Anyone can give advice on this 1938 car.

Aerosmith

Its called standard 2 on sgcarmart.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...434&DL=1000

I quite interested in owning it but I do not know anything about old cars.

1. Need to pay road tax?

2. Which workshop expert on this brand, cause i think no more "standard" already right.

3. anyone own before such old cars, any advice on maintenance costs and can give tips?

Edited by Aerosmith
↡ Advertisement

Never own one before but its pretty much a white elephant to decorate your lawn. You can only drive 45 days annum. First 28 days is 10 bucks/day. Rest of the quota is 20 bucks/day like OPC car. With this in mind, maintenance shouldnt be much of an issue considering that you will cover a very pathetic mileage every year. You just need a good mechanic that knows how to improvise with whatever parts he has. Parts if really required, most likely have to be fabricated but they are pretty rudimentary so also should not be too complicated for those general machine/engineering shops to handle. Worse comes to worse, you will need to import in a parts car which is probably not in good shape either considering the age. I think put your money into some nice timepieces better. Can bring around to show off. This one is interesting, but in reality, just a glorified lawn ornament.

It is best to have a garage to park this car....park at mscp... collect dust and you worry what other may do to it....

My MSCP got a special car plate(vintage) also no one go disturb it. It is forever park at the top deck corner

I think I saw this car at sin ming autocare 2nd floor workshop in front of the famous audioshop. That workshop always have vintage cars on board.

Turbocharged

Bridal car good idea.

Charge s$600 per day (x 45day) = $27000

U will get back the amount that u had paid within a year

My MSCP got a special car plate(vintage) also no one go disturb it. It is forever park at the top deck corner

Thought vintage usually only those people who stay in landed property interested to own, cause they have their own parking garage. [rolleyes]

Bridal car good idea.

Breakdown then jialat. Must make sure your T&Cs are 100% full proof. Otherwise, kena claimed jialat jialat.

Turbocharged

"Suicide Door, As This Car Is A Pre War Car, No COE Is Needed".

What is suicide door? Why call it suicide door?

Edited by Icedbs

"Suicide Door, As This Car Is A Pre War Car, No COE Is Needed".

What is suicide door? Why call it suicide door?

Not too sure. Think the door hinge is on the other side, i.e. front door's hinge is at the B pillar instead of A pillar.

Bridal car good idea.

people charge S$600 per weekend not per day.

Not too sure. Think the door hinge is on the other side, i.e. front door's hinge is at the B pillar instead of A pillar.

Take a look at this & you will understand y...

The advert is wrong, this car should be a Standard Flying 8.

Well, not important la, just wanna nitpick a little haha. If I had my own landed property, I would definitely buy this too.

The number plate put the car off man...... This car should come with single S or S* at most...

true.. haha.. ppl definitely know you buy 2nd hand.. [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement