D1 Spec Coilover

Jacklim82

Performs well but the dampers don't seem to last very long. They wear out at around 2yr mark. I'm on the same set of coils but 3rd set of dampers in 6yrs.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Performs well but the dampers don't seem to last very long. They wear out at around 2yr mark. I'm on the same set of coils but 3rd set of dampers in 6yrs.

Did you tracked on them?

pretty much the same problem for BC. Wears out after the 2 year mark.

Neutral Newbie

Bro. Dont all coilovers wear out in 2 years?

My dad's FD2r is running ohlins dvf , and the dampers scrapped thru only 2.5 years not bad liao :D

BC should be better though, i've seen many people using it

I have used BC for more than 2 years and they were still working after that mark.

Dampers can be serviced for BC.

Bro. Dont all coilovers wear out in 2 years?

My dad's FD2r is running ohlins dvf , and the dampers scrapped thru only 2.5 years not bad liao :D

agreed. They all wear out in 2 years or so.

I have used BC for more than 2 years and they were still working after that mark.

Dampers can be serviced for BC.

Every part in BC can be changed, Dampers, Springs, Pillowball mount, etc.

But after 2 years most parts are meant to fail. So even if they can be changed, is it worth the money to change one item at a time?

Do the math. It is probably worth changing to a whole new set of coils after 2 years.

Supercharged

I hv no idea what coil I'm using now cos it came with it when I bought the used car few years back.

My coilover are still working well for at least 3 years. Touch wood.....

I using KWv2. After 2 years (and under 30k) , one of the front dampers also up lorry. Had to change entire front set for about 40% cost of a new full set. Now hoping rears don't go....

I'm using D1 Spec on my 1.5 ton car for the past 2 years. Should be almost 40,000km already.

Still no problem. But I'm crossing my fingers already since its well-know that coilovers don't last much longer than 2 years.

Price is not expensive, so I don't mind to change back to new D1 Spec. Just that I find it troublesome to go down the workshop at Ubi.

↡ Advertisement