Feedback about Golf Mk 7

Ssbcc

Neutral Newbie

Hi Bros/sisters.

I have a racechip ultimate previously used on golf mk7.  Plug and play.

Letting go at 500.

interested please ctc me @ 9one8283one2.

RFS: changing car soon.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

hi guys, just wondering what is the recommended servicing milestones for brand new vw? 

the recommended mileage from the sales rep is 15/30/45k. 

isn't it a bit too long before the first servicing?

I'm driving golf mk 7 1.4 btw.

hi guys, just wondering what is the recommended servicing milestones for brand new vw? 

IMHO too long between services. I service all my turbo cars every ~8k.

8k - do outside

16k - do at VW

24k - do outside

32k - do at VW

40k - do outside

48k - do at VW

Modern cars with newer technology can have longer servicing intervals. I believe in Europe, VW has 20-25k between servicings, so in Singapore they already lowered it to every 15k to take into account the hotter weather here and also the more demanding traffic conditions.

I have a friend who works in Exxon, he told me a good engine oil like Mobil 1 can easily last 50-60k before breaking down. But of course his company as well as the car companies also want to make money from servicing so they will never recommend such long intervals.

Neutral Newbie

hi guys, i take it that the recommended servicing milestones were indeed ok since nobody had experienced anything bad before?

i find it abnormal since jap cars usually recommend 1/5/10 and multiples of 10k after that. 

hi guys, i take it that the recommended servicing milestones were indeed ok since nobody had experienced anything bad before?

i find it abnormal since jap cars usually recommend 1/5/10 and multiples of 10k after that.

U mean NA cars? Ya I agree 10k is a norm for NA/Jap cars.. I prefer to go for servicing earlier for turbo cars.. I mean since u already paying so much for the car already, it doesn't harm u paying a little more just to do a shorter servicing intervals right?

Twincharged

IMHO too long between services. I service all my turbo cars every ~8k.

8k - do outside

16k - do at VW

24k - do outside

32k - do at VW

40k - do outside

48k - do at VW

I will follow the same,but did it at 7,500km/15,000km...easy to remember...

U mean NA cars? Ya I agree 10k is a norm for NA/Jap cars.. I prefer to go for servicing earlier for turbo cars.. I mean since u already paying so much for the car already, it doesn't harm u paying a little more just to do a shorter servicing intervals right?

yeah, i wouldn't mind paying for my own servicing. just wondering why vw cycles are longer. engine oil is all the same, the recommended cycle is about 10k, even when i am in US, the recommended cycle there is 5k miles (which is about 8k in km). unless vw is claiming that their technology enables the car to sustain a longer wear and tear? 

just wondering if i should go to vw for the 7.5k servicing or should i find some other workshops? anybody have good recommendation?

(edited)

yeah, i wouldn't mind paying for my own servicing. just wondering why vw cycles are longer. engine oil is all the same, the recommended cycle is about 10k, even when i am in US, the recommended cycle there is 5k miles (which is about 8k in km). unless vw is claiming that their technology enables the car to sustain a longer wear and tear? 

just wondering if i should go to vw for the 7.5k servicing or should i find some other workshops? anybody have good recommendation?

I'm just wondering, why 8k and not say maybe 3k or 5k? I have heard of people who change their oil every 3k...

Anyway, if VW dares to write a 15k interval in the manuals, they must have done their studies? For one the engine oil they use might be certified for 15k, and the oil filter might just be bigger sized for the longer service interval.

Unless an oil analysis tells u otherwise, why not just save your money...

Edited by Budgetdriver

Twincharged

Is the 15k km eo intervel in the owners manual for normal driving conditions?

In Germany yes,but not here...too warm,too Humid,to much Start/Stop heavy traffic,& finally,too little high speed driving..[City driving,turbo car run rich,so part of the fuel with 'mixed' with the Oil.]

• Praise 1

Supersonic

In Germany yes,but not here...too warm,too Humid,to much Start/Stop heavy traffic,& finally,too little high speed driving..[City driving,turbo car run rich,so part of the fuel with 'mixed' with the Oil.]

Running rich also applies to compact TC?

Just curious, how does the fuel mix with oil?

Twincharged

Just curious, how does the fuel mix with oil?

Fuel goes past the piston rings during combustion

(edited)

The mark 7 golf has just got a facelift. Unfortunately for the 1,2L version, it has got only manual air-conditioning  controls compared with the digitized version in the pre facelift.

The upside is the 1,2L engine is now tuned for 108 hP instead of the previous 105 hP.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/review.php?AID=1041

Edited by No_worries
↡ Advertisement