Radio Reception

Erykool

Guys, need some advice how to solve this problem that I have...

I am using a pioneer 1 din CD MP3 player in my Avante.. Using a internal windscreen antenna.

i noticed recently that after I bought a marbella GPS in my car, the radio reception sometimes a little bit hazy...

When I switch it off, it becomes very clear again... But the haziness only a little bit once a while so still ok.

Then just recently I gotten a in car camera.. its those type which switches on when I start car and shut down auto when I switch off car...

When the in car camera is on, the radio becomes very hazy and reception super poor... it gets so irritating that I switch the radio off...

Any brothers encountered this before and what is the solution? I tried going to an audio shop and they ask me change the windscreen antenna to try so i changed to a new one cause the old one used for 6 yrs liao.. still the same with the new antenna...

Reception is good if I switch off in car camera...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I am using a pioneer 1 din CD MP3 player in my Avante.. Using a internal windscreen antenna.

i noticed recently that after I bought a marbella GPS in my car, the radio reception sometimes a little bit hazy...

When I switch it off, it becomes very clear again... But the haziness only a little bit once a while so still ok.

Then just recently I gotten a in car camera.. its those type which switches on when I start car and shut down auto when I switch off car...

When the in car camera is on, the radio becomes very hazy and reception super poor... it gets so irritating that I switch the radio off...

Any brothers encountered this before and what is the solution? I tried going to an audio shop and they ask me change the windscreen antenna to try so i changed to a new one cause the old one used for 6 yrs liao.. still the same with the new antenna...

Interference? what cam u using so powerful

• Praise 1

agreed as interference, you ve to try ext ant or ask installer to add filter at the radio pwr ip.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i had similar problems b4.

what happens is that some electric or video cables are place too near ur windscreen antenna.

move them clear of the antenna will solve the problem.

• Praise 1

It is call RF interference, all electronic equipment have this - so if u need to solve the issue change the equipment concern, otherwise you have to live with the disturbance.

• Praise 1

I also hv this. But only in mscp n places wh poor reception. Once i move out reception is normal.

Maybe yr radio n gps draw power fm same circuit so got intereference cos i doubt gps transmit any signal to interfere wh radio reception.

U can try to draw power fm different source fr e gps n see if it improves.

Anyway once i move out fm cp lot....my radio is clear again so no issue fr me.

Oh n mine also marbella.

• Praise 1

power static influence the reception. previously when i DIY install my car DVR i have this reception problem. after that i isolate the wiring making sure that the power cable doesn't touch the antena cable now everything is fine and normal.

• Praise 1

Is there any way for your radio antenna to be fixed to rear windscreen ? Many European cars radio antenna are together with rear windscreen heater. Since the installer smoke you to change antenna and no improvement, he should take some action. By the way, old 30 years antenna function the same as a new one (assuming no technology change).

Or at least put your radio antenna in a different side from your GPS.

Same problem here. For me it should be the wiring issue as I have no interference if I rub the car cam using battery.

Same problem here. For me it should be the wiring issue as I have no interference if I rub the car cam using battery.

ok... i am lost here. what do you mean by "rub the car cam using battery"?

as in you take a AA battery and rub the contacts on the car cam wiring? [confused]

ok... i am lost here. what do you mean by "rub the car cam using battery"?

as in you take a AA battery and rub the contacts on the car cam wiring? [confused]

sorry typo error. I meant "use" the car cam using battery.

Supercharged

No wonder lah....

My radio reception also gone bad after the car cam was installed. I suspected the cam to be the culprit but wasn't sure. Now I know liao....

Neutral Newbie

Any place to recommend to check the wiring? Coz i got a dash cam wired in and my radio reception is pretty bad. When i plug in my charger for my phone to the cig lighter it gets worst.

(edited)

RFI and EMI combi.

Poor isolation design of your GPS module is the likely cause.

Edited by Astrid

Neutral Newbie

Anyone know where to fix the bad radio reception issue. I called up soon lee audio and they said they dun fix external roof top antenna

I usually ownself fix radio issue - Either the ICE is broken (once, ownself change ICE) or Antenna Broken (VI and ownself change). Wiring is very robust and never failed before lor.

Anyway, of all the radio channel we can detect in SG, I found this channel 99.9 MHz FM988 provide an accurate Real time clock data.

Enable RDS - European, EU. Enable Clock Tune.

It will update the ICE clock.

Neutral Newbie

Recently bought a Car Webcam and radio interference started. Went to a radio shop and bought a $30 booster and yet problem persisted. Have to go back and ask for help again soon.

↡ Advertisement