Neighbourhood or Elite Primary School

Caldina

​Not picia lobang la, its demand and supply thing la.

​Based on that article, it is saying those schools that are offering IP are not affected.

​Fair what, as those that offered IP will most likely have higher intake. 

​So these will not shut down what as demand is still there.

​What would you do if you are the MOE head then? Not look at demand and supply meh?

Supersonic

anyhow build and now regret

next is uni? now we have 5 or 6 uni right?

nus, ntu, smu, unisim, sutd, anymore?

reason is always low birth rate ... so? cut and merge?

It's a change of demographics.

Just read the papers this morning. While they are closing some schools, they are opening new ones.

This change is something like in the 70s and 80s, Kampung schools close down, merged and move elsewhere.

yeah ... not really pichar lobang

loser pack and go home, winner stay

that's the hard truth

​Not picia lobang la, its demand and supply thing la.
​Based on that article, it is saying those schools that are offering IP are not affected.
​Fair what, as those that offered IP will most likely have higher intake. 
​So these will not shut down what as demand is still there.
​What would you do if you are the MOE head then? Not look at demand and supply meh?

anyhow build and now regret

next is uni? now we have 5 or 6 uni right?

nus, ntu, smu, unisim, sutd, anymore?

reason is always low birth rate ... so? cut and merge?

never mind la we very rich.....need to support economy ma...if not where got 1% growth and where got 21 months bonus....opps....

Can't help but wonder if this has something to do with the budget cap and reduction that Minister Heng mentioned in this year's budget...

aberthen ....

you think raise water tax 30% is really "educate" people and not what's wrong to collect more?

Can't help but wonder if this has something to do with the budget cap and reduction that Minister Heng mentioned in this year's budget...

• Praise 1

What if the day becomes when JC studies combined into secondary school studies, adding another sec 5 to obtain O levels?

No more JCs then.

Actually closing primary schools is nothing new. Last time in the 70s and 80s, many primary schools, especially those kampung ones, either closed down or merged.

It's the change of demographics.

No all old kampong lah.

I studied bukit ho swee pri..Closed down no more in existence. I studied Kim seng tech sec school also closed down no more in existence. Hahaha wherever I go they sure closed down. Aw q

Edited by Kopites

Turbocharged

No all old kampong lah.

I studied bukit ho swee pri..Closed down no more in existence. I studied Kim seng tech sec school also closed down no more in existence. Hahaha wherever I go they sure closed down. Aw q

East or west? :D

https://www.reach.gov.sg/participate/discussion-forum/2017/04/22/moe-jc-mergers-not-due-to-more-choosing-polys

OK, the official answer is out, so there are nothing to do with poly intake and purely due to low birth rate.

So my previous assumption that was a combination of more choosing poly and low birth date was wrong. Haha.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

I think all the ones that got shuttered are all in mature estates. 

Maybe sengkang/punggol need a JC soon lol. 

Read somewhere a piece of land already reserved for JC in Sengkang. Near Sengkang East road facing TPE.

• Praise 1

East or west? :D

Started with west. After one year closed down merged with east. You say suay or not? Edited by Kopites

Why they close serangoon JC? Most north eastern students are there.

Supersonic

https://www.reach.gov.sg/participate/discussion-forum/2017/04/22/moe-jc-mergers-not-due-to-more-choosing-polys

OK, the official answer is out, so there are nothing to do with poly intake and purely due to low birth rate.

So my previous assumption that was a combination of more choosing poly and low birth date was wrong. Haha.

Another factor that is not stated is that they have been opening too many schools for the past decade. 

And looking at the trend of the closure of schools, they are mainly in mature estates, which means change of demographics have changes the intake of these mature estates as more people are moving to newer estates. It is more of balanced distribution of the students over wider geographical areas.