Radio Reception

Erykool

bro you really nocturnal vigilante...  [sweatdrop]

Cannot expect the mods to read every topic everyday.

Have to play our part, unless @RadX is back.  [sly]

I have this issue where reception at basement CP is reall bad. 

Anyway to improve the reception of it such that i can hear radio very clearly at basement CP?

Is there such a thing as digital reception? thks

I have this issue where reception at basement CP is reall bad.

Anyway to improve the reception of it such that i can hear radio very clearly at basement CP?

Is there such a thing as digital reception? thks

Drive out of the carpark....

Nothing can help if there is no radio waves inside the carpark. Same like how some carpark no handphone reception. They put signal boosters in all shopping malls, else you wont be able to use phone inside malls

• Praise 1

Drive out of the carpark....

Nothing can help if there is no radio waves inside the carpark. Same like how some carpark no handphone reception. They put signal boosters in all shopping malls, else you wont be able to use phone inside malls

to add on, i believe there are similar boosters in the expressway tunnels i.e. MCE/KJE and CTE.

Internal Moderator

Thanks guys for all your vigilante work. It really makes our work so much easier. 

p.s. even thou i don't really work much. 

Cannot expect the mods to read every topic everyday.

Have to play our part, unless @RadX is back.  [sly]

Anyway, of all the radio channel we can detect in SG, I found this channel 99.9 MHz FM988 provide an accurate Real time clock data.

Enable RDS - European, EU. Enable Clock Tune.

It will update the ICE clock.

FM988 is a Malaysia Radio Station right?

I had this problem few mths back with my 2 yr old car. Tried everything from changing antenna to installing signal booster, and even banging table and getting my stock HU unit replaced at AD.

But guess what? Reception still bad periodically. And at certain areas.

I gave up and now using Internet radio app and connecting it to my car HU via Bluetooth. Crystal clear now due to it being digital, and doesn't matter go basement CP or 99th floor CP, reception still perfect.

Hope this helps.

• Praise 1

Month ago my radio suddenly became hazy. Reception is pretty bad. I still haven't got time to figure out the problem (probably smth with antenna) but also decided to have a brand new radio - also with GPS and all that stuff.  Many options here, got this info and want a clear sound... Any thoughts?

Any videos to show the poor radio receptions? 

Many things affect reception, if you are driving a petrol car, choose a spark plug with EMC suppression.  Basically, it is a spark plug with a 5kohm resistor.  For Denso or NGK parts, there is an extra R suffix lor.

Od course others thing like grounding etc ...... long story....

I had this problem few mths back with my 2 yr old car. Tried everything from changing antenna to installing signal booster, and even banging table and getting my stock HU unit replaced at AD.

But guess what? Reception still bad periodically. And at certain areas.

I gave up and now using Internet radio app and connecting it to my car HU via Bluetooth. Crystal clear now due to it being digital, and doesn't matter go basement CP or 99th floor CP, reception still perfect.

Hope this helps.

↡ Advertisement