Hairline crack on windscreen

Kingkong

Need to find out if there's a hairline crack on the windscreen, will it affect result of car inspection?

Anyone experienced this before?

↡ Advertisement

Need to find out if there's a hairline crack on the windscreen, will it affect result of car inspection?

front windscrren? be careful and check regularly, the crack line will extend till you need to replace the windscreen.

can't claim insurance?

Y need to claim insurance when it's Juz $100 to replace it?

Don't insurance comes with one windscreen replacement per year?

Wow $100 windscreen. Hope you get the facts right. Is it not the excess paid to insurance to get the windscreen replaced?

Stick Scott tape over the crack to prevent the crack from spreading.

I keep hearing people saying that, but have anyone actually tried that this really works?

Wow $100 windscreen. Hope you get the facts right. Is it not the excess paid to insurance to get the windscreen replaced?

His facts is right.. It is $100, GST not included.. Insurance not affected in any way, but still must write a short report.. Waiting time approx 2-3hrs depending on the crowd

if very obvious and spotted by the inspector, most likely he will ask you to change.

Any idea if the inspector will fail the inspection?

His facts is right.. It is $100, GST not included.. Insurance not affected in any way, but still must write a short report.. Waiting time approx 2-3hrs depending on the crowd

Technically his facts are incorrect.. U are still claiming for the windscreen, $100 is only the excess you are paying.. U are right about the insurance issue.. It's not gonna get affected, but u can only claim once per valid year of your insurance term.. Anyway, it's gonna cost more since the solar film is not included..

I claimed twice but heng under different years.. But still, I changed my front windscreen + solar film twice liao..

Hairline crack will slowly get longer, so OP, best is u get it changed quickly..

Edited by Metalsubzero

Any idea if the inspector will fail the inspection?

Why take the risk?

I don't think this is under the checklist, but why give the inspector a chance to fail the inspection?

He'll most prob see it if it's obvious as he'll be driving the vehicle..

Turbocharged

insurance will be affected for some companies. I lodged a claim in year 2009 and year 2010. The subsequent renewal they asked me to pay additional for the windscreen coverage.

insurance will be affected for some companies. I lodged a claim in year 2009 and year 2010. The subsequent renewal they asked me to pay additional for the windscreen coverage.

Mind to share which insurance company?

Technically his facts are incorrect.. U are still claiming for the windscreen, $100 is only the excess you are paying.. U are right about the insurance issue.. It's not gonna get affected, but u can only claim once per valid year of your insurance term.. Anyway, it's gonna cost more since the solar film is not included..

I claimed twice but heng under different years.. But still, I changed my front windscreen + solar film twice liao..

Hairline crack will slowly get longer, so OP, best is u get it changed quickly..

Yeah.. I just changed my front windscreen quite recently too.. The crack will definitely "grow" longer lol

I wud think u cant pass cos its a safety issue. Drive fast n e windscreen might shatter.

Replace under some ins co is free n dun affect ncd n if u wan to reinstate e windscreen cover u need to pay abt $100.