Remember to give way to Ambulance

Phluvcat

Last time in Aus.. The cars even mount kerb to let the ambulance pass.

Jam or not.. they blue civic should make and attempt to signal left.

Sometimes.. to be frank those in 2nd lane also one kind,many a times i try to signal left to let ambulance pass.. the lane 2 cars refuse to give way!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Giving way to ambulances should be an instinctive thing for all of us. I am forever grateful for the SCDF ambulance crew who arrived at my place within 5-10 mins of our 995 call many years ago.

Yeah, you hit it...instinctive.

I am pretty sure, the most f-up, blurrest or c0ck driver would have at least try to siam.

This Airwave driver really takes the cake. And eat the box that came with it.

Lane 2 was pretty crowded too, maybe that blue Airwave had difficulty in switching over?

Infront of the blue airwave in lane 1 was very packed too, ambulance was caught in heavy traffic hours simply. Don't just judged the blue airwave just like that.

PS: I am not that driver or relative/friend of the blue airwave :)

it does not matter who you relate to. the point is to get the car in front to give way. inch forward and getting the prher car in front to give way too. I suggest you go back to class room again. your thought is selfish here. period

it does not matter who you relate to. the point is to get the car in front to give way. inch forward and getting the prher car in front to give way too. I suggest you go back to class room again. your thought is selfish here. period

actually, from what i have noticed so far, if u are signalling to filter out of lane 1 when there is an ambulance, people will give way

Motorists who fail to give way to emergency vehicles may be fined up to $160 and will be given four demerit points.

If convicted in court, they can be fined up to $1,000 or jailed for up to three months.

For a subsequent offence, the penalty is a fine of up to $2,000 or a jail term of up to six months.

$160 only...? Littering fine $500 leh.

some time on jam road u can see ppl dont give way...

either no space in front and side ... or they think that it is jam anyway.. so why give way...

i hope that driver in front of the ambulance do try to give way even if the lane is pack...

those drivers on the next lane.. on seeing the ambulance... slow down a bit to give space for the driver to filter out of the lane....

also for those private ambulance.... pls also take care when using siren... if u just rushing to buy kopi, no point turn on the blinker and siren...

Lane 2 was pretty crowded too, maybe that blue Airwave had difficulty in switching over?

Infront of the blue airwave in lane 1 was very packed too, ambulance was caught in heavy traffic hours simply. Don't just judged the blue airwave just like that.

The matter of fact is, the blue Honda got no intention to filter to the left and give way to the ambulance. Obviously there was a chance for him/her to switch lane but the driver just simply ignore it. :angry:

What is the car plate again?? [rifle]

malaysia ambulance has loud-hailers mounted on top. Seen the ambulance crew shouting through it when vehicles in front refuse to give way, and it always works! maybe singapore ambulance should have loud-hailers too

Trust me, if an ambulance is directly behind you, you signal left, most will give way to you, unless it's another idiot like that airwave guy.

Don't be surprise if some drivers don't know they have to give way to ambulance in an emergency.

Don't know? Wait till they are the one lying in the ambiance. They will know.

Turbocharged

This is one of the worse acts to be committed on the roads.

Note: Video is taken off Youtube. Further description from the video poster appended:

Published on Mar 15, 2013

14 Mar 2013 - This blue Honda Airwave simply refused to give way to an ambulance, despite the persistent sirens, lights and high beams. The ambulance had to force its way through on the left eventually.

LOL... must be some rubberstamp driving lah [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement