Traffic at Second Link Malaysia custom side

Bluepica

duno why 2nd link with so many lane and so wife yet the clearance is slower than the narrow jam pack causeway

The main cause is the opening numbers of operational immigration booths at both check points, JB causeway side has many active clearance booth than Tuas check point, therefore the long traffic queue are moving faster than Tuas queue that merged into a narrow bottle neck of one lane [grin]

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

There's one Sunday night there was a 4.5 hours jam at 2nd Link into Singapore. I drove past after the jam and found 4 SG cars parked at the roadside (driver and passengers not inside), between the last toll and the immigration booth. I'm not sure if these car had broken down, or the driver/passengers abandon the car there and went elsewhere. :huh:

Then at Tuas checkpoint, one SG car also broke down (driver standing beside it) just about 100m from immigration booth. But lucky for him, SG checkpoint officers were there to asist him.

Indeed, being jam at 2nd link is stressful for both the driver, and the car. [sweatdrop]

There's one Sunday night there was a 4.5 hours jam at 2nd Link into Singapore. I drove past after the jam and found 4 SG cars parked at the roadside (driver and passengers not inside), between the last toll and the immigration booth. I'm not sure if these car had broken down, or the driver/passengers abandon the car there and went elsewhere. :huh:

Then at Tuas checkpoint, one SG car also broke down (driver standing beside it) just about 100m from immigration booth. But lucky for him, SG checkpoint officers were there to asist him.

Indeed, being jam at 2nd link is stressful for both the driver, and the car. [sweatdrop]

Jam is good, can justify building of another 1/2 manned Third Link.

post-24635-0-45208000-1387958557.jpg

Ya, I was stuck at tuas 2nd link just 500m to the Malaysia custom just last week. Initially I thought the must about 30mins will be able to clear the custom. But I was wrong. I am stuck there for 2 hours plus just to clear the 500m.

Supercharged

Jam is good, can justify building of another 1/2 manned Third Link.

I worried more about our cars breakdown due to overheating, then to built another 3rd link....

Anyway, a 3rd link is already in the planing......as announced before. Start work in 2018. [sweatdrop]

Supercharged

Ya, I was stuck at tuas 2nd link just 500m to the Malaysia custom just last week. Initially I thought the must about 30mins will be able to clear the custom. But I was wrong. I am stuck there for 2 hours plus just to clear the 500m.

500m already you took 2 hours to clear. Can you imagine those more than 500m away?

Some cars are stuck even before reaching the toll, just outside the Geylang Patah R&R and beside the Shell/Petronas petrol station...(I've seen before). [sweatdrop]

500m already you took 2 hours to clear. Can you imagine those more than 500m away?

Some cars are stuck even before reaching the toll, just outside the Geylang Patah R&R and beside the Shell/Petronas petrol station...(I've seen before). [sweatdrop]

No mine was at side towards Malaysia. I am stuck somewhere just before the 500m signboard. And the culprit.. road works at lane 1 further ahead after the bend ( didn't know it ) . It doesn't help where cars where moving faster on road shoulder and I just so silly stayed on middle lane until further ahead.

I worried more about our cars breakdown due to overheating, then to built another 3rd link....

Anyway, a 3rd link is already in the planing......as announced before. Start work in 2018. [sweatdrop]

2 half manned CIQ equal 1 CIQ operating at full capacity, it should ease your overheating worries and reduce waiting time.

Anyway, just ranting as these jams are worse by the day and it is becoming very unpredictable. Don't understand why MY can't add a few webcams to "auto regulate" the volume.

My friend told me Christmas day no jam at all, quite strange???

Edited by Voodooman

MY also got traffik camera lah .. not sure what you mean by "auto regulate" though.

http://www.llm.gov.my/maklumat_trafik_terkini.aspx

Thanks for link but was hoping to have access to equivalent traffic info to those 2 Singapore webcams we have at the causeway. I think it helps to plan our border crossing time ie. when traffic is all clear. This should in some ways "regulate" the flow.

Supercharged

Good. [thumbsup]

http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/johor-acting-ease-entry-chokepoints-20140103

Johor acting to ease entry chokepoints

JOHOR BARU

DISCUSSIONS are taking place between the Johor government and the state Immigration Department on ways to resolve the infamous congestion at the Johor Causeway Customs, Immigration and Quarantine complex and the Second Link Crossing in Tanjung Kupang, Gelang Patah.

State executive councillor for tourism Tee Siew Kiong said the Johor authorities were well aware of the plight and grouses of those who used the entry and exit points connecting Malaysia and Singapore.

The congestion had persisted for many years, he said.

"The Immigration Department will hire more staff to be placed at both checkpoints, improve infrastructure and open all lanes during peak hours and holiday seasons," Datuk Tee said at a press conference at the launch of Visit Malaysia Year 2014 at the Bangunan Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex here yesterday.

