S'pore studying Taipei's public transport system

Hshs

I dislike Taipei bus. Not that the route is poor but the way the driver drive is like KL mini-bus.... Daredevil! But then, it's damn cheap. Only 2 stage of pricing, 15NT and 30NT. I always take bus 307 from where I stay to banqiao, office in ZhongHe or Taipei city.

• Praise 1

I dislike Taipei bus. Not that the route is poor but the way the driver drive is like KL mini-bus.... Daredevil! But then, it's damn cheap. Only 2 stage of pricing, 15NT and 30NT. I always take bus 307 from where I stay to banqiao, office in ZhongHe or Taipei city.

Exciting mah [laugh]

I like their train service. Fast efficient and the people there don't push and shove!

• Praise 1

Exciting mah [laugh]

I like their train service. Fast efficient and the people there don't push and shove!

Yea, especially during peak hour with meimeis that packed with "cushion bags".... [laugh]

Talk about their MRT (or TRT), they have a stupid token that looks like a plastic coin for single trips. I find it really silly. Don't know if they still use it now. Hardly take the train there. Mostly bus...

Yea, especially during peak hour with meimeis that packed with "cushion bags".... [laugh]

Talk about their MRT (or TRT), they have a stupid token that looks like a plastic coin for single trips. I find it really silly. Don't know if they still use it now. Hardly take the train there. Mostly bus...

they are using 'plastic' cards (eazylink card) like ours ... -_-

Edited by Picnic06

it's not stupid lar.. last time our carpark also use this plastic coin leh....

• Praise 1

it's not stupid lar.. last time our carpark also use this plastic coin leh....

Yea, then gahmen buay tahan as ppl start feeding it with fake plastic coins right? Hehehe.... Back MY we used to have it too. The trick is to use the plastic coin but the last coin, use the real coin so that the visible last coin looks real. [cool]

Yea, then gahmen buay tahan as ppl start feeding it with fake plastic coins right? Hehehe.... Back MY we used to have it too. The trick is to use the plastic coin but the last coin, use the real coin so that the visible last coin looks real. [cool]

huh? cheem.. what you mean lol

huh? cheem.. what you mean lol

NVM.... I don't really understand how the plastic coin system used in SG too as I've not seen it. In MY, they have those typical parking lot coin machine where you can feed coins to start the countdown.

NVM.... I don't really understand how the plastic coin system used in SG too as I've not seen it. In MY, they have those typical parking lot coin machine where you can feed coins to start the countdown.

sg is just put in the plastic coin and they tell you how much to pay.... then you deposit cash lor

sg is just put in the plastic coin and they tell you how much to pay.... then you deposit cash lor

Oh ok.... similar to those paper card with magnetic strip huh...

i only used it a couple of times before in a carpark beside Peninsula Plaza..IIRC it's a small yellow plastic coin

i only used it a couple of times before in a carpark beside Peninsula Plaza..IIRC it's a small yellow plastic coin

yup that is the place.. i think a few more place have also.... if i rem correctly

Actually the plastic coin has a chip inside just like the EZ-link card. Tap to go in, slot to go out. In fact I think it's a better idea than our scholars who can only think of implementing $1 deposit for single trip ticket. And the cost price of the ticket is more than $1, they lose money when tourists decide to keep it as souvenir.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1