Restaurant near Clarke Quay chop carrot big time

Berncsp76

depends la

chen fu ji is well known for fried rice.. they claim that ever grain of rice is coated by egg

no sign board is known whitepepper crab

i dun think it is more ex than sin huat at lorong 35 geylang..... the famous crab bee hoon

how much a plate of crab mee hoon?

↡ Advertisement

Now I know why SG have a daft reputation in HK, PRC and ROC.

You're saying I'm one of the people contributing to the "daft" reputation of Singapore in specifically HK, PRC and ROC by saying that $3922 is reasonable for a meal in a high end seafood restaurant for 20 people?

I suppose places like NY and Paris would have a "daft-er" reputation in HK, PRC and ROC due to the even more expensive restaurants available there?

Compare apples to apples.

It's like saying people who buy a Rolls Royce for >$1 mil are "daft" cos a Chery QQ can also bring you to places in aircon comfort and with shelter from the elements.

I don't think many people would deem a Rolls Royce owner as "daft" when compared with a Chery QQ owner.

Edited by Chickenbackside

depends la

their fried rice is really good....

put gold flake in fried rice doesnt mean taste better right

alaskan crab for a few fellas... easily 300 to 500 at lei gardens...

haha...to each his own la... [:)]

those retailers who wana earn my $$ very difficult...

if fried rice put so many "ho liao" also eat until "heart attack".. [laugh]

in my opinion, their fried rice so so only, nothing that great, as i've tasted better fried rice....

haha bro in my 30+ years living haven eaten a meal that coz more than $100, summore is atas tze char only.

Maybe pay in Ringgit have before lah. :D

I fry my own version of fried rice ( home-made ) & laksa for my in-law too.

Instant hit for encore. Lol ! all less than 15$

news on papers and OMY liao

CFJ owner claimed computer error, 2 plate sotong become 22 plate...you believe? <_<

OMY

2盘炸苏东 竟收$706

20人普洱茶80元、2盘炸苏东706元、4只螃蟹812元,在中餐厅吃一顿晚餐要价5893元,食客在网上大骂,气得要告餐馆!

中国籍游客杨爱琳(译音)与一群朋友约20人,本周四到克拉码头的陈福记餐馆用餐,结账时对数以千计的账单,大为不满。

她说,餐厅给她的第一张账单总计$5893.45,在她投诉后,餐厅员工才说算错,应该是$3922.70,之后又改成$3282。

杨爱琳把账单放上面簿怒骂:

haha that's good...when can try your dishes? :D

its commendable to cook ur own..but others are operating a business..its a totally different thing altogether

I do like sin huat even tho they r expensive... Std is more than 100 per pax

depends la

chen fu ji is well known for fried rice.. they claim that ever grain of rice is coated by egg

no sign board is known whitepepper crab

i dun think it is more ex than sin huat at lorong 35 geylang..... the famous crab bee hoon

from the comments given here, the entire world economy would have collapsed long ago.

And we'll still be in the good old days when everything bought was in cents. Sitting in the streets eating out of a cart with rats running across your feet.

[rolleyes]

everyone compare to the ingredients they can buy from the wet market

Edited by Lala81

You're saying I'm one of the people contributing to the "daft" reputation of Singapore in specifically HK, PRC and ROC by saying that $3922 is reasonable for a meal in a high end seafood restaurant for 20 people?

I suppose places like NY and Paris would have a "daft-er" reputation in HK, PRC and ROC due to the even more expensive restaurants available there?

Compare apples to apples.

It's like saying people who buy a Rolls Royce for >$1 mil are "daft" cos a Chery QQ can also bring you to places in aircon comfort and with shelter from the elements.

I don't think many people would deem a Rolls Royce owner as "daft" when compared with a Chery QQ owner.

These are well travelled PRCs and they do have a feel of what is a reasonable price to pay for the food they ordered. Singapore is an international city and we are not located somewhere in Siberia, so imported stuff should not cost much much more, relative to prices in HK, NY, etc. Maybe they are comparing us to HK and not aware that rent here are at least 40% more than HK.

Luckily we can still get good seafood at Roll Royce place at 150 max per pax, with a bottle of Chivas 18 thrown in. You just have to do your homework.

PUBLISHED JANUARY 26, 2013

DINING

Famed HK dim sum chain to open S'pore outlet

BYDEBBIE YONG

MR MAK

His Tim Ho Wan restaurant will open a branch at Plaza Singapura in March - PHOTO: CAPELLA

GONE are the times when foodie bragging rights were earned according to the number of air miles one is willing to chalk up just to get a whiff of Chef X's famous this or a bite of Chef Y's handcrafted that.

In the current era of the celebrity chef and his rapidly expanding global restaurant empire, it's the chef who comes to the diner - not the other way around.

Come mid-March this year, local diners will be further spoilt for choice: revered Hong Kong dim sum chain Tim Ho Wan will be opening its first overseas outpost in the newly launched atrium wing of Plaza Singapura. The 100-seater will occupy a 2,000-sq ft space across from Starbucks Coffee in the mall's ground floor.

Tim Ho Wan's chef-founder Mak Kwai Pui says that the idea for a Singapore outlet was first broached by a long-time patron of his restaurant, Robert Chua, about half a year ago.

Singapore-born, Hong Kong-based Mr Chua is a well-known television personality often credited for being one of Asia's pioneer broadcasters. Both he and his younger brother, founder and chairman of Hersing Corporation Harry Chua, will back the local venture.

"One of my conditions for agreeing is that everything has to be done like I do back home," Mr Mak tells BT Weekend in a phone interview from Hong Kong.

This includes serving dishes one course at a time so that each item can be eaten piping hot, rather than laid out all at once as is commonly done here.

"Singapore has so many Chinese people who love dim sum, but there's nowhere that offers real, authentic Hong Kong-style dim sum," says Mr Mak.

The menu at Tim Ho Wan Singapore will be 80 per cent similar to the one in Hong Kong and will include familiar favourites such as his famed barbecued pork buns. The other 20 per cent will comprise made-for-Singapore special creations that will be introduced gradually once operations are running smoothly.

Prices will be slightly higher here due to higher labour costs and rental ("the rent here is 40 per cent more than my most expensive outlet in Hong Kong"), but will likely average around $4 per item.

Mr Mak plans to fly in to Singapore every three to four months to ensure that standards are consistent. In his absence, he's recruited a Singaporean dim sum chef from Marriott Hotel's Wan Hao restaurant to helm the kitchen. The chef will spend a week or two in Hong Kong later this month to familiarise himself with Tim Ho Wan's take on the art of dim sum making....

Edited by Voodooman

news on papers and OMY liao

CFJ owner claimed computer error, 2 plate sotong become 22 plate...you believe? <_<

OMY

2盘炸苏东 竟收$706

20人普洱茶80元、2盘炸苏东706元、4只螃蟹812元,在中餐厅吃一顿晚餐要价5893元,食客在网上大骂,气得要告餐馆!

中国籍游客杨爱琳(译音)与一群朋友约20人,本周四到克拉码头的陈福记餐馆用餐,结账时对数以千计的账单,大为不满。

她说,餐厅给她的第一张账单总计$5893.45,在她投诉后,餐厅员工才说算错,应该是$3922.70,之后又改成$3282。

杨爱琳把账单放上面簿怒骂:

I never walked into a Porsche showroom expecting to get a 911 at Corolla prices.

Nicely said

the TS thread equal to go toyota showroom but get charged for lexus [laugh]

↡ Advertisement