Very Tempted to UpSIZE RIMS

VellfireS

wah.....mod change title liao. no fun already :D

u lucky i dun change your nick toi HUMbargirl [:p] [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Bros..

My Camry currently running on Cerato Forte's rims.. with Maxxis Victra Assymetric M35 tyres.. I find it quite good.. very hard sidewall.. cornering good.. but quite noisy..

Clocked in 21,000km.. Now I am very tempted to up to 18 or 19" rims.. and tyres.. looking at CSC3 or P Zero.. Any bros can advice..

P.S Rims : 114.3x5

And can I use other cars' stock rims? E.G. new GS350 , M6 etc/

I'm still wondering wats the initial title

How is it funny

Haha

How is it funny

Haha

Very Tempted to Up......was the title [sly]

and with a avatar like that, nobody can be mistaken [cool]

Edited by Hamburger

How is it funny

Haha

All think dirty. Lols.. I am one innocent young boy here [laugh]

Basket. All too carried away by the original title. No one answer my help call.. lols.. tolong le.. hahaha

'cos NPNT......so how can we advise you should UP or not....... [:p][laugh]

Bros..

My Camry currently running on Cerato Forte's rims.. with Maxxis Victra Assymetric M35 tyres.. I find it quite good.. very hard sidewall.. cornering good.. but quite noisy..

Clocked in 21,000km.. Now I am very tempted to up to 18 or 19" rims.. and tyres.. looking at CSC3 or P Zero.. Any bros can advice..

When you upsize rim, take note of the change in your speedo reading and the probable impact to your FC.

Since you mentioned other cars' stock rims, bigger wheels are heavier. Your car sure needs to burn more petrol to move.

Separately, what is your original size? If upsize one or two size upwards, my opinion is that they should be fine so long as you understand the impact to your FC and your speedo reading.

As for speedo reading accuracy, you can always use a tire calculator to check the difference in accuracy.

If you wanna go for bigger rims, go for those aftermarket forged ones. Lighter and more chio. [:p]

Finally with bigger rims, that means your tires must be bigger as well. Remember that your wheels stay with your car (unless you change wheels again) and your tires will wear off. Each time you change tyres, the bigger the size the more expensive these rubbers are and will cost you. Do take note of that.

Edited by Yuan

Basket. All too carried away by the original title. No one answer my help call.. lols.. tolong le.. hahaha

What is your help call? :D

For Camry upgrading to 18", the size is 225/45/18, although some are using 235/45/18.

Offset - if on stock brakes, can be all the way to 38 but not advise anything below.

CSC5 225/45/18 price is around $300 per piece and BS GR90 is around $290 per piece.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

Bros..

Honestly, don't waste time la bro. Camry is for comfort driving. You upsize gonna be quite bumpy already.

I suggest you change to stock rims and stock tyres.

I would downsize to keep this boat less crushy and more comfortable. [laugh] This boat needs to cut through water, but not float above water like a hovercraft. :D

One more thing to consider before you upsize. There's a disadvantage if you need to drive over bad road surfaces or roads littered with fallen objects (like Jalan Buroh), the chances of tyre puncturing is higher when on low profile.

Another issue is voiding insurance policy if you're with certain insurers or the sizing does not follow the maker's specs.

Edited by Kangadrool

Honestly, don't waste time la bro. Camry is for comfort driving. You upsize gonna be quite bumpy already.

I suggest you change to stock rims and stock tyres.

Hmmmmm... which car's stock rims can I use?

When you upsize rim, take note of the change in your speedo reading and the probable impact to your FC.

Since you mentioned other cars' stock rims, bigger wheels are heavier. Your car sure needs to burn more petrol to move.

Separately, what is your original size? If upsize one or two size upwards, my opinion is that they should be fine so long as you understand the impact to your FC and your speedo reading.

As for speedo reading accuracy, you can always use a tire calculator to check the difference in accuracy.

If you wanna go for bigger rims, go for those aftermarket forged ones. Lighter and more chio. [:p]

Finally with bigger rims, that means your tires must be bigger as well. Remember that your wheels stay with your car (unless you change wheels again) and your tires will wear off. Each time you change tyres, the bigger the size the more expensive these rubbers are and will cost you. Do take note of that.

Thanks boss.. really thanks a lot.. [laugh]

a lot to learn from you.. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement