Tyre Upgrade from XM2

Mattchlai

Neutral Newbie

Currently on XM2 195/65R15 but doesn't like its poor wet handling. Someone recommended me Pirelli Cinturato P1. Any ideas about this tyre?

I'll prefer mid level tyre but more towards comfort still.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

bro, i had a bad experience with it in wet road condition. car skidded approx. 1.5 car length with abs triggered yet still unable to stop on time. was cruising at around 80km/h on NSHW.

(edited)

Currently on XM2 195/65R15 but doesn't like its poor wet handling. Someone recommended me Pirelli Cinturato P1. Any ideas about this tyre?

You want comfort, luxury tyres that is good on the wet and quiet and with hard wall. Look no further.

I would suggest BS GR90 Turanza. It is on my ride now with the R17 and I love every moment of it.

Edited by Abachee

bro, i had a bad experience with it in wet road condition. car skidded approx. 1.5 car length with abs triggered yet still unable to stop on time. was cruising at around 80km/h on NSHW.

Sounds bad... touch wood I haven't met anything yet, will monitor...

Neutral Newbie

I am on Pirelli Cinturato P1.

Had experienced skidding when going over metal covering at low speed when turning in carpark. FYI, tyre is less than 10k travel.

Neutral Newbie

ya, all four XM2 tyres are clocking 30k km. Decided to change them after the accident even though they should be good for another 30k km.

If Cinturato P1 is skidding too then i have to skip them. very scare of this now.

Any ideas about Bridgestone Turanza T001?

Your such tire profile won't lead u to UHP tires... U need to upsize your rims for those UHP tires bro..

Neutral Newbie

thanks bro for the advice but i'm still prefer the 65 profile with its comfort. just that to source for one that is better on wet...

seems like all tyres no matter how top grade or quality tyre still have bad experience

and how poor Quality tyre still have people like and commented value for money

1 man meat another man is a poison

I am on Pirelli Cinturato P1.

Had experienced skidding when going over metal covering at low speed when turning in carpark. FYI, tyre is less than 10k travel.

No matter how good yr tire....going over those metal plates...especially when wet is damm slippery n can skid.

thanks bro for the advice but i'm still prefer the 65 profile with its comfort. just that to source for one that is better on wet...

If you're really serious for a wet weather tire, go 185/65/15 then but it does look skinny and dry cornering might not be good..

Cos ultimately also depends on your weight of your car.. What car are u driving btw?

Neutral Newbie

Would suggest any tyre with a lower wear rating grippier but less durable say

ContiPremiumContact 5

195/65 R15 91H

Made in Europe

$123 excluding tyre balancing and change

Turanza ER300

195/65 R15 91H

$126

http://www.tyrepac.com/Form/B2C/Home.aspx?...amp;source=Home

The efficient grip is not so efficient in the wet due to its higher wear 340 rating

The size of your tyre precludes many of the better tyres available have fun

surprisingly Turanza T001 is even cheaper than ER300?

got info those T100 tyre are made basically for Ang Mo europe market.

the tyre compound is diff from tyre made for our market here.

But technical should not be a BIG problem to use those T series tyre here.

Neutral Newbie

Try Bridgestone MY-02 (sporty style)

I have been using for 2 months plus and when ever I accelerate thru a large surface of water, I feel so assured as the tyre will cut thru the water.

Comes cornering, the tyre will give me the grip that I want as compared to my previous tyre - firehawk

I got it from my usual tyre shop at yew tee industrial park =)

↡ Advertisement