More fines & penalties to improve road safety!

Kaixing

Neutral Newbie

Motorists who speed, beat the red light or drive carelessly within enhanced school zones will be slapped with a demerit point under enhanced road safety measures rolled out by the Ministry of Home Affairs. These zones have red textured surfaces on the road and special road markings and signs to remind motorists to slow down and look out for schoolchildren.

The additional demerit point will cause a new driver who is on probation to have his licence revoked if he is caught, said Second Minister for Home Affairs S Iswaran during the Committee of Supply debate yesterday. Several Members of Parliament (MPs), such as Dr Janil Puthucheary and Mr Gan Thiam Poh, had earlier raised concerns over the increase in traffic violations, even though the number of fatal accidents decreased last year. There is also a trend of worsening road habits and behaviours, MP Christopher de Souza noted.

Following a

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

They should really deploy more TP on the road. Most of my friends from other countries when they visit SG, they said seldom see TP on the road, and asked: Singapore very safe right..? Ahem.. when I see TP they are usually carrying a camera or a speed detector on the road side. I mean there should be more police car patrolling the road everyday. See how the driver behave when they see a police car.. All the driving theory suddenly can remember.

Supercharged

They should really deploy more TP on the road. Most of my friends from other countries when they visit SG, they said seldom see TP on the road, and asked: Singapore very safe right..? Ahem.. when I see TP they are usually carrying a camera or a speed detector on the road side. I mean there should be more police car patrolling the road everyday. See how the driver behave when they see a police car.. All the driving theory suddenly can remember.

they are mostly interested in nabbing speeding offences and yet most of such "speeding" are nabbed on roads whre they have imposed an artificially slow speed limit. [laugh]

they are mostly interested in nabbing speeding offences and yet most of such "speeding" are nabbed on roads whre they have imposed an artificially slow speed limit. [laugh]

That's called "Market Creation" in the commercial world. [:p]

↡ Advertisement