• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
38 replies to this topic | 190 praises

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

Staff69
  • Staff69
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Can someone help my buddy translate his Philippines helper text

The helper request to go home in april but he needs to know if she coming back or not

Screenshot_2017-11-24-18-24-14.png
Noob79, AltisOwner and Spring praised this
your social circles aren't wide enough if you think i am rich

Don't worry if plan A fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Never let your friends get lonely... 🧐keep disturbing them.

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:36 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Maid borrow ah long, boss lan lan pay

https://forums.hardw...ly-5800602.html

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:10 AM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sometime ago we got a maid who is in her late 20's. After a month working for us, we found she started to transform.

She started to wear sleeveless T shirts and low cut. Shorts that are even shorter than shorts showing butts. Later, she started going braless. It came to a point despite requesting proper dressing she did not take the advice and continued. We barred her from going out except weekends.

It came to a point where we were so uncomfortable that we had to bring her to see a psychiatrist. Later we found that she was raped while in transit coming to Singapore and was suffering from delusion / revenge / depression. We got her treated with medication and after 6 months she wanted to return home. So we release her but she told us not to tell her family the reasons as she still needs to pay the high commission in coming to Singapore to work.

Ingenius, BanCoe, Mercs and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 March 2018 - 01:04 PM

Vyap
  • Vyap
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

a word of warning 1st, have one the very first minute and your house becomes an instant atm, regardless of nationality.

I ,my friends, relatives all are living examples. http://www.mycarforu..._DIR#/sleep.gif

Good luck, my mum changed 3 maids in 8 months bcos of these.. gave up, now we no maid
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 March 2018 - 07:17 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Sometime ago we got a maid who is in her late 20's. After a month working for us, we found she started to transform.

She started to wear sleeveless T shirts and low cut. Shorts that are even shorter than shorts showing butts. Later, she started going braless. It came to a point despite requesting proper dressing she did not take the advice and continued. We barred her from going out except weekends.

It came to a point where we were so uncomfortable that we had to bring her to see a psychiatrist. Later we found that she was raped while in transit coming to Singapore and was suffering from delusion / revenge / depression. We got her treated with medication and after 6 months she wanted to return home. So we release her but she told us not to tell her family the reasons as she still needs to pay the high commission in coming to Singapore to work.

For the person who gave me the dislike and wrote that it is a fairy tale, I would like to say this you and if I can in your face. 

Just because you are living in a safe environment there are many who suffer mental and physical torture just to get a job here in Singapore or anywhere in the world. Please do not belittle these human beings who did what they do to support their families through these sacrifices.

When the next recession and depression comes let see just how many of us will risk of ourselves to find money to keep our families going or will we be too coward and just have suicidal thoughts.

What upset me most is not the dislike but to think there are people here who have the same mentally that thinks elderly with bent backs picking cupboards for a few cents are doing for the pleasure of exercise or all prostitutes are just selling their bodies to buy LV bags. I may add that these are the people with little more money will demand 6 star service from a waitress in a small restaurant.

Just how do we become a gracious society. Actually, I am not upset but feel really sorry for what our society is becoming.

Edited by Ash2017, 29 March 2018 - 07:18 PM.

Philipkee, Chucky2007, Staff69, Mercs, nazerath, Spurman, Angcheek and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:40 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

A lot of losers like to do anonymous dislike.. very small balls one.. don’t let them affect you.

I hope they will dislike me for saying them SMALL BALLS 🎱 🤣
Ash2017 praised this
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 29 March 2018 - 08:43 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For the person who gave me the dislike and wrote that it is a fairy tale, I would like to say this you and if I can in your face.

Just because you are living in a safe environment there are many who suffer mental and physical torture just to get a job here in Singapore or anywhere in the world. Please do not belittle these human beings who did what they do to support their families through these sacrifices.

When the next recession and depression comes let see just how many of us will risk of ourselves to find money to keep our families going or will we be too coward and just have suicidal thoughts.

What upset me most is not the dislike but to think there are people here who have the same mentally that thinks elderly with bent backs picking cupboards for a few cents are doing for the pleasure of exercise or all prostitutes are just selling their bodies to buy LV bags. I may add that these are the people with little more money will demand 6 star service from a waitress in a small restaurant.

Just how do we become a gracious society. Actually, I am not upset but feel really sorry for what our society is becoming.

Just ignore la.
Feel sad for our society also no use.
The rot starts from the very top.
Ash2017 praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:21 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The SMALL BALLs childish Rodent is so predictable 🤣🤣🤣

Attached Thumbnails

• A5FC645A-ABD0-4693-B8DA-93376C665DE8.png

Tohto praised this
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:27 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Actually for those childish dislikes, will the mods know they belong to which nick?

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:29 PM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

OMG! Luckily you brought her to the psychiatrist. Must have cost you a lot. Hope she's fine now.

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:29 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Was she good looking type?

Imo don't get those chio ones.

