Does Singaporean lacks Civic-consciousness ?

Meanmachine

The people at my HDB block near Towner are generally OK. When they throw away bulky stuff they arrange them nicely at a corner, near the dustbin. An Indian chap will clean up the garbage every morning. However I notice a stream of elderly folk who will come by from morning till evening, rummaging through the garbage, pick out things and throw unwanted stuff all over the void deck. Anybody knows who I can call to stop these people from making a mess?

↡ Advertisement

The people at my HDB block near Towner are generally OK. When they throw away bulky stuff they arrange them nicely at a corner, near the dustbin. An Indian chap will clean up the garbage every morning. However I notice a stream of elderly folk who will come by from morning till evening, rummaging through the garbage, pick out things and throw unwanted stuff all over the void deck. Anybody knows who I can call to stop these people from making a mess?

Town Council

Twincharged

big single items like table and chair i will throw at the refuse chute area.

but when i have to throw a lot of used(possible recyclable) items, i will pack them in big trash bags then load them in my car and drive to the nearest refuse center and then dump the bags there. This is to prevent the scavengers from littering the whole place under my block.

• Praise 1

The parents would complain to MOE and sue the schools for asking their children to do chores in school.

Thats what the Japanese schools do.

If it is a public school and MOM has given directions, have any parent sue any school for such thing before? why MOM is not setting an example if this is they way to go? 

call up your light sabre?

I ever encountered an old aunty rummaging through the trash. Politely told her that it is perfectly fine to rummage through the discarded stuff but it is not ok to strew it all over the place. Hence after that incident, she is more conscious of her actions. 

Are you new in Singapore? CNY is coming hence the amount of things dump is higher dan usual. Sure, you can call TC and get the banglah to work around the clock til CNY or you can just leave things as they are and close one eye. Put up with it and things will be back to normal after cny.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

Recently, a parent have tried to sue a school for his kid's confiscated handphone.

You can also try and speak to teachers. Plenty of such cases, its just not reported.

I assume you meant MOE?

If it is a public school and MOM has given directions, have any parent sue any school for such thing before? why MOM is not setting an example if this is they way to go? 

• Praise 1

What a stupid question.

Of course we don't lack Civic consciousness.

We just don't give a flying flick about anybody else 

and all we think is me me me. 

As for Civic consciousness so many people love Honda

and we are always thinking how to get the new Civic and

when will the price come down to get one.  :D

No one has more Civic consciousness than me.

I love the design.

2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-Sport-Touring

• Praise 1

Actually we aren't that bad lah. Most of us are quite automatic. Even if someone point out our discorteous behavior, I think most of us will take note and improve.

• Praise 1

What a stupid question.

Of course we don't lack Civic consciousness.

We just don't give a flying flick about anybody else

and all we think is me me me.

As for Civic consciousness so many people love Honda

and we are always thinking how to get the new Civic and

when will the price come down to get one. :D

No one has more Civic consciousness than me.

I love the design.

2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-Sport-Touring

Want to be more civic minded, get a Honda Civic.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

of course singaporeans lack civic consciousness.

yesterday at the vet waiting for my turn. a young lady 20ish with an unleashed poodle came and the dog went around exploring and like most untrained dogs, peed at a corner within the vet practice. Told the young lady so that she can get the staff to help clean up (that's the very least she could do).

she just exclaimed "omg", carried the dog away and never do anything else. WTF! In the end, I have to ask the vet practice staff to clean it up due to their inconsiderate client's actions.

• Praise 3

Recently, a parent have tried to sue a school for his kid's confiscated handphone.

You can also try and speak to teachers. Plenty of such cases, its just not reported.

I assume you meant MOE?

Yes a recent case was widely reported in the press and the court rules in favour of the school. The media needs to publish such cases so that the public know it. let these people know if you want different treatment, then look for private schools that cater for such education.

The recent video on students fighting in class is something unimaginable happening in Singapore. What is happening to our educational system or it is just MOE doing. :a-noway:

• Praise 2

Yes a recent case was widely reported in the press and the court rules in favour of the school. The media needs to publish such cases so that the public know it. let these people know if you want different treatment, then look for private schools that cater for such education.

The recent video on students fighting in class is something unimaginable happening in Singapore. What is happening to our educational system or it is just MOE doing. :a-noway:

Students fighting in schools is nothing new. But posting it in social media is new.
  • Praise 1

Students fighting in schools is nothing new. But posting it in social media is new.

yah, saw it several times in my classes during secondary school time.

sometimes in front of teacher some more.

the main culprit was the biggest bully in my school during that time, last I heard, he signed on with the police force after his poly days.

heck, was even told he was best cadet or something during his police NS days.

am I surprised? no. because he told us during secondary school days that a policeman is a licensed pai kia(ganster) and that was his ambition all along.

• Praise 2