Kia Sorento 2013

Echelon

That;s true, but my thoughts were, I dont drive up north as much as some of the bros here so the need is different also, I really wanted a turbo diesel, check our Chip Express for Kia Sorento diesel, http://www.chipexpress.com/products/kia/sorento/

Impressive numbers for those tuning monkeys in the forum. Yummy stuff.

The jerry can idea is not the best, but that's their sharing, I am very happy I got the diesel, because I really don't drive up North, so am quite save and happy with it.

Road tax is $2136 per year cannot remember the exact number now, need to check.

that road tax after minus special diesel rd tax or before?

• Praise 3

Understand your point...a petrol driven turbo car can get those numbers that you shown too.....as long u happy with it...is the most important.. just that it is surely a blockage for diesel car to be sold in Singapore...

Personally, I only travel to genting Max

But is doing such trips lesser and lesser as I find nsh less friendly.

I am sure the sorento can do to and fro KL with a full tank easily. Else can just top up at most 10 Litres to mix.

I agree with echelon that its basically ur priorities.

And I find diesel cars more suited for city driving in Singapore cos of the immense torque.

Regarding gps... I think having in built gps is the most silly idea for a car. I would prefer to have a dedicated one like garmin .

• Praise 2

OK, I have shared what I like about the ride, now to share what I feel could be better,

1. Plastics on the handle - I wish I can laminate it.

2. Exhaust - wished it can look a little sexier.

So far, other than that, cant comment.

My servicing us up soon, so let's see how well C&C will fair....

Yes. Crv No auto power window all round, no blind, no silver AC trim, no 7 seats, no drl. Only bigger touchscreen w GPS but hu read thumb drive slower than other hu in other jap rides. Spkr sound quality not as warm, more to bright side. But find it more spacious than other SUVs.

now another new contender - subaru forester 2.0xt.

headache...

• Praise 3

now another new contender - subaru forester 2.0xt.

headache...

I was looking at that too, but preferred the design and built of the Sorento.

• Praise 1

Regarding gps... I think having in built gps is the most silly idea for a car. I would prefer to have a dedicated one like garmin .

d new rav4 has builtin garmin gps! unfortunately its suspension is on d harsh side IMO...d new sorento has better suspension..

my 3yr old bimmer's factory gps is smarter than the garmins coz it works even inside buildings n underground. i thk it has some computer memory system such that even when i drove inside underground carpark, its still working n tracking, unlike garmin which needs a constant signal...

Edited by Duckduck

I was looking at that too, but preferred the design and built of the Sorento.

Have u test driven it? I'm very certain it's even faster, not just based on specs alone, tho sorento does feel faster than 9.9s century sprint.

N it's also the lower price n rd tax, on par sound system, more spacious interior n even better handling of the forester that attracted me.

Front headlamp looks cool even without drl due to the arc like angel eye mimicry.

Edited by Fuelsaver

d new rav4 has builtin garmin gps! unfortunately its suspension is on d harsh side IMO...d new sorento has better suspension..

my 3yr old bimmer's factory gps is smarter than the garmins coz it works even inside buildings n underground. i thk it has some computer memory system such that even when i drove inside underground carpark, its still working n tracking, unlike garmin which needs a constant signal...

i see new Rav4 boot space very very small, dun even bother to look further

• Praise 2

Have u test driven it? I'm very certain it's even faster, not just based on specs alone, tho sorento does feel faster than 9.9s century sprint.

N it's also the lower price n rd tax, on par sound system, more spacious interior n even better handling of the forester that attracted me.

Front headlamp looks cool even without drl due to the arc like angel eye mimicry.

Bro... Don't say so much good thing about the new forester leh.. The worse is Subaru sales, the more likely they will reduce price.. Good for u in future since it's a model u shortlisted.. Agree??

• Praise 3

Bro... Don't say so much good thing about the new forester leh.. The worse is Subaru sales, the more likely they will reduce price.. Good for u in future since it's a model u shortlisted.. Agree??

It's ok. I'm not committing for some time. But to many it looks fugly, if that's what they wanna call it.

Today saw the new Santa Fe. 7-seater but not very accessible to last row. Looked like elongated Tucson but headlight n interior styling much superior. Like sorento, when driver opens door, seat moves back to ensure easy alighting. Muscular rim n nice stripe type drl instead of individual led type.

But uncle SE not keen yet remarked last row crampy. I felt kinda claustrophobic due to very small side windscreens n head touching ceiling n possible rear windscreen.

Edited by Fuelsaver
↡ Advertisement