• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
59 replies to this topic | 40 praises

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Fivegear
  • Premium member
    Fivegear
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

As above.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

As above.

If you want for economy,yes,if you want driving fun,no.
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Fivegear
  • Premium member
    Fivegear
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Define 'driving fun'? tongue.gif

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Define 'driving fun'? tongue.gif

more power, more quiet ride, better FC and less emission
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Fivegear
  • Premium member
    Fivegear
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

You have just stated the key characteristics of a hybrid right? So what is the driving fun?

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

You have just stated the key characteristics of a hybrid right? So what is the driving fun?

Good handling,nice engine sound....
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:09 PM

Ngaiadam
  • Premium member
    Ngaiadam
    1st Gear
    Author Image

It can be balance for both powering and economy for other model but confirm it's not for Camry Hybrid.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:19 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

i like quite engine, so its fun to drive quiet engine around ur neighbourhood in middle of night or even cruising in night
also more power for short acceleration

Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:43 AM

Flying_genie
  • Flying_genie
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Quiet engine? Hmmmm. Good to sneak back home after the wife goes to sleep!!! sly.gif

Edited by Flying_genie, 26 April 2013 - 06:44 AM.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 06:55 AM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

quieter than non-hybrid camry?
Justified additonal cost?

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

quieter than non-hybrid camry?
Justified additonal cost?

Quieter when on EV mode,but the CVT gearbox makes the car 'soul less' to drive,i will take the 2.5 if i buying Camry.
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It can be balance for both powering and economy for other model but confirm it's not for Camry Hybrid.

Agreed,cars like Audi A6 Hybrid or BMW 5 Hybrid...but these 2 cars cost much more.
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 09:28 AM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

http://www.sgcarmart...iew.php?AID=477

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iyFDZTItYbA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Camrysfa
  • Premium member
    Camrysfa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Quieter when on EV mode,but the CVT gearbox makes the car 'soul less' to drive,i will take the 2.5 if i buying Camry.

That's why I think BM still stick to the so-called outdated 4speed for the Altis instead of 'modernising' to CVT.
By the way, anyone knows - the Thai made altis: is the engine and GBox made in Japan or Thailand.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The Altis 1.8 and 2.0 although running CVT have the feel of a AT GB.

I personally love the CVT GB, it's smooth as compare to those AT which I have driven before.

Edited by Deckbuild, 26 April 2013 - 01:18 PM.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

WML888
  • Premium member
    WML888
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

My family owns the latest '13 Camry Hybrid 2.5L model, made in Thailand. To share my driving experienece :
- 2.5L petrol engine, (I recall total petrol + electric motor produce total ~200hp, ~210NM), amazing fuel consumption ranges from 15-21km/L.
- smooth, quiet and comfortable ride (so quiet that often forget to turn off engine after parked)
- need to get used to the audible "siren winding down type of sound" during deceleration/braking, as hybrid mechanism converting braking enegy to charge the battery)
- occassionaly, low static shock occur (when open door and touch the door frame) especially after a long drive
- both driver and passenger front seats come with air-conditioner (great for our type of climate)
- good acceleration delivered in a linear form, (torque ~210NM), but feel engine stretch when above 160km/hour
- great front lighting package (each side comprised of 2 HIDs, 1 LED)
- in my opinion, pricing wise, too pricy here
- IMHO : Overall, a well balance sedan with amazing fuel consumption.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

Deckbuild
  • Premium member
    Deckbuild
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

My family owns the latest '13 Camry Hybrid 2.5L model, made in Thailand. To share my driving experienece :
- 2.5L petrol engine, (I recall total petrol + electric motor produce total ~200hp, ~210NM), amazing fuel consumption ranges from 15-21km/L.
- smooth, quiet and comfortable ride (so quiet that often forget to turn off engine after parked)
- need to get used to the audible "siren winding down type of sound" during deceleration/braking, as hybrid mechanism converting braking enegy to charge the battery)
- occassionaly, low static shock occur (when open door and touch the door frame) especially after a long drive
- both driver and passenger front seats come with air-conditioner (great for our type of climate)
- good acceleration delivered in a linear form, (torque ~210NM), but feel engine stretch when above 160km/hour

Great sharing! Very informative for potential buyer thumbsup.gif

Posted 26 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

Intruderx
  • Premium member
    Intruderx
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif gd personal info

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Almost-there
  • Almost-there
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, I'm from Thailand and i would like to share you guys some interesting number of this car from the most reliable car tester in Thailand (every car will be tested according to his standard)
0-100 8.54 sec
80 - 120 6.12 sec
Fuel consumption 18.57km/L (light traffic and maintain the speed at 110km/h for abt 90km)

ps. the way he tests 0-100 is the same as everyday driving, so the number will be higher than factory test

Posted 26 April 2013 - 04:55 PM

Earthboy
  • Earthboy
    5th Gear
    Author Image

more power, more quiet ride, better FC and less emission

the camry fits in nicely than.

hybrid hence more torque. hybrid hence quieter and better FC laugh.gif

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Anyone, bought, latest, Camry and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users