He said that 10.2 million vehicles and 38.2 million visitors passed through the Causeway in 2011. The number jumped to 11 million vehicles and 51.5 million visitors the following year.

"Up to October last year, we recorded 9.6 million vehicles and 19.8 million visitors using the Causeway," he said, adding that the figures reflected the severity of the congestion.

Mr Tee also said that Johor needed 11,550 new hotel rooms from now until 2017, as the existing 14,450 rooms were insufficient to meet the needs of domestic and foreign visitors to Johor.

He said the opening of Legoland Theme Park Malaysia, Puteri Harbour Indoor Family Theme Park in Nusajaya and Johor Premium Outlets (JPO) in Kulaijaya in recent years had boosted the state tourism industry.

"Work is already taking place in Desaru in Kota Tinggi to position and develop it as a leading tourism hub in the southern region, with world-class hotels and water theme parks," said Mr Tee.

The opening of the Freeport Retail Outlet in Malacca, offering discounted branded fashion items next year, would not be a threat to JPO as both catered to different segments of shoppers, he said.

THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK

Turbocharged

The main cause is the opening numbers of operational immigration booths at both check points, JB causeway side has many active clearance booth than Tuas check point, therefore the long traffic queue are moving faster than Tuas queue that merged into a narrow bottle neck of one lane [grin]

Yeah lor - Tuas side is very unpredictable. Can be very fast, but when jammed then jam until siao.

For Woodlands side - it may take a bit longer, but is also more predictable, then there is also one "shortcut" that you can take that cuts some of the time away.

[lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

What took them so long to start the discussion?

Johor to tackle Causeway snarl

JOHOR BARU - Discussions are taking place between the Johor government and the state's Immigration Department on ways to resolve the infamous congestion at the Johor Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) Complex at the Causeway, and the Second Link crossing.

State executive councillor for tourism Tee Siew Kiong said on Wednesday that the Immigration Department would hire more staff for both checkpoints, improve infrastructure and open all lanes during peak hours and holiday seasons. He was speaking at the launch of Visit Malaysia Year 2014 at Johor's Sultan Iskandar CIQ Complex.

Datuk Tee said 10.2 million vehicles and 38.2 million visitors passed through the Causeway in 2011.

The number jumped to 11 million vehicles and 51.5 million visitors the following year.

"Up to October last year, we recorded 9.6 million vehicles and 19.8 million visitors using the Causeway," he said, adding that the figures reflected the severity of the congestion at the Causeway, which gets worse during the year-end crush.

Datuk Tee added that the Johor authorities were well aware of the plight and grouses of those who used the entry and exit points connecting Malaysia and Singapore. The congestion, he said, had persisted for many years.

What took them so long to start the discussion?

Johor to tackle Causeway snarl

JOHOR BARU - Discussions are taking place between the Johor government and the state's Immigration Department on ways to resolve the infamous congestion at the Johor Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) Complex at the Causeway, and the Second Link crossing.

State executive councillor for tourism Tee Siew Kiong said on Wednesday that the Immigration Department would hire more staff for both checkpoints, improve infrastructure and open all lanes during peak hours and holiday seasons. He was speaking at the launch of Visit Malaysia Year 2014 at Johor's Sultan Iskandar CIQ Complex.

Datuk Tee said 10.2 million vehicles and 38.2 million visitors passed through the Causeway in 2011.

The number jumped to 11 million vehicles and 51.5 million visitors the following year.

"Up to October last year, we recorded 9.6 million vehicles and 19.8 million visitors using the Causeway," he said, adding that the figures reflected the severity of the congestion at the Causeway, which gets worse during the year-end crush.

Datuk Tee added that the Johor authorities were well aware of the plight and grouses of those who used the entry and exit points connecting Malaysia and Singapore. The congestion, he said, had persisted for many years.

It's 'start' only... Implementation will take another year maybe??

One suggestion I can offer to both Singapore and Malaysia sides is to open up 2 secondary bridges nearby the causeway and second link solely for trucks and commercial vehicles to pass.

cannot la ... 2nd link is critical for family retreat

JPO, Legoland, Hello Kitty, etc

2nd link should be dedicated for normal vehicle only ... which is the case now ... seldom see trucks and lorries

all the trucks and lorries should go to jb-causeway ... opps ... it's already did

nonetheless, jb-causeway and 2nd link is jam jam jam ... everyday!

so back to square 1

One suggestion I can offer to both Singapore and Malaysia sides is to open up 2 secondary bridges nearby the causeway and second link solely for trucks and commercial vehicles to pass.

yup ... sometime left 2nd link msia in less than 15 mins ... then come to tuas ... jam bam wham

i think tuas is on high alert for smugglng goods

frankly no need to mock jb,our side is no better.

anyway, at the end of the day ... the high volume of cars, trucks and lorries travel between spore and jb for both links has increased at least 100% (double) for the past few years.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement