Feedback about Golf Mk 7

Ssbcc

I was considering the Jetta as a replacement for our family car, but down at the showroom, the CO expressed more interest in the Golf instead.

Would appreciate feedback from the bros and sis driving the current Golf.

In particular, Internet has a lot of negative reviews about the DSG gearbox. Does anyone driving the Mk 7 Golf have any issues so far?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement

I was considering the Jetta as a replacement for our family car, but down at the showroom, the CO expressed more interest in the Golf instead.

In particular, Internet has a lot of negative reviews about the DSG gearbox. Does anyone driving the Mk 7 Golf have any issues so far?

Thanks in advance.

ROFLOL... Already saw a few mk7 broke down by roadside. [grin]

Maybe their drivers stop at roadside for break?

[laugh]

Maybe their drivers stop at roadside for break?

[laugh]

Yup, perhaps it just happened that the tow truck drivers were taking a break next to them coincidentally :D

Thanks in advance.

hahaha... goto vagsg.com n read the DSG gearbox threads... dont b suckered by their full page ads in ST...

Yup, perhaps it just happened that the tow truck drivers were taking a break next to them coincidentally :D

Or they are so close buddy to each other till park side by side and go la kopi. [laugh]

Or they are so close buddy to each other till park side by side and go la kopi. [laugh]

Like many bros always go smoke break together [cool]

Really? I own a Mk 7 golf and I have not heard a single case of failure in VAGS forum. You saw A FEW Mk 7 golf that has broken down care to share more details? :huh:

Your's still new..

We must make a wise decision on getting a reliable car instead of just the outlook like MK 7. With the new rule kicks in, you will need to bear with all the headaches for the next 10 yrs unless your pocket is deep enough to change car within 1 or 2 yrs time.

My 2 cents. [laugh]

Supercharged

Really? I own a Mk 7 golf and I have not heard a single case of failure in VAGS forum.

wait till a lot of them hit 30K km w/o DSG failure then maybe can consider...

Supercharged

I'm wondering why VW didn't bring in the manual version. Most of the British reviews of the mk7 were done with a manual car. :mellow:

ask urself: wat is the % of manual cars vs auto cars here? [laugh]

Really? I own a Mk 7 golf and I have not heard a single case of failure in VAGS forum. You saw A FEW Mk 7 golf that has broken down care to share more details? :huh:

For your reading pleasure.. [laugh]

post-121230-1367148140_thumb.jpg

Surprisingly, I saw the VW Golf (in DSG) is quite popular in Japan.

Volvo and Jaguar is non existent there.

Managed to see one Renault Megane Cabrio too.

My colleague's golf 6 n polo gti from 2011 no problems at all. Driving well n more than 45k mileage ..so might not be all hv that probs. Newer batch would hv resolved issues likr mk7?

My colleague's golf 6 n polo gti from 2011 no problems at all. Driving well n more than 45k mileage ..so might not be all hv that probs. Newer batch would hv resolved issues likr mk7?

Question is... Why pay good money for some product that may fail u unexpectedly? I guess people will not learn until it hits them. Safety is of utmost importance to me. Thats why i ditched my VW for another make.

You should check out the experience VAGSG guys had with VCS. Denial, accusation, etc just to get their butts out of responsibilities. :angry:

Question is... Why pay good money for some product that may fail u unexpectedly? I guess people will not learn until it hits them. Safety is of utmost importance to me. Thats why i ditched my VW for another make.

You should check out the experience VAGSG guys had with VCS. Denial, accusation, etc just to get their butts out of responsibilities. :angry:

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement