My Samsung LCD TV.. repaired

Kezg1

Actually really no point repairing.

Nowadays so cheap.

49" LED TV About $600 sgd nia

I don't mind repairing it if it's something simple like power supply issues. If panel issues, definitely will junk.

Save the earth lol  [;)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Nowadays so cheap. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Depends on what is spoilt la. Some small things repair is still alot cheaper than to replace. My LG TV became solarized, so I bought a T-con board from ebay and fixed it myself. Less than 50sgd.

• Praise 1

might be the power brick.

My 2yr old 55" Sony LED TV also recently cannot power on suddenly, luckily still under warranty, the technician came and just replace the power brick.

My Sony LED TV just slipped into coma last night... I've just called Mr Ho, hope he can revies it wihout me having to send it into Sony Hospital :dizzy:

My 2yr old 55" Sony LED TV also recently cannot power on suddenly, luckily still under warranty, the technician came and just replace the power brick.

2 yrs old still got warranty? Extended warranty?

What's the symptom of ur tv? LED light blinking?

Mine is a Bravia, should be under this deal..... part of the reason why I choose Sony

BRAVIA Warranty and Registration:
  • This promotion is valid only for selected Sony BRAVIATM models purchased from 27 June – 31 July 2016 at participating Sony Authorized Dealers.
  • Customers are required to register their warranty online at www.sony.com.sg/mysony within 14 days from date of purchase and at the very latest by 14 august 2016. Terms and Conditions for My Sony registration apply. No extensions will be granted.
  • For customers who registered their warranties successfully online, your BRAVIA will be warrantable for a total period of 36 months (that is, 3 years) from the date of purchase.
  • If customers do not receive the My Sony Confirmation Email indicating the 3 years warranty period for their BRAVIA within the next working day of successful online registration, please call Customer Contact Centre at 6544 8600 during operating hours (Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm excluding Public Holidays). Queries on this issue after 31 August 2016 will not be entertained.
  • The original receipt of purchase must be retained and presented upon request by Sony for verification purposes.
  • Sony Electronics (Singapore) Pte Ltd reserves the right to vary and/or delete any of the above terms and conditions without prior notice.

Nothing. Basically was working find the previous time it was switched on. the next time I tried to switch on it is totally unresponsive to remote or physical power button. No LED blinking or what.

2 yrs old still got warranty? Extended warranty?
What's the symptom of ur tv? LED light blinking?

• Praise 1

Nowadays so cheap. attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

...But if it is only $90-150...n can last another 2-3 yrs...i would rather get it repaired...save the earth lor..

• Praise 2

Mine is a Bravia, should be under this deal..... part of the reason why I choose Sony

Nothing. Basically was working find the previous time it was switched on. the next time I tried to switch on it is totally unresponsive to remote or physical power button. No LED blinking or what.

Mine got LED blinking 2 times lo... check website say internal board got problem... if 10 yrs ago, I would have try to repair myself... now old liao, lazy...

Mine also Bravia, but bought 2 years ago :XD:

• Praise 1

...But if it is only $90-150...n can last another 2-3 yrs...i would rather get it repaired...save the earth lor..

yeah actually i'm quite gian to upgrade to a slightly bigger screen but really no point lol  [laugh]

aiyoh...k-pop product usually dont last long but if you know how to do simple repair it will last longer. My Samsung washing machine stopped running. I tested the machine...sound of motor have, dry runned it the programme was ok. Last i took out the back panel and saw the pulley had no belt as it broke at one end. When to buy another belt and now its running fine.

Tv really need power brick?

Samsung and LG don't seem to have leh.

yup, sony uses external power adaptor really as big as a brick!

that is to keep the form factor as slim as possible as the power handling portion is separated out.... 

i kind of like it this way... if power source got problem, just change the power brick. don't have to bring it back to service centre to repair.

• Praise 1

that is to keep the form factor as slim as possible as the power handling portion is separated out.... 

i kind of like it this way... if power source got problem, just change the power brick. don't have to bring it back to service centre to repair.

Is it really slimmer than the other TVs?

Sony been out of my budget, so never considered lol.

While i like it for its capability to swap a damaged power brick easily, but it's a major turn off if i want to put in my room whereby there's only a small shelf for the power socket.

similar to this visually from front and front quarter it looks as though it is only 1cm thick.

l_22155655_005.jpg

8105a03a69cfe72a927e9d670dccccce.jpeg

Wait for Sony Days promotion usually 2 times a year. I bought mine about 2.4K, comes with some universal studio tickets, 3d glasses and touch remote and a PS4 set...which I sold off for $600... so the effective price is less than 1.8K definitely.

I like sony panels the best. I have Samsung LED around the house... but the sony is the choice in my entertainment room.

Is it really slimmer than the other TVs?

Sony been out of my budget, so never considered lol.

While i like it for its capability to swap a damaged power brick easily, but it's a major turn off if i want to put in my room whereby there's only a small shelf for the power socket.

• Praise 2

that's a pretty good price for a sony.

My 55" LG was 1899 in 2013.

similar to this visually from front and front quarter it looks as though it is only 1cm thick.

Wait for Sony Days promotion usually 2 times a year. I bought mine about 2.4K, comes with some universal studio tickets, 3d glasses and touch remote and a PS4 set...which I sold off for $600... so the effective price is less than 1.8K definitely.

I like sony panels the best. I have Samsung LED around the house... but the sony is the choice in my entertainment room.

• Praise 1

Paiseh. Forgot to report back.

Managed to get a 2nd hand soundbar for cheap and it works fine.

Glad to know.

I missed a good deal of LG 550 soundbar for $240 at Audio house reno sale.

• Praise 1