Anyone got good deal for 2nd hand car?

Johnnylim

With the temporary 60days thingy, anyone got a good deal over the weekend buying 2nd cars? Pls share. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

buying now is like catching falling knife because

1. no one knows for sure what will be the coe level after 2 months especially the loophole for 100% loan is plugged

2. can you trust the used car dealer ? buy now, 2 months later close shop liao, then you need to buy with agent warranty which mean pretty new car ... high coe ... why buy?

3. cheap is cheap for a reason ... you must open your eyes and ears big big ... if the used car dealer give you a cheap ride ... firesale must be a reason ... don't be blinded ... sekali got a lemon or accident car

why buy now as kancheong spider if you can wait ... why take the risk unless you cannot buy after the loopholes are plugged (that's a different story)

Edited by Wt_know

Neutral Newbie

buying now is like catching falling knife because

1. no one knows for sure what will be the coe level after 2 months especially the loophole for 100% loan is plugged

2. can you trust the used car dealer ? buy now, 2 months later close shop liao, then you need to buy with agent warranty which mean pretty new car ... high coe ... why buy?

3. cheap is cheap for a reason ... you must open your eyes and ears big big ... if the used car dealer give you a cheap ride ... firesale must be a reason ... don't be blinded ... sekali got a lemon or accident car

why buy now as kancheong spider if you can wait ... why take the risk unless you cannot buy after the loopholes are plugged (that's a different story)

Can't agree further. I am sure most buyers have the patience for 2 months. I am waiting for how the next few rounds of COE results before deciding. If the depreciation for a new car vs a 2nd hand is quite close (perhaps 2-3k pa difference), its better off getting a new ride for the assurance. If prices remains the same, the budget is set aside for a 2nd hand ride.

If you plan to get one within these 60 days, its safer to assume there will be no warranty for the car. Get a good mechanic to appraise the vehicle before making the purchase.

Hi,

I will be grateful for whatever opinions you can share with me on this car. As a newbie, don't know what is the fair price for this car although it seems to be the cheapest that i can find in SG car mart.

Thanks in advance for your advices.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...536&DL=1054

See my calculation for current paper value

PARF= 8430.75 (75% of ARF)

Balance COE = around 23.54k

current paper value = around 31.97k

body value, if based on 10 years depreciate of it OMV of 11241

so currrent BV is around 8.2k

so PV+BV = around $40k, so $40K vs $54k is over priced.

yearly depreciate is 6.7k exl. interest to be incurred.

please correct me if i'm wrong calculated.

Hi,

I will be grateful for whatever opinions you can share with me on this car. As a newbie, don't know what is the fair price for this car although it seems to be the cheapest that i can find in SG car mart.

Thanks in advance for your advices.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...536&DL=1054

if omv is 11K part is 5.5K 54800 less 5500 $49300 divide by the balance of years e.g. 7 years depreciation is 7 pa.

current PARF is 75% of ARF, 50% PARF is end of 10 years. depreciation is based on 7years 4 months or (88 months).

you sound very confused. I am confused by you. if you based on your calculations you would not even buy a HDB flat

car is depreciate item, HDB flat is appreciate. Both are totally diffrent things.

paper value + body value = resale market price exl dealer profit margin. (body value might not calculate as what i assume, it depend on the dealer to offer you).

Depreciation is purchase price minus PARF rebate at end of 10 years devided by remaining life spend.

My 2 cents. If u got spare cash on hand say 25k as a benchmark and u dun need a car urgently or have a ride eg: 2014/2015. U will get fantastic deals after these 2months. It would be purely the Buyer's market. (New/Old) same.

If u need a car & is limited on downpayment, then no time is better than now. Coz the pool of cars available for max 100% loan is shrinking by the day/hour. Dun believe? Go round do your homework. The market now is abit messy thou. Transacted price differs widely base on dealers' strategy and amount of cars they have on hand.

If u see a car u like and u falls into the abv category, grab it before its sold.

Happy Car Hunting!

(57 days left)

[laugh]

(edited)

erm.

actually for depreciation assume 10 yrs usuage. parf value is 55%.

annual dep = selling price (54K) - PARF(0.55*11K) - body value ( 1-2k)Divide 7 yrs ~ 6.5K Per annum

actually not that bad. for korean car depreciation should be abt 5k mark. think you should be able to bargain it down to about 45-50K

Edited by Little_prince
↡ Advertisement