Kia Sorento 2013

Echelon

Yeap, actually, our Santa Fe (termed as Santa Fe Sports internationally) is meant to be a 5-seater. However, Hyundai Motors think it appropriate to squeeze 2 extra jump seats in the boot (perhaps due to our smaller asian stature?). The tapered glass from the C to D pillars really makes the 3rd row seats feel very very claustrophobic.

The real Santa Fe (MaxCruz in Korea) replaces the Veracruz, which is a proper 6/7 seater. But even so, I've read the review on the Santa Fe MaxCruz by a USA source and they still say 3rd row seats are cramp. Haha. I dun think there is much difference in 3rd row legroom, although you do get a larger boot. The boot space on our Santa Fe is a joke. Haha.

Too bad KMC won't be bringing in the 2.2CRDi version as well, as that will sell well here locally, judging by the 2013 Sorento's sale.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Is the 2013 Sorento in Singapore selling well? Will make sure to wave the next time I see one.

So far, I feel like I am in the only 2013 model on the road.

Today almost empty pumped and it cost me after discount, 73.50 for a full tank of diesel.....loving it!

U are certainly one happy owner of the new Sorento. This car looks huge, what is the height? Can it clear carpark with 1.9m limit?

• Praise 3

Today almost empty pumped and it cost me after discount, 73.50 for a full tank of diesel.....loving it!

Heard diessel engine will have problem if kanna situation of running out of fuel and stall.. dont wait until empty them pump

Is the 2013 Sorento in Singapore selling well? Will make sure to wave the next time I see one.

So far, I feel like I am in the only 2013 model on the road.

There are 20 units on the roads. Which is really not too bad considering it's only been recently launched, and at such prices. Haha.

3-4yrs ago, $170k can get a Mercedes E200 leh. Haha

U are certainly one happy owner of the new Sorento. This car looks huge, what is the height? Can it clear carpark with 1.9m limit?

Height is well below 1.8m even with roof rails. Haha. Sorento is not that tall luh. Can clear 1.9m carparks.

(edited)

Height is well below 1.8m even with roof rails. Haha. Sorento is not that tall luh. Can clear 1.9m carparks.

Confirm can clear, BUT do watch out when parking at multi storey carparks.... the tail may clash into those protruding arches at the next level height landings.

It is a wide vehicle so parking is a little challenging at smaller car parks and if other car is just as wide.....so far not too bad, the reverse camera is super helpful and the mirror tilts down when reversing.

Edited by Echelon

There are 20 units on the roads. Which is really not too bad considering it's only been recently launched, and at such prices. Haha.

3-4yrs ago, $170k can get a Mercedes E200 leh. Haha

Long ago, can 2nd hand 3 year Merc S for this price...and if go back further my time, can buy 3L 5 Series...cannot compare. I am just happy with what I have and am happy with the blessing.

According to the e-brochure, the Sorento dimension is 4685mm length and 1885 mm width, it has a smaller footprint than a Ford Mondeo (4844x1927). Though slightly wider than most sedan (C5, Camry, Passat, M6, K5, S80) but shorter than all of them.

1. How is the space in the 2nd row, it is like the VW Sharan (which is quite tight)?

2. Is it easy to do u-turn, on the paper the turning radius is 5.45m?

3. Did u choose the brown leather? It is looks good on the brochure.

• Praise 3

I heard this one too...if diesel never let your car go empty until stall...not as simple as top up and start and run again...not like petrol cars...

But that was way back not sure of the new diesel engines nowadays..

Heard diessel engine will have problem if kanna situation of running out of fuel and stall.. dont wait until empty them pump

• Praise 3

According to the e-brochure, the Sorento dimension is 4685mm length and 1885 mm width, it has a smaller footprint than a Ford Mondeo (4844x1927). Though slightly wider than most sedan (C5, Camry, Passat, M6, K5, S80) but shorter than all of them.

1. How is the space in the 2nd row, it is like the VW Sharan (which is quite tight)?

2nd row obviously not as spacious as the Sharan, but you'll be surprised. The tall seat height takes away any need for more legroom.

Just use your steering wheel to do U-Turn, so yes, it's easy to do U turns.

I prefer the black and white leather instead of the brown.

1. Its quite spacious, because I push my seat forward.

2. U-turn, super easy.

3. Black and White - came with my silver exterior.

Length wise it maybe shorter than sedans but its utilization of space is good, I dont feel its that short, as long as there is space, and also the seating positioning is different from a sedan.

The CX9 is a super long SUV which I kinda like if you are talking about space - would like to try that too, but its almost like a truck length 5106(L) and 1644(W) - almost 4L car - so kinda thirsty for me as well as the above 200k pricing is a little too steep for my pockets.

I chose the Sorento because of a fine balance of price, cost of ownership, quality, award winning engine 2.2CRDi and love the design both externally and internally as well.

• Praise 1

I heard this one too...if diesel never let your car go empty until stall...not as simple as top up and start and run again...not like petrol cars...

But that was way back not sure of the new diesel engines nowadays..

Wow, did not know that, thanks for the advise guys!