More tampering with Carpark coupons

RadX

If cannot afford, dun drive!!!

SINGAPORE: More motorists have been caught tampering with their parking coupons.

And most of the offences are committed in housing estates.

This is according to figures by the Housing and Development Board (HDB) and the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).

The HDB caught 400 offenders last year, compared to an average of 150 between 2007 and 2011.

The URA caught more than 1,500 offenders last year, compared to an average of 800 between 2007 and 2011.

The authorities say tampering with coupons is tantamount to cheating.

Those who are caught are liable to fines of between

S$80 and S$300.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

SINGAPORE: More motorists have been caught tampering with their parking coupons.

This is according to figures by the Housing and Development Board (HDB) and the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA).

The HDB caught 400 offenders last year, compared to an average of 150 between 2007 and 2011.

The URA caught more than 1,500 offenders last year, compared to an average of 800 between 2007 and 2011.

S$80 and S$300.

ho say. few weeks ago i saw 2 saman uncles hovering around a car. turns out the joker didnt tear out the tabs. as soon as he unlock his car, they came out from hiding, show a pass and ask for the coupon. it's an immediate court date with a judge sia (according to the parking attendant)... plus the unker told me they catch a few of these idiots every month ... save a couple of bucks but could see the guy's wife damn paiseh her husband was a moron and quite a few people stop to look. (this was the open air carpark opposite bugis junction)

Neutral Newbie

i like the word u used...moron... i never used fake coupons, or not tear properly but teared in advance(kanna summon thou), never got embarrassed, just i find coupon tearing really waste 30 secs of our lifes.. so i prefer those gantry, but gantry price really sucks blood...so ccs(competition ..what singapore) please fight for right price..rather than fine...fine is for heartless lawyers and heartless judges to make money leh..now got improvised law and order...lols....heartless...yup..u brush with them..u r considered vermin.

• Praise 1

Easier if they just install the ERP car parks everywhere. Right now, its either we litter or we get accused of cheating. The coupons in this country is dumb. Why cant they just do it like the scratch cards style coupons in Msia.

• Praise 1

its human nature....if there is a way to cheat without being caught people will do it...not whether if they cannot afford to pay or what...

Just like going to jb for petrol....or stopping at the side of road to have lunch...or to put one 50c coupon for 30mins when the car is parked for more than that...

But tampering coupon is really idiotic thing to do....any trained eye can tell that the tab is not being tear....

S$80 and S$300.

I think not right leh. The URA caught more dan HDB, 1500 vs 400. How can it be most offenses are committed in housing estates?

Easier if they just install the ERP car parks everywhere. Right now, its either we litter or we get accused of cheating. The coupons in this country is dumb. Why cant they just do it like the scratch cards style coupons in Msia.

+1 for scratch cards style

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

1st,cost of producing our coupon over the scratch card,and between the two......same difference.Sidenote,the coupon in THIS country is a high revenue generating system,$$$ upfront.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

ho say. few weeks ago i saw 2 saman uncles hovering around a car. turns out the joker didnt tear out the tabs. as soon as he unlock his car, they came out from hiding, show a pass and ask for the coupon. it's an immediate court date with a judge sia (according to the parking attendant)... plus the unker told me they catch a few of these idiots every month ... save a couple of bucks but could see the guy's wife damn paiseh her husband was a moron and quite a few people stop to look. (this was the open air carpark opposite bugis junction)

I saw a similar incident also at a bugis open carpark b4, the initial 2 wardens did not hide but scrutinize the windscreen of the suspected car. They summoned more wardens in the end and a van of them came, the lady driver came back and was cornered by a sea of them lol..

Edited by Xers007

I guess sometimes the drivers might realise they hv no coupons left so they turn to such stunts.if all carparks hv gantrys then no issue.perhaps the authorities dont wanna hv all gantrys installed so they can catch n generate some income

Out right dun tear would be cheaper...

Since taking a chance with the warden...dun tear $30 fine...wanna tear then dun tear aka tampering is $80-$300....eh..dunno how to count ah ?? [:p] [:p]

can afford $70k-$90k coe but cannot afford $0.50-$1.00 parking

all parking should allow 100% loan & 10 years for parking ... problem solved

then parking rates can be raised to $10 per hour too!

Edited by Wt_know

Best way is to install EPS on every carpark but dont think it is possible. Afterall still must rely on parking coupons. [rolleyes] If i were those people, i rather dont display coupon at all rather than cheat on tampering with the parking coupons. -_- Those people who tampered with the parking coupons, they really thought those parking wardens are stupid and dumb and that they can get away with it?!

Edited by 13177

Supercharged

Those people who tampered with the parking coupons, they really thought those parking wardens are stupid and dumb and that they can get away with it?!

They may get away at low light conditions + auntie parking warden lol... [:p]

I think only those car park with heavy usage will convert to erp access, the rest still use coupon.

Anyway, I support all change to erp car parks if possible. No need buy and tear coupon, save time and go green. Don't have to worry exceed timing and go back car to put coupon again.

• Praise 3

Supersonic

maybe coz company that makes card scratch style coupon in MY belongs to a crony?.... [:p]