The 7 Highest Paid Political Leaders in the World (2013)

7th Place: Francois Hollande, President of France

French President Hollande delivers a speech during a visit to an elementary school in Dieudonne

Approximate salary: SGD $291,680 per annum

Needs to manage: Approx. 65 million people, 675,000+ square kilometers, at least 400 kinds of cheese

In Singapore, his pay amounts to: Inability to buy a car with his entire month

↡ Advertisement

they can review the list every year and the #1 spot will never change haha

if they include ministers as well then SG will occupy all 7 slots

they can review the list every year and the #1 spot will never change haha

if they include ministers as well then SG will occupy all 7 slots

I think there was an article some time back where they put top 10 or top 20 best paid politicians. All occupied by Singapore politicians. [laugh]

I think there was an article some time back where they put top 10 or top 20 best paid politicians. All occupied by Singapore politicians. [laugh]

do you think they will feel proud or ashamed themselves of such a fact?

Bro, why always talk about money?

Kinship more interesting:- other than the Bush and the Lees, how many other father and son lead their country? :D

you forgotten the Kims who ruled from grandfather till now the little fat boy??? [laugh]

Bro, why always talk about money?

Kinship more interesting:- other than the Bush and the Lees, how many other father and son lead their country? :D

north korea, Indonesia.

Japan and Great Britan (okay emperor and Queen arent political)

The 2nd place only get $647k per annum ..... :blink:

and 3rd place $500k ... :wacko:

and how come Obama got the dignity to come and talk to our PM ah??? [lipsrsealed][laugh]

and how come Obama got the dignity to come and talk to our PM ah??? [lipsrsealed][laugh]

Because he is the leader of a fxxking big country, he doesn't need the zeros in his salary to have his dignity.

Just like how some people with the looks and personality don't need an E46 to prove that he can attract babes. [:p]

do you think they will feel proud or ashamed themselves of such a fact?

You can see from list that the salary does not correlate to the size of population nor the GDP.

It is what it cost to hire a top person in that country to run for the top job. As much as LSL is paid, his package is a lot less than what a top lawyer, doctor or banker gets paid. For me I rather be in the top profession than be in his shoes. It sucks to be a politician cos even when you do a good job, you wont be thanked, If you do a lousy job, you will be lynched. Who will dare say Davinder Singh is lousy, no use, incompetent etc etc? When you are a politician even cleaner lady will say you suck and garbage man say you got your job by family connections..many many less competent people will throw eggs at his efforts..[laugh] .

In pespective. his job will struggle to pay for a GCB in prime district now, which cost in excess of 50M

Incidentally, for sake of full disclosure. I am not pappy [laugh]

Because he is the leader of a fxxking big country, he doesn't need the zeros in his salary to have his dignity.

Just like how some people with the looks and personality don't need an E46 to prove that he can attract babes. [:p]

not so loud..........the truth hurts for them you know....... :ph34r:[laugh]

You can see from list that the salary does not correlate to the size of population nor the GDP.

precisely! getting paid $2.2 mil to run 5.2 mil mouths! oops, soon to be 6.9 mil... sigh... [thumbsdown]

to be frank with you, i do agree with your assessment of the dirty looks you get from this job. but you can't justify an element of remuneration for "dirty looks suffered". there are quite a few other professions that suffers from "dirty looks" and yet they don't get any remuneration for that aspect

however, let's just not kid ourselves that because of their low pay, people like Donald Tsang and Obama are any less competent.

i also find it not the right justification to pay the entire cabinet highest salaries in the world, when the cabinet doesn't all contain high earners like davinder (who anyway quit after a short tenure). some of them came from the military, others came from unions and GLCs. their market (note I use the word market) pay sould be much lower than what they are getting as ministers.

the way i see it, they always cite the few top earners like lawyers and doctors amongst their midst to justify the high salaries for the entire cabinet.

Edited by Acemundo

Its all different.

In his country person who fight for their country are call HEROES. In this country they are often calledl, "Why you so stupid to sign on? "

In his country small boys dream of being Firefighters cos they get respect from community, In this country When girl knows you are a fireman, you can forget getting a phone number much less hopes of getting to first base.

↡ Advertisement