My Samsung LCD TV.. repaired

Kezg1

2 days back my 40" series 4 TV color faded quite badly...as it is only 4 years old, its a waste to sell to

karang guni( probably can fetch $10 only). So made a few call to friends and in-laws if there

is any lobang of TV repair man....Was given a number to call.(mr Ho, 62524555)

Old unker came to my hse, saw the faded color..open up

..check here and there..toke out a PC board and said he needed to bring back and change a chip as

he need to buy it at SL tower

Next day came back and fixed up everything..ON the TV....and it goes [thumbsup] ...cost $90

To me its worth it...and probably will last me another 3 or 4 years before I buy a new one

Have a chart with him and understand that nowadays not many people will repair their TV once it is

a few years old...

So what I am harping here is ...if your TV kong-out and you wanted to know if it can be repair and safe some

$.....do give him a tinker

BTW...he not relate to me..just helping lah

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

can tell what chip he change? the chip probably cost $10, next time we can change it on our own.

Will take a photo for you the next time he open up my TV again... :D

Actually, if the TV can last beyond 5 years, that's more than enough. Beyond that, high chance you get ghosting shadows, dead pixels or bright pixels that cannot be fixed at all.

He can learn.

what i am concerned about is that board makers are gradually moving towards BGA (Ball Grid Array) mounting. Almost next to impossible to demount and mount.

but he old man hand shaky leh....... [lipsrsealed][laugh]

This reminds me of a joke.

Old man gynae and young man gynae, which one do women prefer?

ans: old man cos hand shaky.

:D

You can actually get a 40 lcd tv at about $500

but nowadays LCD getting rare liao.......LEDs are the common one........I just replaced my 27-yr old 29" CRT with a 39" LED and it already cost just above $600..... [smallcry]

what i am concerned about is that board makers are gradually moving towards BGA (Ball Grid Array) mounting. Almost next to impossible to demount and mount.

BGA is still reworkable...unless is underfilled...the fumes from the underfilling is toxic so it not actually allowed

BGA is still reworkable...unless is underfilled...the fumes from the underfilling is toxic so it not actually allowed

wah you can desolder CPUs on BGA and solder a new one in with functionality intact?

bravo bravo!

Care to share how you do it?

It seems that you are hindered by the fumes nia which can be resolved easily by working in an ordinary fume hood. I am interested in how you can achieve desoldering and wicking of the individual ball solders wor.

Edited by Happily1986

The repairman got repair CRT TV bo? Am still using a 29"inch JVC, paiseh to say that. Hehe

No chance to turn my head watching from such a "small TV".

Supercharged

can tell what chip he change? the chip probably cost $10, next time we can change it on our own.

not so ez lor, uncle........

you know how to diagnose the problem meh?

not so ez lor, uncle........

you know how to diagnose the problem meh?

maybe old man will change all the chips on the board...... [:p][laugh]

↡ Advertisement