Anyone bought latest Camry Hybrid? Review ho bo?

Fivegear

Hi, I'm from Thailand and i would like to share you guys some interesting number of this car from the most reliable car tester in Thailand (every car will be tested according to his standard)

0-100 8.54 sec

80 - 120 6.12 sec

Fuel consumption 18.57km/L (light traffic and maintain the speed at 110km/h for abt 90km)

ps. the way he tests 0-100 is the same as everyday driving, so the number will be higher than factory test

↡ Advertisement

more power, more quiet ride, better FC and less emission

the camry fits in nicely than.

hybrid hence more torque. hybrid hence quieter and better FC [laugh]

Not sure about the camry, yesterday while on ECP towards airport, I drove up the ramp all the way using Electric motor only on my PC. Zero fuel used going up a steep ramp =)

Good review.

My family owns the latest '13 Camry Hybrid 2.5L model, made in Thailand. To share my driving experienece :

- 2.5L petrol engine, (I recall total petrol + electric motor produce total ~200hp, ~210NM), amazing fuel consumption ranges from 15-21km/L.

- smooth, quiet and comfortable ride (so quiet that often forget to turn off engine after parked)

- need to get used to the audible "siren winding down type of sound" during deceleration/braking, as hybrid mechanism converting braking enegy to charge the battery)

- occassionaly, low static shock occur (when open door and touch the door frame) especially after a long drive

- both driver and passenger front seats come with air-conditioner (great for our type of climate)

- good acceleration delivered in a linear form, (torque ~210NM), but feel engine stretch when above 160km/hour

- great front lighting package (each side comprised of 2 HIDs, 1 LED)

- in my opinion, pricing wise, too pricy here

- IMHO : Overall, a well balance sedan with amazing fuel consumption.

Good car, go grab it! Soon there will be a new forum for camry, for all taxi camry and private owner, can exchange opinion and chit chat too. Parts might be more affordable in future since comfort camry coming soon :D

Good car, go grab it! Soon there will be a new forum for camry, for all taxi camry and private owner, can exchange opinion and chit chat too. Parts might be more affordable in future since comfort camry coming soon :D

I read somewhere BM no longer sold Camrys to taxi companies? Which is why they went for the cheaper Korean makes instead?

Anyway, Toyota's parts are already very affordable.

I read somewhere BM no longer sold Camrys to taxi companies? Which is why they went for the cheaper Korean makes instead?

Why would BM reject taxi company if they are interested in buying the Camry to be used as taxi?

Why need to refuse? They just need to quote higher price to turn down the offer to buy politely.

Taxi companies can also PI the car or import on their own.

1st Gear

Congratulations and welcome to hybrid user.

There are some informations that I cannot get from BM web on the camry H:

Engine power hp /kw

Hybrid motor : hp /kw

Total system power output:

What is the road tax payable for 6 month:

Thank you in advance.

Congratulations and welcome to hybrid user.

There are some informations that I cannot get from BM web on the camry H:

Engine power hp /kw

Hybrid motor : hp /kw

Total system power output: ~200hp (don't forget the torque is total ~210NM)

What is the road tax payable for 6 month: The petrol engine is ~2,500cc.

Thank you in advance.

Have you tried google Toyota Thailand website, information should be there.

Why would BM reject taxi company if they are interested in buying the Camry to be used as taxi?

Same reason why i45s (sonata) are not taxis any more?

Turbocharged

Same reason why i45s (sonata) are not taxis any more?

deviate from thread. Not aware that no new Sonata being added to Taxi fleet. They are quite comfortable. As for Camry, if taxi company wish to get 50 of them for taxi, would BM say " no, we would rather protect the esteem of our camry owners" [:p]

I just rented the Camry Hybrid in Aussie land.  Real life consumption (cold weather, little use of aircon) is about 6.8 litre/100km) mixed city/highway driving over a few days.  Useful information for those considering this car.

↡ Advertisement