Used Car dealers Feeling The Heat Liao!

Rogersk8ter

I know one dealer boasting one month sell 3 cars, earn 120k. One beemer 7 series earn 45k leow. Biz got up and down, they should remember they make money also, should keep the money for rainy days. Just like any biz, there will b some fly by night, others will weather the storm with good bizpractice and financial prudence. Hope govt will not bend over to help them.

Rcently dealer been calling me to slash their prices. All getting desperate leow.

↡ Advertisement

Second that.. some established used car dealing towkays i understood got the capital to tong leh.

Those who can tong, deserve to stay alive because they have probably come a long way and weathered ups and downs. Good businesses will not be worried.

Turbocharged

Guys those ppl r just greedy and talking cocks. They do not deserv any pity, went to see a car few day ago, only asking 2k discount which I feel is a reasonable price for a 2006 30k car w 15k OMv and they ask me to fly a big kite. When I ask any room to talk further they say NO. And that car is stuck for 1 year with them alr.

Agree and they are truly dishonest..over the last few weeks waz interested in a particular model, almost wanted to take the plunge liao..called up the guy and the guy said no hidden charges..just when I was abt to commit..suddenly got 'charges' coming out..like 1K admin fees! In the end they refuse to back down as well.

I was WTF...had to pull myself dejectedly off this deal and walk away..such deception...I rather gibe up the car and look elsewhere. [:(]

used car dealers deserve no symphaty. i just got offered scrap value for my 2007 Rex when the market is selling it easily for 32-37k. An easy 20k profit to them if i stupidly agree.

used car dealers deserve no symphaty. i just got offered scrap value for my 2007 Rex when the market is selling it easily for 32-37k. An easy 20k profit to them if i stupidly agree.

Dude, every car they buy is base on scrap.

Every car they sell has additional value.

Standard dealer operating procedure.

Why do we need dealers, just buysell amongst ourselves can already.

Turbocharged

With the help of internet, direct buying and selling of car has become so much easier. People are also better educated and well-informed nowadays.

Used car dealership is actually quite redundant and no value-add. It's time they look for some down-to-earth jobs and start earning money in a more honest way.

Neutral Newbie

Ya where got fire sale? Ask sgcarmart to do a comparison and u will know actually some quietly raised the prices.MAS dun be stupid and fooled by these parasites!

Been trying to sell my car as direct seller. No buyer at all. Mkt is dead.

Turbocharged

depends on what car, some cars demand is very low

What car is that, gotta be realistic with price.

Sure got buyer, need some patience.

Neutral Newbie

If only there were more car owners selling direct instead of selling to dealers, who then (in all likelihood) inflate the price.

If only there were more car owners selling direct instead of selling to dealers, who then (in all likelihood) inflate the price.

I sold all my last 8 cars myself, and i dont believe i am less busy than anyone here.

Just takes a bit of effort and leg work.

I also bought many of my cars directly from owners.

Hopefully more people do that .

buyer-seller direct deal also covered by lemon law hor 6 months

my buddy sold his car direct and 2 months later gearbox up lorry

buyer call my buddy and my buddy fork out $3.5k to fix the gearbox ...

i find it fair. imagine you buy a car and 2 months gearbox malfunction ... [:(]

if i sell my car ... and mileage is > 60k ... i probably trade in even price is not the best just for peace of mind (dont wish to receive call 6 months later)

Edited by Wt_know

The general sentiment on the ground is not even buying the so-called pleads by used car dealers.

Make big money that time kept quiet, now losing out suddenly cry papa mama.

The authorities would be doing themselves a huge discredit and lose an original "job well done" pat if they just give in let that.

buyer-seller direct deal also covered by lemon law hor 6 months

my buddy sold his car direct and 2 months later gearbox up lorry

buyer call my buddy and my buddy fork out $3.5k to fix the gearbox ...

i find it fair. imagine you buy a car and 2 months gearbox malfunction ... [:(]

if i sell my car ... and mileage is > 60k ... i probably trade in even price is not the best just for peace of mind (dont wish to receive call 6 months later)

Not fair.

Lemon law applies to business-to-consumer transaction only, in this case seller is not operating a business.

Also the defect must be exist at the time of delivery, else if the buyer whack the car how?

You buddy is a good guy [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

Those who can tong, deserve to stay alive because they have probably come a long way and weathered ups and downs. Good businesses will not be worried.

the one i'm refering happened to be a subsidary of a big authorised distributor here.

and if these guys do not lead or show the corrective measures that are needed. the entire market will either stay OR be manipulate to their desired interest.

↡ Advertisement