Remember to give way to Ambulance

Phluvcat

Lane 2 was pretty crowded too, maybe that blue Airwave had difficulty in switching over?

Infront of the blue airwave in lane 1 was very packed too, ambulance was caught in heavy traffic hours simply. Don't just judged the blue airwave just like that.

PS: I am not that driver or relative/friend of the blue airwave :)

Jam or not...just move outta the way. Even if its in a jam.

If you use AYE towards City in the morning...its pretty common to see ambulance with their siren blaring...heavy traffic jam still pple give way to the ambulance.

Many years ago while on a biz trip to US, I saw the most amazing thing...

Peak morning traffic on the hway...and when the ambulance came...the cars just move to the sides so that the ambulance can travel between lanes and go thru. (ie the left car move a bit to the left...the right car abit to the right creating a "lane" enuff for the ambulance to drive thru.)

From the video...can't see the Airwave signal left to attempt to get outta the way...because jam does not mean he dun give way.

later i ask radx jam brake with his hearse in front of you, want anot.

:D

He gotta propose me a package first, just in case....... [sweatdrop][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

For those who have sit inside the ambulance with their love ones who need to rush to the hospital before regardless of public or private will definitely be damn pissed with this type of driver.

I ask all of you to give way to ambulance when their lights and siren is on. If not you may be the next one cursing when you are inside the ambulance.

By all means GIVE WAY PLEASE

I always give way to ambulances....but once many years back:

- Non-SCDF Ambulance(can't remember it's civic or from some homecare), with lights and siren, speeding away with many cars giving way. (I was behind him)

- Turns into the carpark along AMK Street 61 and the temporary hawker centre are block 633.

- Parked Ambulance, off sirens and lights.

- Driver and passenger (colleague), walks into hawker centre and makan.

I hope the driver is not Mr J*****t Singh.

Anyway I treat it as an isolated case and still give way to emergency vehicles..

i give way to ambulance also

SCDF has my utmost confidence.

BUT

i do have my doubts on the private ones; ESPECIALLY when they are heading thedirection away from the hospital

i give way to ambulance also

SCDF has my utmost confidence.

BUT

i do have my doubts on the private ones; ESPECIALLY when they are heading thedirection away from the hospital

heading away from a hospital's general location could means that it is heading to pick up the patient mah.

when a life is at stake, let's give these private ambulances the benefit of doubt.

Edited by Toothiewabbit

saw this on Facebook Real Singapore

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=541809459197559

The Real Singapore

Mr Lee Khoon Bok, 55 suffered heart failure when he took part in the 5km Passion run. He was rushed to Hospital by a private ambulance operator.

Family members said that although the ambulance turned on its sirens, some motorists still refused to give way (Similar to the blue Honda in the video as you can see). In the end, the ambulance reached the hospital half an hour later where Mr lee died after that without regaining consciousness.

Though the Ambulance company declined to comment on what happened enroute to the hospital, Mr Lee's family members said that the ambulance was stuck as there were cars not giving way on the road.

This video clip was recorded by a TRS reader and submitted to us last night. It shows how inconsiderate some car drivers can be on the road. The inconsiderate behaviour of drivers like the person in the blue Honda has indirectly lead to the death of another human being.

Whether public or private, when siren is on means serious tai ji already. No s--t one.

Responsible ambulance drivers don't turn on siren for no rhyme or reason one.

saw this on Facebook Real Singapore

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=541809459197559

The Real Singapore

Mr Lee Khoon Bok, 55 suffered heart failure when he took part in the 5km Passion run. He was rushed to Hospital by a private ambulance operator.

Family members said that although the ambulance turned on its sirens, some motorists still refused to give way (Similar to the blue Honda in the video as you can see). In the end, the ambulance reached the hospital half an hour later where Mr lee died after that without regaining consciousness.

Though the Ambulance company declined to comment on what happened enroute to the hospital, Mr Lee's family members said that the ambulance was stuck as there were cars not giving way on the road.

This video clip was recorded by a TRS reader and submitted to us last night. It shows how inconsiderate some car drivers can be on the road. The inconsiderate behaviour of drivers like the person in the blue Honda has indirectly lead to the death of another human being.

This is cb shiit I was referring to :angry:

This is a 2011 news

See the picture I post earlier

Seat in a private ambulance before, from KTPH to AH, Non emergency case, The driver just drives normally and follows all traffic rules, Never on siren and blinkers.

So i think most private ambulance do follow rules, so when an ambulance (regardless private or SCDF) on blinker or siren, just move out of the way. cos most likely its an emergency. It just take abt 10 - 30 sec of your time to lane change, so don't be a Suxker.

Was actually hoping the ambulance could be a bit faster while I was in it, lol. [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

This is cb shiit I was referring to :angry:

This is a 2011 news

See the picture I post earlier

We can only get angry but what can be done? If one frequent msia, they will know how considerate those msian are and they don't claim themselves as first world. <_<

I didn't mount kerb but I filtered to the second lane.. but same thing. Cars there refused to let me. Damn it couldn't they see I was trying to let the ambulance pass?

What I did was to squeeze as much as possible to that lane so that the ambulance can squeeze thru between me and the wall.

Imo driving culture here is still very much third world.

Lots of drivers are too self centered <_<

just witnessed another case yesterday morning at queensway shopping centre. a SCDF ambulance was just activated from the fire station. there was co-incidentally a honda driver in front of me. the car on the left let me filter in, while the car in front of the honda also filtered in. the ambulance was right behind the honda but he continued all way in front of the ambulance despite the flashing lights and horns.

i was heading towards depot rd and henderson road and encountered a few traffic stops. the ambulance was actually heading the same direction as me cos he eventually caught up wif me. i thought back and estimated that the ambulance would have saved maybe 5 min if that driver had given way, as the ambulance could have pass those traffic lights at green. that 5 min could be diff between life and death.

↡ Advertisement