Australia: Car Rental in Melbourne

Tjkbeluga

Will be going to Melbourne for a week with my family this coming school holiday.... Any good lobang on which car rental to rent a car at Tullamarine airport?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

I only rented a car once in Melbourne. By and large if you stick to the city you don't really need to drive.

BTW, there is an extra charge for rental pick up from the airport. If you can 'dong' then I suggest you rent from one of the outlets slightly outside of town (most are quite accessible via train or tram), then arrange for drop off at airport before departure.

Edited by Benarsenal

I suggest you catch the Skybus from the airport to the city and then if you need a car, go rent it from the usual rentals near Queen Victoria Market. They are on Elizabeth Street within 3 mins walk of Queen Vic Market.

I usually stick to the international brand that has branches at airport, flexible.

I didn't rent a car in Melbourne cos mostly in city and join day tour.

I see... Thanks....

We'll be staying at friend's place, which is near to the airport... So we won't be going into the city. Plan is still sketchy actually....

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Before you go, you can go to http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au/ and check out the rate. The website will compare all the car rental company in melbourne. From the site you can select the place to pickup and return(airport one of them) and all the cost will be factor in. The good thing is you can always book and cancel at no additional cost.

The car rental counters are located at the right when you arrive at international airport. All of them are there don't worry.....

Edited by Techaview

Turbocharged

Get their Ford Falcon XR6..!!! the 4lit V6 with RWD configuration is very very sweet to drive.. not to mention you can never drive such a car in Singapore!!

I rented from Hertz, around AUD50/day.. quite reasonable.. :D

Before you go, you can go to http://www.vroomvroomvroom.com.au/ and check out the rate. The website will compare all the car rental company in melbourne. From the site you can select the place to pickup and return(airport one of them) and all the cost will be factor in. The good thing is you can always book and cancel at no additional cost.

The car rental counters are located at the right when you arrive at international airport. All of them are there don't worry.....

Yup, that's the site I usually go to book a rental car [:p]

Turbocharged

I usually stick to the international brand that has branches at airport, flexible.

I didn't rent a car in Melbourne cos mostly in city and join day tour.

Got eat cheong fun and lau sai there? :D

Got eat cheong fun and lau sai there? :D

of course must eat their ccf there, you know most of the best HK chef live in Melbourne, anytime better than Singapore :D

Thanks guys....

After checking around, the price is just about the same, with the one from airport about AUD30~40 more (as expected). Only difference is availability of car models. I'll be most likely choosing a camry for comfort and fuel ecomony....

Price is about AUD330

Turbocharged

Thanks guys....

After checking around, the price is just about the same, with the one from airport about AUD30~40 more (as expected). Only difference is availability of car models. I'll be most likely choosing a camry for comfort and fuel ecomony....

Price is about AUD330

Bro, you should really go for the local ford falcon.. the driving experience is totally different.. when I drove the falcon there, my fc averages out to be around 9km/lit..

psst Camry in Aus is a larger engine and totally not economical

I know what you mean... I was just compariNg car of the same class but I could be very wrong as bro shull pointed out..

Bro, you should really go for the local ford falcon.. the driving experience is totally different.. when I drove the falcon there, my fc averages out to be around 9km/lit..

Thks for he strong recommendation..... If Im not mistaken, its about 30 aud more only...

(edited)

of course must eat their ccf there, you know most of the best HK chef live in Melbourne, anytime better than Singapore :D

how bout the ccb there.... err, actualy i prefer just cb.... [laugh]

Gimme Anna Torv anytime!

Edited by Tjkbeluga
↡ Advertisement