me is the availability of parts & accessories in msia & of coz the price.. :wub:

• Praise 1

Took my ride to TTS y'day as they told me that the Jerking problem (which I had from day one) will be solved by Updating the ECU Software.

They already pre-arranged the appt with the Proton Technician and after checking he informed that my Software is the latest ??? and then just done a reset to the ECU. I informed that this is what they done during the 1k service also when I complained the same...

Then saying that they are unable to diognise due to the Alarm System I installed :o

Need to try out in JB Proton (under Warranty).

And if they also follow the same... need to take out the Alarm System and bring back to TTS to do it under Warranty (as this one is already in record from day 1).

Anyway since no wires were cut during Alarm installation, it is possible to uninstall.....

This Jerking issue I had since day one.

As I took the vehicle on a Saturday, went back to TTS on the following Monday but the asked me to drive until 1k service so that can do togther with any other minor problems (if any). Since the Jerk was very minor and intermittent I also was fine with that arrangement.

During 1k Service they just reset the ECU and informed the problem is solved.

But it appeared again and since they informed that I have to leave the Car for 2 days, upon mutual understanding drive until 10k service.

And inbetween done Alterations :D

Lot of learning Points here [rolleyes]

For Sharing only.

Since I got some time during the Weekend carried out the Soundproofing for the Roof also.

Had to remove all the Side pillar top covers, the back row side Covers (top & Bottom), inorder to take out the Top.

Found that the CFE already comes with the normal Sound insulation (using the thick fiber Mat type) on the roof. But covering only a small area. There are few small sheets pasted from Front until the 2nd row. But 3rd row completely ignored as the Aircon piping is occupying the space.

This sheet cannot surpress the vibration effectively, and that's the main reason the rain sound is so heavy inside.

post-87104-1363593744_thumb.jpg

So I decided to add the normal lightweight Deadening mats on to the visiable areas of roof (don't wan't to disturb the Aircon setup).

Much time was taken as I had to slowly take out the Fibre insulation one by one. So after that pasted the Deadening mats covering all the possible areas and over that pasted back the Fibre Insulation as original.

Took that opportunity to paste SP material on Top of the Rear Wheels also....

Yesterday went out in the rain to feel the difference.

Wow... until the 2nd row end it's quite solid. And you could very much feel the difference in the 3rd row.

Total added 5 to 6 Sheets around 4 kg.

This time don't want to end up taking MC :D so uninstalled one day and next day morning continued with Sound Proofing and Fixing back...

Turbocharged

camping here..been reading you guys posts..

High chance will be buying an exora after my mz5 coe expires in less than 3 years..

1 ting attract me is the availability of parts & accessories in msia & of coz the price.. :wub:

good choice! u getting the new one i suppose. mayb by then, prices would hv dropped.

• Praise 1

Yes Bro - I am considering too as have another 3 years to 10 years. But wonder how is the quality now as I drove a wira years back. Problem start to surface after 1.5 years of ownership from new.

• Praise 1

Price of cfe drop to $105,900 Liao, wondering is it right time to trade in my avante for a exora... Opinions pls... Anyone went to showroom to ask? They got good loan package?

↡ Advertisement