They will go out make friends
Ash2017 praised this

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:36 PM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maid borrow ah long, boss lan lan pay

https://forums.hardw...ly-5800602.html

This maid also know where to find ah long. 🤣🤣

Dun care lah.... I also kena dislike twice. Funniest thing was he commented COWARD. 🤣🤣🤣

The SMALL BALLs childish Rodent is so predictable ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

aiyo!
Mercs, Ash2017, Mustank and Staff69 praised this

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:25 AM

Tohto
  • Premium member
    Tohto
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The SMALL BALLs childish Rodent is so predictable 🤣🤣🤣

Give your 5 back.
Staff69 praised this

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:48 AM

Roborovskii
  • Premium member
    Roborovskii
    4th Gear
    Author Image

if maid just do house work, then i recommend that your automate your home cleaning processes with:

1) irobot roomba - vacuum
2) irobot scooba - mop
3) high pressure jet - wash toilet
4) electical vacuum flask
5) clothes dryer

only thing very difficult to automate is iron clothes

Very good suggestions above by Mustank.

I have 2 kids now in primary, both myself and wife working full-time since kids were born. No domestic help, just the 4 of us. Grandparents only help nanny them on weekends (Sat) so that we can catch a breather. It's tiring for the first few years, but likely much less complicated without a domestic helper around. Chores need to be incorporated into your daily routines, so it doesn't feel so tedious after some time. Split the chores with your wife, then stick to the assigned chores for LIFE (unless MC). Where able to automate, then automate as Mustank suggested. As for ironing, just try to buy clothes that don't require it  [:p] and/or iron your own clothes (i.e. tell wife she need not iron your clothes, as you will do it yourself).

Domestic labour in most of human history is usually only afforded by the most attas SES, and/or in societies with massively disproportionate power and wealth. Today, live-in domestic help has become affordable to "everybody" largely due to the huge economic disparities compared to neighbouring countries. This is an abnormality and does not bode well for our society at large. If all domestic workers went on strike tomorrow, then the trickle effect will create serious interruptions in the system. Since when is domestic help an essential service? It would be embarrassing.

Sotong1977, Dleodleo and Kxbc praised this
Many things in life depends on the roll of a dice. The more you roll, better the chances of getting a good number. Sitting around and sulking isn't going to get you anywhere. So keep rolling, keep trying...

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:46 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have 2 kids now in primary, both myself and wife working full-time since kids were born. No domestic help, just the 4 of us. Grandparents only help nanny them on weekends (Sat) so that we can catch a breather. It's tiring for the first few years, but likely much less complicated without a domestic helper around. Chores need to be incorporated into your daily routines, so it doesn't feel so tedious after some time. Split the chores with your wife, then stick to the assigned chores for LIFE (unless MC). Where able to automate, then automate as Mustank suggested. As for ironing, just try to buy clothes that don't require it [:p] and/or iron your own clothes (i.e. tell wife she need not iron your clothes, as you will do it yourself).

Domestic labour in most of human history is usually only afforded by the most attas SES, and/or in societies with massively disproportionate power and wealth. Today, live-in domestic help has become affordable to "everybody" largely due to the huge economic disparities compared to neighbouring countries. This is an abnormality and does not bode well for our society at large. If all domestic workers went on strike tomorrow, then the trickle effect will create serious interruptions in the system. Since when is domestic help an essential service? It would be embarrassing.

All the above still ok
Just don’t buy the scooba
Very lousy
Voodooman and BanCoe praised this

Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:43 AM

Spurman
  • Spurman
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Very sad to hear...good she din take more extreme actions and hope she recover...
Ash2017 praised this

Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:50 AM

Voodooman
  • Voodooman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I have 2 kids now in primary, both myself and wife working full-time since kids were born. No domestic help, just the 4 of us. Grandparents only help nanny them on weekends (Sat) so that we can catch a breather. It's tiring for the first few years, but likely much less complicated without a domestic helper around. Chores need to be incorporated into your daily routines, so it doesn't feel so tedious after some time. Split the chores with your wife, then stick to the assigned chores for LIFE (unless MC). Where able to automate, then automate as Mustank suggested. As for ironing, just try to buy clothes that don't require it [:p] and/or iron your own clothes (i.e. tell wife she need not iron your clothes, as you will do it yourself).

Not exactly correct. Huge income disparity is a global and not regional phenomenon.

In US or Europe, the middle income could easily afford Indonesians, Filipinos, poor South Americans and Africans (traditional suppliers of migrant workers) as live in helpers, but min wages and regulations mean they can't have it. Live in helpers are thus very expensive in these countries, it is a big steal in SG but it won't last forever.

Just make sure you know the trade offs.
Roborovskii praised this

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:11 PM

BanCoe
  • BanCoe
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good luck, my mum changed 3 maids in 8 months bcos of these.. gave up, now we no maid

Would have also received letter from MOM of frequent changes and might have to go for some kind of classes for the employer .... my mom got warning something like that but last one she got really an ulu ulu one and has so far stayed on for a year now
Ash2017 praised this

Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

dont stress yourselves over that .... not worth it anyway. 

There had been crazy fellows around ever since the first man walked Earth.  :D

Uncle2, Newbie26, Staff69 and Mercs praised this
樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Getting, Getting, domestic and 3 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users