• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
43 replies to this topic | 82 praises

Poll: Esso Smiles Points - Do They Expire? (31 member(s) have cast votes)

Esso Smiles Points - Do They Expire?

1. Yes (8 votes [25.81%])

Percentage of vote: 25.81%

2. No (23 votes [74.19%])

Percentage of vote: 74.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi all,

to those who pump Esso fuel, or have a Smiles card account but have not pumped Esso fuel for a period of time,

based on your own impression and knowledge, without going to the Esso website to check, do you know if your Smiles points can expire?

appreciate your response. thanks!

(note: i am not working for Esso and this is not a commissioned market survey of any sort)
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

Yurikaze
  • Premium member
    Yurikaze
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi all,

to those who pump Esso fuel, or have a Smiles card account but have not pumped Esso fuel for a period of time,

based on your own impression and knowledge, without going to the Esso website to check, do you know if your Smiles points can expire?

appreciate your response. thanks!

(note: i am not working for Esso and this is not a commissioned market survey of any sort)

Confirm will expire if you never top up after certain period. But they also good. Will sms u to let u know your points expiring soon and to do spend money on them.

Ok. Topic close. Question answered. wave.gif
1 Anonymous member praised this
Regards,

[Yu]k |-kaZe.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

No expiry. Check before.
Uncle2 praised this

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:14 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Smilies Points not Smelly Points.

24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thx guys. The reason I asked is because I just found out that my 7319 points were gone. All reset to zilch.

You need to make a fuel purchase at least once in 12 months to keep your points.

I don't know since when this rule came out because I've not pumped esso for some time and the points are still there when I made purchases at NTUC Express.

So do take note ok, smiles points do expire, contrary to popular belief.

I've submitted an appeal for my points Liao. Hope the reinstate back. 7319 points leh.. Knn how many petrol vouchers I can redeem with that man. angry.gif
Doppel praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

Jp66
  • Jp66
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thx guys. The reason I asked is because I just found out that my 7319 points were gone. All reset to zilch.

You need to make a fuel purchase at least once in 12 months to keep your points.

I don't know since when this rule came out because I've not pumped esso for some time and the points are still there when I made purchases at NTUC Express.

So do take note ok, smiles points do expire, contrary to popular belief.

I've submitted an appeal for my points Liao. Hope the reinstate back. 7319 points leh.. Knn how many petrol vouchers I can redeem with that man. angry.gif

wow! that is $280 + balance 269 points. ohmy.gif

300 smiles point for $10 Instant Fuel Redemption
750 smiles point for $30 Instant Fuel Redemption

http://www.essosmile...ption_fuel.aspx

Edited by Jp66, 22 April 2013 - 10:34 PM.

知足常乐
行到水穷处 坐看云起时

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I better go check... I have more than 1k point still ... Now only pump spc...

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:39 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

thanks for the heads up.

will pump 10 bucks before one year grace cool.gif
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

Darkblue
  • Darkblue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

"Q: When will my Smiles Points expire?

A: Smiles Points in your Smiles card will expire unless you make at least one qualifying purchase and earn points within 12 months from the date the last points were awarded.
"

Source: http://www.essosmile...smiles_faq.aspx
Uncle2 praised this

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:49 PM

Tireburner
  • Tireburner
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Have a question here regarding redeeming the smiles Points for fuel. If I use 750pts, the $30 of fuel is after discount or there's no discount on the sales price?
Got 2500pts and am thinking of redeeming fuel when price is still low

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:56 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The point is used to offset your gross purchase first, which means before discount.

So, sometimes cashiers do discourage. However, if other items are not attractive or of no use to you, then must well use it to offset petrol purchase.

Do check with cashier if points can be used to purchase those sunglasses. I used it twice to purchase fitover sunshades. [thumbsup]  

Edited by Kangadrool, 17 February 2016 - 06:56 PM.

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:49 PM

Doppel
  • Premium member
    Doppel
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Have a question here regarding redeeming the smiles Points for fuel. If I use 750pts, the $30 of fuel is after discount or there's no discount on the sales price?
Got 2500pts and am thinking of redeeming fuel when price is still low

The redemption is applied after the discount.

For example, pump $100, 17% Esso MasterCard discount: net $83.

If redeem 750 points for $30, net payment is $53.
Sunny and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:28 AM

YoungDriver
  • YoungDriver
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

how to use esso points?? Any examples? The esso counter always change staffs then they themselves also dk. they only say you need a few hundreds of points to rebate for petrol spendings. Also how to apply for the esso master card, under which bank? sry im real noob. last time always pump SPC cause the discount 17%. Highest of all given the credit cards that my family has. However, i tried esso and the FC for esso is much much better than SPC. thus wanna switch now.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:57 AM

Loki
  • Premium member
    Loki
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

how to use esso points?? Any examples? The esso counter always change staffs then they themselves also dk. they only say you need a few hundreds of points to rebate for petrol spendings. Also how to apply for the esso master card, under which bank? sry im real noob. last time always pump SPC cause the discount 17%. Highest of all given the credit cards that my family has. However, i tried esso and the FC for esso is much much better than SPC. thus wanna switch now.

Just tell the cashier that you want to redeem $30 with 750 points and they will do the deduction.

Apply for the ESSO Mastercard with DBS.

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:15 PM

YoungDriver
  • YoungDriver
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Just tell the cashier that you want to redeem $30 with 750 points and they will do the deduction.

Apply for the ESSO Mastercard with DBS.

thank you very much !!!!!!

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

RumTan
  • RumTan
    1st Gear
    Author Image

It does expire. When can use faster use lor. Not like got interest rate for keeping also...

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:03 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It does expire. When can use faster use lor. Not like got interest rate for keeping also...

Smiles Points will never expire as long as you use your Smiles Card at least once every 12 months to make a purchase.
Doppel and Theoldjaffa praised this

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I believe the Smiles points expire if there's no activity within 2 yrs.

That's what happened to me before.

Yesterday pump Esso, cashier told me the Smiles card no need to use already, as the points go into my DBS Esso card.

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What's the most worth it thing to redeem in the Smiles catalog? I got over 8000 points neber claim

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:10 PM

Terrylmt
  • Premium member
    Terrylmt
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

What's the most worth it thing to redeem in the Smiles catalog? I got over 8000 points neber claim

I personally change to KrisFlyer miles. But you can also opt for petrol redemption to offset your petrol purchases.

Here are some links that might help:

1. https://www.essosmil...s/rewards-guide
  2. https://www.essosmil...ert-your-points
  3. https://www.essosmil...#instantrewards

Also, to answer the TS question:

Smiles Points in your Smiles account will expire unless you make at least one qualifying purchase and earn Smiles Points within 12 months from the date the last Smiles Points were awarded and credited into your Smiles account.

SOURCE: https://www.essosmil...out-smiles/faqs

Edited by Terrylmt, 20 October 2017 - 06:15 PM.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users