Anyone Driving an Alphard/Vellfire?

Rs_mini

Twincharged

Sibei no pwr. 1st gen Estima 2.4L. 5 girls + 2 guys + Luggage. No matter how we step on the throttle, it will not go beyond 40km/h.

I drove Alphard 3.5L in MY. There is enough torque that not much throttle input is required even when there are 7 adults in it.

I think maybe your gearbox was spoilt. Drove an Estima on the NSHW with 4 adults and 3 kids plus luggage and still can cruise at 110-120km/h easily.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

should not be lah,

if in this case, your gearbox got problem,

BTW, I tested new Honda Ody, quite responsive power output [thumbsup]

Forget to write that we were driving on a stretch with slope that is about 20 deg.

Nowadays, both ody & estima is on CVT. It might be better.

In my opinion, with both vehicles weight around 1.7 ton, it is not ideal to drive with 2.4L. Move of course, can move. How to overtake slow moving vehicles?

Edited by Davidtch

Forget to write that we were driving on a stretch with slope that is about 20 deg.

In my opinion, with both vehicles weight around 1.7 ton, it is not ideal to drive with 2.4L. Move of course, can move. How to overtake slow moving vehicles?

orrhh... ok lah, if you say got upslope...

I remember a fren who drove his bro's bm 316 many years back. He was at suntec going up sheares bridge towards ECP. He said saw this car in front so slow going up sheares bridge, so decided to cut out to right lane to overtake. Then after going out, stepped on gas, and because it's on the upslope, and his original speed was slow (so no momentum), however he stepped also cannot pick up speed to overtake - si bey malu...

myself i had sat in a new Mit Space Wagon on a trip to Awana (foot of Genting) before. It was colleague's car, not even run-in yet and he didn't know how to use the triptonic gear, so only used auto. Going up the hill towards Awana, however hard he rev'ed, was slow as turtle, and other small m'sia cars (including those kancil equivalents) overtook him leh...

agree, as such big MPV, 3.5L should be comfortable level for full loading, but Singapore road tax system and fuel price are not friendly for big engine vehicle,

unless apply TC, but car price going up too

agree, as such big MPV, 3.5L should be comfortable level for full loading, but Singapore road tax system and fuel price are not friendly for big engine vehicle,

unless apply TC, but car price going up too

If road tax & fuel price is the concern, Alphard/Vellfire/Estima got hybrid version.

Turbocharged

If road tax & fuel price is the concern, Alphard/Vellfire/Estima got hybrid version.

You're driving one now? No more BMW?

Turbocharged

No way i will drive a soccer mum car.

I m driving BMW Mini.

[thumbsup]

More durians for you then

• Praise 1

No way i will drive a soccer mum car.

I m driving BMW Mini.

I used to say that too until I had my 1st kid. The Q7 then came along but I kept the IS250 Lux. After I changed the IS to a SUV, I sold the Q7 and bought a Porsche. Now the 2nd kid is akan datang, LPPL, have to sell the Porsche and downgrade to a BUS. That's why I want to make sure I "enjoy" the bus at least for a good 5 years.

The pricing are crazy in the market. Brand new prices are close to 2nd hand prices in terms of depreciation per year. Madness.

I love the Elgrand 2014 because of the height and also the feel inside when compared to the Toyotas. Beginning I thought the Estima 7 seater was ok until I tried the Elgrand, Vellfire and Alphard. Damn...if you want a BUS, make sure it's comfortable. So I started to fault the Estima on headroom.

Anyway, until the sale of the Porsche is concluded then I can decide on what I want. I hate taking out $100k and putting it as deposit and unlikely to recover that amount later. The money has better yield elsewhere.

u can go after market custom ur suspension to adjustable one

anyway other options u can consider are Elgrand and Odyssey which are lower in height than Alphard/vellfire

When you lower, the camber changes do affect tire wear. So have to find a complete solution. I checked the air suspension kits and they cost an arm and a leg.

The new Elgrand is lower in height but not the E52. The Ody seriously looks mundane and I never liked the look. Interior is so so nia.

Hard to please lah me....

I used to say that too until I had my 1st kid. The Q7 then came along but I kept the IS250 Lux. After I changed the IS to a SUV, I sold the Q7 and bought a Porsche. Now the 2nd kid is akan datang, LPPL, have to sell the Porsche and downgrade to a BUS. That's why I want to make sure I "enjoy" the bus at least for a good 5 years.

The pricing are crazy in the market. Brand new prices are close to 2nd hand prices in terms of depreciation per year. Madness.

I love the Elgrand 2014 because of the height and also the feel inside when compared to the Toyotas. Beginning I thought the Estima 7 seater was ok until I tried the Elgrand, Vellfire and Alphard. Damn...if you want a BUS, make sure it's comfortable. So I started to fault the Estima on headroom.

Anyway, until the sale of the Porsche is concluded then I can decide on what I want. I hate taking out $100k and putting it as deposit and unlikely to recover that amount later. The money has better yield elsewhere.

I have no plans for kids. So, it will still hold [sunny]

Looking at these bus, it is more comfortable to be passenger. U might 1 to consider hire a Ahmad.

For Alphard, i think Borneo screw up by bringing the low spec car into this market.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Sibei no pwr. 1st gen Estima 2.4L. 5 girls + 2 guys + Luggage. No matter how we step on the throttle, it will not go beyond 40km/h.

I drove Alphard 3.5L in MY. There is enough torque that not much throttle input is required even when there are 7 adults in it.

I also drove 1st gen Estima for long trip in AUS before: 4 adults, 6 young kids and luggage, didnt really feel any lack in power even going up slopes. [thumbsup]

I also drove 1st gen Estima for long trip in AUS before: 4 adults, 6 young kids and luggage, didnt really feel any lack in power even going up slopes. [thumbsup]

4 adults + 6 young kids

vs

7 adults + loads of luggage.

That's a lot of diff.

Turbocharged

4 adults + 6 young kids

vs

7 adults + loads of luggage.

That's a lot of diff.

OIC, i overlooked "7 adults".... pai seh pai seh

Yes, its lots of weight difference, the 2.4 cant be expected to pull strongly with such a full load unless its the JDM supercharged version [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

I have no plans for kids. So, it will still hold [sunny]

Looking at these bus, it is more comfortable to be passenger. U might 1 to consider hire a Ahmad.

For Alphard, i think Borneo screw up by bringing the low spec car into this market.

Well, don't speak so fast hahahah

Ahmad? No money lah...if got, will have many honeys liow....

• Praise 1

When you lower, the camber changes do affect tire wear. So have to find a complete solution. I checked the air suspension kits and they cost an arm and a leg.

The new Elgrand is lower in height but not the E52. The Ody seriously looks mundane and I never liked the look. Interior is so so nia.

Hard to please lah me....

Air suspension really ex